[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Mass Effect series good or is it garbage that relies on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 517vYW8E9kL.jpg (45 KB, 397x500) Image search: [Google]
517vYW8E9kL.jpg
45 KB, 397x500
Is the Mass Effect series good or is it garbage that relies on its "story" rather than actual gameplay to sell copies to the unwashed masses?
>>
>>330540045
Yes
>>
Garbage that has homossexuals pushing the jewish gay agenda.
>>
1 is an okay game.

2 is a good shooter.

3 tries to be both, but just sucks.
>>
1 and 2 are good. 3 is pure trash wang.
>>
File: Mass-Effect-3-Gay-Bedroom1.jpg (223 KB, 985x537) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect-3-Gay-Bedroom1.jpg
223 KB, 985x537
ZUK MUH DIIIIIIIIIEEECK

ZUK MUH DIIIIIIIIIEEECK

>ZUK MUH DIIIIIIIIIEEECK
>>
>>330540369
>>330540478
not OP but was curious as well. Seen the PS3 trilogy shit at a pawn shop for $5 yesterday.
>>
>>330540552
They are good games, you'll have a good time.
3's ending is a bit shit but the actual gameplay and interacting with people is pretty good.
>>
File: ZUK MUH DIIIIIIIIIEEECK.png (534 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
ZUK MUH DIIIIIIIIIEEECK.png
534 KB, 1024x569
>>330540547
ZUK NOWWWWWWW
>>
>>330540624
I lived through the shitstorm here back when it released nothing can really spoil me about the color coded endings
>>
>>330540045

>Is the Mass Effect series good or is it garbage that relies on its "story"

A game can be good through its story and also it can be good BECAUSE of its story.
>>
1 Is pretty good, if you've played KOTOR you will probably like it, but if you try to do everything it gets really boring really fast

2 is still good, but instead of being like KOTOR it is your average TPS but with a really good world. It still has RPG mechanics but they aren't always the most useful.

3 is utter trash and should be avoided at all costs.
>>
>>330540698
The endings are the least of the Mass Effect series's problems.
They're just the multicolored cherry of stupid.
>>
I kinda wish there were more space/scifi rpg's like it.
We get so many fantasy rpg's but no real space ones, or not ones with more action based combat anyway.
>>
>>330540045
the gameplay is crap, exploration is crap
it only relies on its story, choices, and characters and their relationship
>>
It supposed to be good but it got EA'd
>>
>>330540776
5$ says before its over with there will be Assassin Creed games that take place in the far future with space ship battles in space and high orbit of planets.

Ubisoft managed to hit some kind of goldvein with the ship combat in Black Flag and Rouge but have no other way to bring it back as of now.
>>
>>330540698
How about the realization that the ending was a red herring to avoid shitstorm about the gameplay being generic TPS crap with no clever twist at all and overall production values being shit, especially animations like in every Bioware game.

Or the realization that people who say the gameplay is pretty good are shit-eaters with no standards, see this guy >>330540624
>>
>>330540913
I might actually enjoy that, I enjoy the idea of AC but not the actual games, so hopefully after they take this year off they will come back with something great, if not, oh well.

As for the ship combat, wasn't all that fro a unrelated game that got scrapped and they just used the code in AC?
I swear I remember reading something like that.
>>
Weeaboo here.

I'm playing the first and rather enjoying it, I haven't unlocked any romance or anything but that's not why I wanted to play it.

The TPS combat is simple but enjoyable, its not as polished as some other TPS games I've played but the RPG mechanics aren't too bad. The worlds are simple, the Citadel is nice to roam around but most planets end up looking the same. The main missions feel a bit like Fallout 3 (sorry it's all I can compare it to) except better (I've done Noveria and just finished Feros) though.

Basically I've never been much into Sci-fi type games nor WRPGs but I like it.
>>
Reminder 2 is the worst in the trilogy
>>
>>330540045
>garbage that relies on its "story" rather than actual gameplay to sell copies to the unwashed masses?
Literally every single RPG ever.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.