[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Battlefront
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: star-wars-battlekek.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-battlekek.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
what went wrong?
>>
everything, a rushed piece of shit launched alongside the movie for the shekels
>>
>>330363160
no campaign or galaxy conquest

loved taking over the universe with clone armies
>>
Didnt even attempt to follow Battlefront 2's formula, or implement anything that made it such a great game.
>>
>>330363160
Nothing, it's good
>>
DLC doesn't work and games should stop relying on it.

>especially when it's paid.
>>
Nowhere near enough content in the base game.
Borked progression system; the weapons you unlock are straight upgrades so newer players are completely outclassed.
Walker Assault is the only game mode worth a damn.
No classes.
The pick-ups are a dumb idea.
>>
>>330363160
>No clone wars
>No conquest
>No new trilogy
>No loadouts
>No Space Combat
>3 Heroes per team
>Force users play 2nd fiddle to gun heroes
>All maps are linear as shit
>AT AT on rails (I don't mind this one so much but a lot of people do)
>Limited map selection
>Limited game modes (most game modes are exactly the same)
>Some maps are just plain shit and unfun

Sure theres way more im missing
>>
>>330364289
>no space battles
Easy one senpai
>>
File: react.jpg (6 KB, 144x143) Image search: [Google]
react.jpg
6 KB, 144x143
>>330363697

topkek
>>
>>330363958
>new weapons are upgrades
The starting weapons are amazing though. The E-11 might be the best gun in the game.
>>
It's not Star Wars: Battlefield. It'd be much better than the current game if that had come true.
>>
File: phew.gif (4 KB, 71x47) Image search: [Google]
phew.gif
4 KB, 71x47
>>330363160

Rushed to get hype from the movie.
>>
Rushed as shit.
Wide as a puddle, also as shallow as a puddle.
OT only
No classes, instead pickups and starcards.
Smaller size.
Three ground vehicles, except one is limited to one map on two gamemodes.
Not enough of anything, really.

On the other hand it looks and sounds great so maybe the 120 dollar price tag for the game and season pass content is totally worth it.>>330364289
>>
>>330364923
>rush a game to ride off of the hype
>don't even include any content from the movie
What the fuck is wrong with them
>>
Worst executed Star Wars game ever.

Thanks Disney.

Why can't we just get another Shadows of the Empire?
>>
I think one of the biggest failings is that there is basically no actual teamwork
In Battlefield and old Battlefront, you needed teammates to help, either with health, ammo, being with you in vehicles, or even just spotting enemies.

With no voice commands, health, spotting, or squads, theres no sense of teamwork. You're just doing everything yourself unless somebody happens to follow you.
There are the emotes but unless everyone knows that doing the robot means attack the left flank, they're useless.
>>
I think it's a good game but not worth it initial retail price + season pass. The only problem I have is the No Clone Wars or even Force Awakens. There's only so much you can do with the original trilogy, namely Heros. Add least add Kylo Ren and Phasma, not fucking Greedo and literally who monkey man
>>
>>330364542
>>No Space Combat
> no space battles

???
>>
>>330363160
DICE went with quality over quantity and fags got mad
>>
>>330366627
>Quality
>Quanity
>EA Battlefront

Pick one.
>>
>>330366796
I don't remember any previous Battlefront looking this good, sounding this good or having decent gameplay.
>>
>>330366930
The previous Battlefront were pretty fun to play
>>
>>330366930
>being a graphicswhore

Are you actually a legit shill? Like for real is someone paying you?
>>
>>330366930
fucking kill yourself you piece of shit, the gameplay of both previous Battlefronts blows this shit out of the water
>hurr they didn't look this good
no shit retard, they're from 2 generations ago
>>
The game is pretty good, shitposting gone too far and wrong on /v/
>>
>>330367101
>>330367102
Like I said, DICE got quality over quantity. I guess you can't even understand what that means.

