[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never understood how people are able to defend this absolute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: GameCube_controller.png (2 MB, 1800x1400) Image search: [Google]
GameCube_controller.png
2 MB, 1800x1400
I have never understood how people are able to defend this absolute monstrosity of controller design.
>>
I'm convinced any praise for this is fuelled by nostalgia.

God-tier triggers though
>Dat squish then click
>>
Looks dumb, fits like a glove though.
>>
>>330524172
That's a smash bros controller basically that surprisingly was as comfortable as the ps1.
>>
Originally the controller wasn't going to have a dpad and one version had three kidney buttons instead of that little red one.

Miyamoto apparently kept changing it. He really overthought it.
>>
>>330524341
This. Who cares what it looks like when it works so well.
>>
>>330524172
I didn't mind the button layout besides the missing Z button on the left side. What in the actual fuck were they thinking?

>>330524283
They was nasty. Any analog triggers are garbage imo though the GC were probably the best.

Give me digital triggers ala DS2 any day.
>>
Its a decent controller overall but it excels when it comes to smash.

feels like the controller was meant for smash, shits so smooth to use. Better than any other controller on the wiiu
>>
>>330524172
The only negative aspect of the GC controller is the d-pad.
>>
>>330524172
It's super goddamn comfortable though
>>
File: wavebirdgc.jpg (62 KB, 1000x944) Image search: [Google]
wavebirdgc.jpg
62 KB, 1000x944
>>330524172
I had such a boner for the wave bird GC controller - it just looks so good. kinda like the Dream Cast controller
>>
>>330524743
The c stick is a bit shit. And it could have used another shoulder button.
>>
The d-pad and the c-stick areas at the back is actually moved forward compared to the rest of the back, giving more room for the handles and giving even bigger hands at least room for the pinky and the ring fingers. The B, A, and Y buttons', and the c-stick's, positions follow the natural rotation of the thumb. My only problem is no ZL button.
>>
It is good for Smash. That's it. I hope for the next Smash they make a dedicated controller so the fanboys can stop wanking over this one.
>>
>>330525904
smash fightstick please
>>
>>330524858
that somehow looks even worse
>>
>>330524283
>excellent analog stick
>most comfortable placement of face buttons with least thumb movement
>best triggers
it wouldn't work too well for modern games that rely so much on dual analog controls
but it's still a superb controller for any other game type
>>
>>330524172
It sits well in the hands.
Both thumbs sit well in primary positions, the control stick and the A button.
Triggers are pretty good.

D-pad and C-Stick are pretty bad for anything but occasional use like bringing up a sidemenu or nudging the camera a bit.
Z button is small and doesn't feel good to press, it also isn't mirrored to both sides of the controller.
The non-optional octagons around the control sticks can be annoying when the game allows for omnidirectional movement.
>>
>>330524172
honestly, i never had a gamecube growing up and i tried playing it recently and was so surprised how comfortable this controller was
>>
>>330524172

It was made to play one game, which was Melee.
>>
I found all the button spacing on the right was extremely well placed, much more ergonomic than the xbox or ps controller.

My only real gripe is that the c-stick is garbage, but then less games relied on dual sticks as much anyways back then. And it's too small for my hands, but that goes for the ps controller too. I have massive hands.
>>
>>330524172
This one is fine. The n64 controller is the real abomination. The n64 controller is a gamecube controller spread over three prongs. It's nonsense. Sony did it properly just a year later, with two sticks and all the buttons.
>>
It's decent and at this point from so much melee it feels natural. The L and R triggers are loud as fuck though.
>>
It's excellent for exclusives because they designed them with the controller in mind
>>
File: RINGU RINGU.gif (2 MB, 478x391) Image search: [Google]
RINGU RINGU.gif
2 MB, 478x391
I personally prefer the Xbox controller, and my first console was a Gamecube. I wish I still had it too. But playing on my friend's GC last year after not touching one of those controllers in years, it felt too small.

The Xbox controller feels better in my hands, the face button placement feels more natural, and the triggers are nicer. Not crazy about the black and white buttons, especially compared to having two trigger buttons. Stick placement was comparable, but the sticks are meatier, especially comparing right stick to C-stick.

I guess my preference changed as my hands grew.
>>
>>330524172
it's literally the best controller ever made, and you'll always be objectively wrong.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.