[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't know this game was gonna be a massive fucking cringe-fest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: firewatch-logo.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
firewatch-logo.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
I didn't know this game was gonna be a massive fucking cringe-fest.
Seriously, the dialogue tries SO FUCKING HARD to be funny, but just fails miserably. Whoever wrote the script for this game should just kill herself right now.
>>
>>330527750
play oxenfree instead
>>
I enjoyed Firewatch, but it leaned very hard on the dialogue and the "emotionally resonant story." I honestly think it would have been better with less dialogue... If the point is that you're isolated in the middle of nowhere, why fuck that up with some drunk woman bothering you all the time?
>>
Delilah is the serial killer and is the one who killed the two naked girls you meet at the lake and you both die in the end in a forest fire started by Brian Goodwin.

Now that you've been spoiled, don't buy/play the game.
>>
>>330528259
I actually liked Delilah, but yeah, sometimes she gets too talkative and the game would've been less annoying with if she didn't talk too much.
>>
>>330527750

The fagget devs admitted they altered the game for Anita Sarkeesian to be PC/Feminist friendly.

That's San Francisco for ya.
>>
>>330528431
Man, I wish this were true. It would have been insanely predictable and cliche, but it would have been slightly more interesting.
>>
>>330528691
It is true.
Maybe you got the Fantasy ending, which, if you watched through all the credits and waited for 5 minutes, you'd get a cutscene where Henry wakes up and realizes that him getting out alive the forest fire is just a dream.
>>
>>330527750
Maybe it was funny and you're just a miserable person.
>>
>>330528847
Play the game. Trust me, you'll cringe hard.
>>
>>330529045
Or you're just a miserable person.
>>
>>330528847
>cunts have no sense of the aesthetic and thus no means to measure the worth of art
>everything blurs together into a pile of shit for them
>they literally judge things like a stereotypical nigger: "OH DAT BAD! OH DAT GOOD SHE GOOD!"
>immediately get out of their depth in any debate and so shunt to subjective
>"You're just sad/bitter/virgin/loser lol"
>continue to infest and contaminate every discipline with their petty squawking
>thirsty betas enable their idiocy in a desperate search for pussy
>they keep spouting bullshit and desperately clinging to the cult of equality
>eventually they get that broken-souled look in their eyes like marshall applewhite
>they finally love big sister
They are among us even here, here at /v/
>>
>>330527750
>Seriously, the dialogue tries SO FUCKING HARD to be funny, but just fails miserably
You have shit taste and is probably a social outcast, the dialogue was the only good thing about it you autistic cringelord.
>>
>>330530920
I know, right? The new Ghostbusters is going to be amazing. I actually prefer the trailer to the originals :s
>>
There isnt even a pilot in the helicopter.
They were so lazy they didnt even consider a player taking two steps to the right to check
>>
>>330530920
off to /tumblr/ you go my friend ;^)
>>
>>330531036
Only autists complain about little shit like that.
I didn't even know there wasn't one until you said it.
>>
>>330527750
>herself
Have we finally reached True Equality?
>>
The dialogue is literally the only thing it has going for it.
>>
>>330531135
What about the fact that the Dad who wanted you out of the forest and not to discover the truth still left you hints on how to discover the truth.
>>
>>330531152
Whenever I talk shit about someone and I don't know her gender, I usually use a female pronoun, because 90% of the time I'm right.
>>
>>330531206
He's a very complicated character. That's how good the story writing is.
The villain isn't really all that evil, and those are the kinds of villains I like in games and movies.
>>
>>330528678
Sauce?
>>
>>330527750
>Seriously, the dialogue tries SO FUCKING HARD to be funny, but just fails miserably

I doubt you ever even talking to a real person in your life.
Talk shit about anything except the dialogue. It felt natural, and both Delilah and Henry have amazing personalities.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1313x738) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101 KB, 1313x738
>>330527750
>Comfy park ranger sim.
Whats not to like?
>>
>>330531483
How much did the developers pay you?
>>
>>330531351
>he left his son's skeleton in a fucking cave for years
>orchestrated an overly elaborate plan to cover his ass which backfires predictably
>randomly decides to bludgeon the main character for no justifiable reason
Reeks of bad script doctoring
>>
>>330531351
Or how Delilah pretends she cant see the Dad's Science tent even though her roost has direct line of sight to it.
If the Dad wanted no one to discover that his son ripped in a cave, why didnt he ever bury the body, or hide the body.
But instead decided he'd rather live in the forest and scare off anyone living in a giant radius of the incident.
He'd also like to destroy government property because 'im quirky'
>>
>>330531609
>it's a "le shill" episode.
wew lad.
>>
>>330531609
A million bucks. Just to come here to tell you how wrong you are :)
Retard.
>>
>>330531483
They didnt even have the writing capacity to tell the difference between a turtle and a tortoise
>>
>>330531579
for the first 10 minutes of actual gameplay, sure
the rest is crap
>>
LITERAL shitty meme game.
>>
>>330531820
Uhh... wow!
How did you land that job!?
>>
File: y2Kuma.png (112 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
y2Kuma.png
112 KB, 250x224
>>330531689
Well we should make our own game then.
>>
File: 1447226376466.gif (2 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
1447226376466.gif
2 MB, 581x327
Did anyone here honestly even remember the wife past the 2/3rds mark?
I mean halfway through they bring her up once so she's on your mind for a bit. Then by the end of the game whatsherface brings her up and it's like "what? who? oh right. wait I don't give a single shit about her, what the fuck?"
>>
>>330531874
I had two turtles as pet and even I dont know the difference, nor I care.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1836x2448
I thought it was cute. Worth a watch/pirate/$5 sale.

A lot of people didn't like the story, I liked it quite a bit.
>>
>>330532223
It depends on what you expected when you first start the game.
If you expected some epic murder conspiracy mystery, then the story will be bad for you, but if you expected realism and just a random emotional adventure, then it will be good for you.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.