Not a surprise in the F2P shovelware era

>>330367274
Previous Battlefront games are meh at best.
>>
>>330366930
>looking this good
You got me, they're all older and two generations of consoles ago

>sounding this good
Yep again, I'm sure theres a difference if I cared to notice

>decent gameplay
If there was a barn, you'd miss it, m8.
>>
>>330364289
>>No clone wars
No one cares, they're shitty cancer
>>No conquest
Tacked on shitty cancer
>>No new trilogy
Shitty cancer
>>No loadouts
That's shitty cancer
>>No Space Combat
Confirmed for never having played battlefront 2 and witness the shitty cancer that is space battles
>>3 Heroes per team
That's fine
>>Force users play 2nd fiddle to gun heroes
Confirmed for having not played the game
>>All maps are linear as shit
As were the larger scale maps in 1 and 2
>>AT AT on rails (I don't mind this one so much but a lot of people do)
They always essentially functioned like this and this entire complaint is shitty cancer
>>Limited map selection
Yes
>>Limited game modes (most game modes are exactly the same)
Yes
>>Some maps are just plain shit and unfun
Yes
>>
>>330367402
Okay, well what's so bad about new Battlefront gameplay that was great about previous ones?
>>
>>330367503
>functioning weapons
>functioning classes
>physical vehicles, not power up cards
>roll
>Galactic Conquest
>Not online only for the core gameplay
>SPACE
>BATTLES
>>
>>330367686
>all pointless content
I meant what was so good about the gameplay, not content.
>>
>>330367831
>pointless content
Nice bait
>>
I'd don't understand why people, through such a bitch fit when a single player mode isn't included in a game despite the fact that their likely to never even play it.

Also isn't fighter squadron essentially space battles but not in space?
>>
>>330365971
Nice
>>
>>330363160
No campaign, no galaxy conquest. Couldn't be Mandalorian.
>>
>>330366627
>DICE went with quality over quantity and fags got mad
>DICE forgot about quality and fags got mad
ayy lmao
>>
>>330367831
GTA would have great gameplay if it wasn't for all the content, cars, guns, hell what do we even need a world map for?
>>
>>330363160

It's not a hot, steaming pile of shit. It's just a dissapointing mess that was obviously rushed to please the Star Wars fans.

Supremacy isn't too bad.
>>
>>330368036
I guess you're right. GTA Online is shit and a fucking caricature of what everybody always loved about GTA.
>>
>>330365971
>expecting teamwork in an online shooter
You expect too much of people, even with voice chat they won't be willing to work with you. At least the game tries encouraging some degree of teamwork by giving you a partner from game to game
>>
>>330365971
Yep, they removed damn near everything that's related to teamplay and expect people to NOT run around like headless chickens.

Bad move...
>>
>>330366930

Sure, the visuals are pleasing to the eye, but nobody gives a shit about how it looks. Gameplay makes or breaks a game, and Battlefront's gameplay is mediocre at best.
>>
>>330367353
They don't have either with what >>330365057
And >>330365971 said.

So I ask of you how does your post make sense when the game doesn't even have quantity and quality to it?
>>
>>330368442
I still didn't get the answer on what's so bad about the gameplay that was great about previous BFs.
>>
>>330363160

>no suppression
>no commander tablet mode
>no battlelog
>not enough dlc to buy
>>
>>330367501
>I cant think of a reasonable comeback or counter argument so call everything cancer

Bravo sir
>>
>>330363160
>no campaign
republic commando had decent one
>no clone wars
yeah I know prequels are shit I mean clone commandos
>no old republic
>no space battles
>AT AT on rails
>lack of game modes
plus game is fucking dead on pc and dying on consoles
>>
>>330367501
>No one cares, they're shitty cancer
The movies were shit, the clone wars though is way more fun for gameplay

>Confirmed for never having played battlefront 2 and witness the shitty cancer that is space battles
Dude wtf, space battles were fun as fuck

>Confirmed for having not played the game
If you can use boba or leia or han half decently they can wipe the floor with emps, vader or luke
>>
>>330368606
Nothing's wrong with the gameplay. The only difference between this and the last two is
>this one doesn't have ammo and runs off a cooling system which makes more sense.
>The HP restores automatically instead of having those two stationary droids set in areas you control that heal you and refill ammo
>instead of choosing a class you create your own but the diversity is somewhat lacking and the jump pack is pretty much a must for most people
>>
>>330369000
Oh look, so I was right after all. Quality over quantity.
>>
>>330368221
I don't blame you for being jaded, but it's surprisingly possible to coordinate random schmucks. If one guy starts getting fed up and takes point by shouting order, usually there are people that will follow suit.

