[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth buying? seems very innovative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Resonance-of-Fate_PS3_FOB_ESRB.jpg (770 KB, 1000x1151) Image search: [Google]
Resonance-of-Fate_PS3_FOB_ESRB.jpg
770 KB, 1000x1151
Is this game worth buying? seems very innovative
>>
Yeah
>>
>>330366072
The music's catchy as fuck and the characters are easily likeable, but the combat gets repetitive about half-way through once you've figured it out, and when the game takes away a party member for whatever reason you just want to vomit.
>>
>>330366473
Forgot to add I also have about 800 hours in it over multiple playthroughs, definitely got my money's worth.

Do it, anon.
>>
Great characters, amazing music, and overall very original.
Be prepared for some spicy bullshit with difficulty curves though.
>>
>>330366072
It is.
>>
>>330366072
Every battle, every boss-fight, relies on the exact same strategy. Over and over. As expected from SEGA, the game is boring a generic.
>>
Battle system seems a little off at first but its bretty after the initial 30 minutes of confusion.

i don't have time for JRPG right now or else i would have played more of it.
>>
>>330366072
Boring meme game thats only appeal is its aesthetics and music just like nier.
>>
>>330366072
Yes. It has the only jrpgs with an actual fashion sense
>>
>>330366892
*jrpg protagonists
>>
>>330366473
I actually liked it when the party is split. Like when Vashyron crashes a wedding rehearsal.
But fuck the cardinal fight on the bridge. The buttons were just too small to activate the blockades.
>>
>>330366987
>Cardinal

I remember this fight being over in about thirty seconds.
>>
Pros:
Excellent for playing dressup

Cons:
Unlimited Grind Works
>>
File: Plumber's Schematic.jpg (166 KB, 796x1023) Image search: [Google]
Plumber's Schematic.jpg
166 KB, 796x1023
>>330366072
One of my personal favorites. Grinding is a hassle, but the actual experience of the combat is fantastic when you get the hang of it, and that does take a lot of time, so it really depends on how patient.

Story is confusing as hell, but the actual acting is pretty damn good.
>>
>>330367403
Once Pater got fucked, I just turned off my brain and kept going on
>>
looks japanese.
japanese looking games are usually shit
>>
>>330367915
Okay, bud
>>
One of the few games I bothered to Platinum.

I liked it. Don't play it with the expectation of understanding a story, though.
>>
Play in a linear fashion, because otherwise it gets boring and broken. I'll give you a help for the final boss, no spoilers: stock up on aoe items because it's a much simpler way of taking him down.
>>
>>330366072
>Great fun after you get into the combat.
>Sensible chuckles were had from the dialogue.
>Very lengthy but not annoyingly so
>New Game+ if you can't get enough

Not a perfect game by any means.
A lot of negative aspects already listed, but it's all good fun if you can manage to get into the combat mechanics (a mate of mine couldn't stand it but I enjoyed it thoroughly).
>>
>>330366072
I own this and played about half way through. Do not recommend. Battles are very boring and repetitive, both tactically and visually. Dungeons all empty. No kidding, the map screen is more interesting. This game will seem cool at first but it never gets any better.

I am a big tri-ace fan but this is their worst game. Any star ocean, Valkyrie profile, beyond the labrynth, or radiata would be better. Especially VP2, SO2, and labrynth.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.