[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it's become apparent to me that zelda will never deviate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: d.jpg (374 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
374 KB, 1800x1350
it's become apparent to me that zelda will never deviate from the OOT formula
>>
>2D Zelda
>sidekick
>>
>>330360441
If you swap 'shapeshift' for 'gimmick' then that's 99 percent of all adventure games/RPGs ever.

Hell, the fucking Crash Bandicoot series fits this formula, it's so vague.
>>
>>330360441
>Listing the generic fairy art from the first three games as sidekicks
Whoever made that image is dumb
>>
>>330360441
>first zelda's sidekick not the old man
ya blew it
>>
>>330360441
>those stretches with the 2d games
They didn't have sidekicks, dumb menu fairy is not a sidekick equivalent.

Zelda is stale though, but it's kinda like pokemon, the people who like it like the way it is, even if it doesnt change much.
>>
File: 1456991113001.gif (22 KB, 1420x1299) Image search: [Google]
1456991113001.gif
22 KB, 1420x1299
>>330361154

That's a good way of describing it. I myself want more open-world and RPG aspects in zelda, but the more I think about it there's no way nintendo could pull it off and core fans would hate it.

I don't like this feel.
>>
>>330361154
>even if it doesnt change much.
I would say in part BECAUSE it doesn't change much. Look at how much, for example, Mass Effect changed between entries. With Zelda and Pokemon, it's "I liked the last one so I'll like this one, too!" It's not a gamble like with so many other series.
>>
>>330361809

At some point it's just pathetic though. If you want the same game, why not just replay it?
>>
>>330360441
How is TWP or WW similar to OOT at all?

Having a series of dungeons means that it's samefagging?

Seems like a lame argument. Besides, the Zeldas that have attempted to deviate from some sort of common system, have been really bad, like Spirit Tracks.
>>
>>330362117
The same reason why I'm happy there are currently 16 Dresden Files books and am waiting for new ones with baited breath despite not wanting to re-read the old ones. It's different enough to stay interesting.
>>
>>330361809
Yep, same reason 2D mario sells better than Galaxy or 3DWorld, it's classic and people can be sure to know how to play it and enjoy it.

This Nintendo franchises in general are kinda like that childhood friend that years after still likes the same old stuff, and you can enjoy that old stuff always, but you can't really talk about other stuff that you like know that you have grown up, since he only cares about the old shit, so there is a less of a bond with him now
>>330361391
Me too, i would love new stuff, but's it an unnecessary risk, the games are for the most part good, why change the formula that isnt broken.

>>330362117
They change enough for the people enjoy it as a different experience.
>>
>>330362313

pop literature is basically the lowest and most pleb their literature out there though. Dresden Files, along with most other young adult books can often be found in bargain bins or alongside comic books at walmart

I don't expect games to be high art but you're basically buying the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>330362636
You might not realize this because you're on /v/, but the VAST majority of people play/read/watch things because they're fun. Not everything has to be 10/10 2deep4u oscar bait.
>>
>>330361391
Why is he licking that sheep
>>
>>330360441
whoever made this image clearly never played any of the games
>the raft and horse are comparable
>>
>>330362313

The difference is that each of those books cost $25 max, but Zelda requires a $350 console. It's hard to justify the initial buy-in if I'm getting basically the same game that I've played for 20 years. If I wanted the same game I wouldn't even bother buying a new console.

Most of the arguements against change revolve around the idea that Zelda is a puzzle game, not an action adventure game. In which case why does Zelda even bother with having a "world" at all, and not just dungeons segregated by a menu like in Triforce Heroes?
>>
>>330362903

again I don't expect games to be high art, but Nintendo has been selling basically the same game over and over again since OOT
>>
>>330362990

he's from wales
>>
>>330360441
>the oot formula
It's the ALttP formula and MM was already different. Aguably WW and definitely SS.

Of course it depends on what you mean by formula.

And that image is terrible.
>>
>>330363464

SS is just OOT sans the field in the middle
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>330360441
>Windwaker sidekick
>not the king of red lions
>>
>>330363597
I can only assume the reason you didn't explain any of your post is because you can't.
>>
>Zelda is secretly a brown skinned ninja

>Zelda THIS TIME is secretly a brown skinned pirate

Aonuma must have spent the next week patting himself on the back for that one.
>>
>>330361391
>I myself want more open-world and RPG aspects in zelda
This is one of those things that while I understand why people want it in Zelda, I'm personally getting sick of them appearing in every other game series I liked and I kind of appreciate Zelda for its relative simplicity and "traditional" design.
Zelda U's focus on a big dumb open map better come with a shitload of interesting environmental density or else I'm probably going to hate it.
>>
>>330365348
"Ninjas V. Pirates" didn't become a thing until RealUltimatePower in like, 2003.
>>
ALttP was the pinnacle of the series as a whole.
>>
You know, except the direct sequel to OOT.
>>
>>330365139

It's fairly self-explanatory. SS is OOT sans the giant field. There's a sky (aka blank space) and three dungeons (forest, volcano, desert) each with their own puzzle gimmick.
>>
>>330366946
Pro tip: if someone asks you to explain something then it isn't self-explanatory.

I didn't realize you meant having dungeons made it the OoT formula. 10/10 post.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.