But having no voice chat makes that impossible.
>>
>>330367831

gameplay requires diversity and quality of content to have any value.

A game could be a 10/10 walking simualtor but it doesn't have good gameplay due to lack of content.
>>
There's literally no reason to use notuse Boba Fett. He has the best quotes. The Emporer has to be the worst hero in the game because he has to get close for his normal to hit and it doesn't one shot so he makes himself vulnerable to a few shots each engagement. His best attribute is his spawning of Imperial Elites
>>
>>330363160

They tried to release a game with no content, and then promised you might get some content if you paid another large amount of money.

No I.P. and film tie in is strong enough for that.

I hope it burned everyone involved for attempting something so amazingly bad.
>>
>>330369365
Battlefront has all that.
>>
>>330369246
Even something like a quickchat or spotting would help. If I see teammates being flanked, I can't do anything about it besides just trying to kill them.

It's funny because there are already voice lines for saying "incoming" or "stormtroopers ahead" but they're randomly said by characters and not actually somebody pointing them out
>>
>Still outdone by an 11 year old title
>Pandemic/Rebellion/whatever weren't brought back
>We'll never see the final version of all that leaked footage from the cancelled Battlefront game
>Shooting first as Greedo
>>
>>330369597
Boba > Emperor > Vader
Leia > Han = Luke
The emperor is great for crowded areas because his lightning hits multiple people, and chain lightning is great. He's just more for support though, you can't really expect to charge into the front lines all the time.
I think they tried to make the non force users more appealling so people would use them, but instead made them too strong.
>>
>>330370113
They had to be strong, they're swinging lightsabers in a map full of gun toting troopers. That said, Vader is much weaker than Luke because he lacks the mobility. Luke can jump amazing heights and Vader just levitates(?) slowly in the air like a huge target
>>
Barebones content. Game is unbalanced. Walker assault on Endor is nearly impossible to win as the imps and the dogfight mode is hilariously unbalanced in favor of the rebels.
>>
>>330370510
>non force users
>non
But you're right. Luke is fine because of the speed and Vader is absolute garbage. He's slower, has the same stats, and his abilities are worse. They should have given him more health or infinite blocking.
>>
N O C L O N E S W A R S
>>
>>330370618
>Walker Assault on Endor is nearly impossible to win as the Imperials
Literally git gud
>>
They need to fix the aerial combat on non-fighter squadron modes. Whichever team has two active fighters in the air has pretty much complete control of the air because if you spawn a fighter they'll take it down almost immediately because you're double teamed. I might just suck with fighters though. I never bother using them outside of the Rebel side during Walker Assaults
>>
>Star Cards given after a small amount of time rather than earning them through points
>Hardly any noteworthy customization
>Blasters overheat rather than have magazines like they do
>Personal shields and jet packs
>No big battles like in SWB1 and 2. Walker assault and supremacy is shit
>No story
>No galactic conquest
>No Clones. Think of the customization
>>
>>330371350
>Star Cards given after a small amount of time rather than earning them through points
That's dumb, I don't want to kill a few people before I get to throw 1 grenade that does nothing
>Blasters overheat rather than have magazines like they do
Why would laser weapons have magazines?
>Personal shields and jet packs
Personal shields don't let you shoot out them though so it's fine. Jump Packs are just mobility
>>
>>330372513
From the star wars wiki
>Most personal blasters had two kinds of ammunition: a gas cartridge and a power cell. Blaster gas cartridges could typically provided for up to five hundred shots before needing replacement. Most blaster power packs could supply energy for up to one hundred shots.
>>
>>330372513
>why would a laser weapon respect the law of conservation of mass and energy and carry only a limited amount of shots?
And blasters aren't lasers you fucking pleb
>>
>>330370787
Vader isn't shit, you just don't know how to utilize him. His throw is fucking great and his choke takes honor guards in one go.
>>
>>330368730
Nice retort.
Bad things are bad.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.