[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games everyone else loves that we fucking hate thread. >Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Games everyone else loves that we fucking hate thread.

>Pic related.
>>
We? Speak for yourself, cunt.
>>
>>330536192
>hate

i know its overrated but hate? come on edgy boy
>>
>>330536192
>we
Please go, we don't like being a we.
>>
>>330536192
I loved it until I played HL1 and realized it was a big step down. Nice sound design though.
>>
call of booty
>>
>>330536192
OP needs to understand there's a difference between overrated and bad.

This is a clear example.
>>
>>330536249
>overrated
No, it's not.
>>
>>330536249

You guys can think whatever you want. I just hated my time with Half Life 2.

#edge4life

<spoiler>don't cringe for me, I'm already dead</spoiler>
>>
File: 1420405962330.png (21 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1420405962330.png
21 KB, 500x275
>>330536521
>>
Half Life 2 is the better game on paper, but i would take HL1 over HL2 any day of the week just based on atmosphere alone

Also in HL1, nobody explains anything to you, or when they do, it's still a bit vague. In HL2 you have to sit through people talking and telling you exactly what do to, where to do it and why you are doing it, is like that scary feeling of isolation is gone in HL2 and it's a worse game IMO because of it.

HL1 made me feel like i was literally in a "Man vs. World" situation, G-Man puts it best at the end of the game in HL OF

"I admire those who can survive against all odds"
>>
>>330537771
>in HL1, nobody explains anything to you, or when they do
Half Life back in a day was such a unique experience because of this. I had no idea what I was doing, it often felt like I skipped half of the game because how naturally gameplay and levels flow into each others. Lots of closed doors, secret passageways, vents, scripted sequences, ways to continue your progress created an illusion that you are stuck in a much bigger environment than it actually was.
>>
>>330536192
Counter Strike
>>
File: 1457273514283.jpg (94 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1457273514283.jpg
94 KB, 519x533
>>330536192
>he fell for the "half life 2 is actually bad" meme

RIP
>>
>>330536192
I fired it up recently to see how the Update mod felt, it's still as good a game today as it was in 2004. Feels so strange to go back to an FPS that looks vaguely modern but is designed for a keyboard and mouse.
>>
>>330536192
literally reддit the game
>>
ME, it's just seems incredibly tacky, cheaply made, and bland to me. They rip that exact same game design formula from kotor over and over except making worse games with it. It's only good for a couple of amusing alien races and ass.

>>330537771

the isolation and how a game might only converse to you via mechanics being slowly introduced rather than blunt hand-holding is a good point and basically sums up the genius of Doom, as well as what you describe about HL.
>>
>>330536192
arnt you a special snowflake
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.