[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right? Why aren't you allowed to say Halo is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What went right?
Why aren't you allowed to say Halo is a good game on /v/?
>>
File: 1455269192150.jpg (94 KB, 680x878) Image search: [Google]
1455269192150.jpg
94 KB, 680x878
Because it ruined FPS forever
>>
>>330485079
I-I want to bungie-san
>>
>>330485079
If by ruining you mean introducing widely-liked concepts that still persist in FPS games to this day

They aren't added to make the game shittier they are added because people liked them
>>
>>330485523
Halo itself was a well executed game, they deviated just enough from the established formula to make a good game, other games took it way too far and that's how we get Call of Duty back in the mid 2000s

Arena shooters are slowly working their way back into the main stream, or at least elements of them.

Every CoD game is better than the last as the series moves closer to Halo at its peak, though ironically each Halo moves closer to mid 2000s CoD, but theyre commercial failures.
>>
>>330485750
It says right there from Bungie themselves that they added a two-weapon limit and regenerating health to appeal to a wider audience.
>>
>>330485750
Since when has catering to the lowest common denominator ever been a good thing?

I mean. I will say even though I'm not a huge fan of Halo that there are a lot worse series, but there's no question that it's one of the biggest reason why the FPS genre is pretty much been on a ridiculous down spiral of terribleness since the mid 2000s.
>>
>>330486113
>implying an other developer wouldn't have figured out how to dumb down games to cater to consoles if Bungie hadn't of

It's not because of the game, it's because of the platform.
>>
>>330485979
I like regenerating health in multiplayer shooters
>>
>>330486113
>Since when has catering to the lowest common denominator ever been a good thing?

uh...... since always?
>>
>>330485013
This is how you spot a newfag. Halo has always been respected and you could easily have chill threads on /v/.
>>
>>330487052

Thing is that it was bungie and therefore halo, so it did. This is like saying what stalin did wasn't wrong because someone else would've done the same thing eventually.

No shit sherlock, that doesn't make halo not the casual fps that it was.
>>
>>330485979
To be fair the first halo was shield + health. You could play without shields in multiplayer you just died very quickly.
>>
Whatever happened to that Russian Halo Game?
>>
>>330485013

Most of the good things about halo pretty go along the lines for "it was good for a console shooter." If you owned a console and never played an fps halo was probably a breath of fresh air, aside from that it was good but not fantastic. I would give it serious props for having an entertaining campaign though and like most super popular properties any good is slowly sucked away from it by numerous sequels.
>>
>What went right?

Cool vehicles and co-op.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.