[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
expectations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Tales of Berseria.jpg (37 KB, 400x181) Image search: [Google]
Tales of Berseria.jpg
37 KB, 400x181
expectations?
>>
I expect it to be shit
>>
same gimmick as tales of zesteria but instead with an anti-hero edgelord.
>>
>>330516192
I expect /ss/ and for the boy heal slut to die a tragic death
>>
I expect hack-n-slash like gameplay, full free run, but with no means of jumping.
The four face buttons being used for attacking means they HAVE to give each character a large number of unique moves. I expect stylish gameplay.

I also am guessing they will lock more content like mystic artes and costumes behind paywalls. They may cut out characters from the story and then have you pay to play them in a gimped state. Also, they're going to rerelease the game in another region with more content, then never localize it.
>>
>>330516192
Hopefully the same system as Zes but with most of the problems fixed.

There was some serious potential there, all they had to do was fix the AI and the customization system.
>>
>>330516192
wew
>>
>>330517603
And the fact that enemies ignored the weakness system whenever they attack, and the imbalance in the rock-paper-scissors of the martial-seraphic-hidden artes, and the TINY variety of spells, barebones graphical work, 30 FPS lock, the way every character is limited in their elements, the way you can't fucking heal when you're under a status affliction, regardless of what it is, and how important status afflictions are when they're chance-based, even with all the chance-improving functions that don't fucking work...
>>
>>330516192
Fairly good rule 34
>>
>>330516192
Zestiria with a girl MC

So shit
>>
Another shit entry that further kills the series
>>
>>330516192
Another 5 to 7/10 action RPG with a cliche as fuck story and decent combat... Much like the series has been for the past decade and a half.
>>
>>330516192
thought Zestiria was a solid 7/10, kind of seeing this as more of a 5-6/10. Tales is really bad at doing edgy well and I'm sick of Xillia's ugly engine.
>>
>>330516192
The nail in the coffin for the series.
>>
>>330516192
I expect mediocrity and disappointment toward the end of the game when I realize that the characters aren't going to be developed and the game will finish while feeling terribly short.

If Sakuraba is the only composer on board for Berseria, then I expect only disappointment in the soundtrack.
>>
>>330516192
I expect it to be kind of junk.
The more recent Tales games are awful because of the gimmicks they use make it more and more difficult to play with my friends. Plus the story has been boring for a long time.
They really should just make a less shitty Tales of the World where everyone can make their own character and play through the game like a 4 person DMC.
>>
>>330516192
>330516192
the name is getting ridiculous
Berseria? what kind of name is that? Does it belongs to a god? person? country? axe-wielding job class?
This is the prime example of shit JRPG naming
>>
I dunno. I liked Xillia and this thing seems to be more of it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.