[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good pnc games you can recommend? I liked the chzo mythos/trilby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: 1-capture_23032010_212222_copy.png (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1-capture_23032010_212222_copy.png
35 KB, 400x300
Any good pnc games you can recommend?

I liked the chzo mythos/trilby games. Are there anything similiar?
>>
>>330357136
I just wanted to go into space
>>
Adventures in the Galaxy of fantabulous wonderment?
>>
>Gemini Rue (this one is in my personal top 10)
>Primordia
>Technobabylon remake

Wadget Eye Games titles are really good in general.

Machinarium was really good too.
>>
>>330357136
>Any good pnc games you can recommend?

Oh, you know. Only 30+ years to choose from.
>>
Blackwell series
All other Wadjet Eye games
Fran Bow
>>
>>330357443
I find it difficult to believe P&C adventures were once a dominant genre on the PC.
>>
Samaritan Paradox
Lost Horizon (also other Animation Arts games)
Slaughter: Act One
Deponia
Gabriel Knight
Still Life
>>
File: ANU_STLL1.001.jpg (114 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ANU_STLL1.001.jpg
114 KB, 800x600
>>330358730
>Still Life

Massively overlooked game. I do wish it had a bigger budget for some segments.
>>
File: discworld-noir.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
discworld-noir.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>330357136
Discworld Noir. In many ways it's what The Wolf Among Us wishes it was half as good as.
>>
Another vote for Gemini Rue.

What are the thoughts on the DOTT remake?
>>
The Longest Journey
Gemini Rue
Resonance
>>
>>330359015
I'd rather play Maniac Mansion remake, but DOTT is fine too.

Also, Grim Fandango
>>
The Quest for Glory series is pretty god damn amazing, in that it combines RPG elements with point & click adventuring, and your saves can transfer between games. I steered far from the third one for some reason, but the fourth one apparently went back on track.
>>
File: 9428-2.jpg (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
9428-2.jpg
98 KB, 640x480
Ace ventura, noone talks about it here
>>
>>330360279
I hated the shit out of this game, but I still hold it dearly in my heart
>>
it hurts
>>
File: arnoldyell.png (573 KB, 731x543) Image search: [Google]
arnoldyell.png
573 KB, 731x543
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Full Throttle
Quest for Glory (VGA 1 and 2; 3 and 4) (read about domovoi bug or you will get fucked) (save often)
King's Quest 6 (you can die and get stuck, save often)
Broken Age
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3
Grim Fandango (not a point and click but it's part of the same genre you seem to be talking about and it's amazing)
The Dig (a bit difficult but it's "Epic Spielberg Sci-Fi Movie Atmosphere: The Game")
Blade Runner (multiple endings!)
>>
>>330360581
Clicking random things in his house was part of my childhood, it was published in my country but I can't find any download in my language anymore. Sadface
>>
>>330357136
The Chzo quadrilogy was a shitfest of plotholes, which was made even funnier considering Yahtzee never fails to nitpick on stuff much less glaring in games that aren't his own, but man was it a ride worthy of your time.
>>
File: catbox.jpg (132 KB, 480x660) Image search: [Google]
catbox.jpg
132 KB, 480x660
You guys are stuck on the classics when there are still great ones getting made. See pic related and its sequel Downfall by the same dev.
>>
Tormentum is fun and short. You can get for like 2 bucks on steam sales.
>>
>>330361151
How did the car get into the back yard?
>>
The Journey Down for you niggas out there yearning for some Grim Fandango-ish atmosphere.

Also, this might be a long shot, but I don't suppose any german anons here remember this children point and click about a mouse from like a decade ago? There we're multiple adventures (like going to the amazonian jungle, going to a farm, etc.) and it would always end with all the characters singing the mouse's theme.
>>
>>330361320
>someone else played this game
holy fuck
>there's a sequel I didn't know about
holy FUCK

To be honest this game was a real rollercoaster of quality. The opening sequence started off strong as fuck but then you get stuff like THE BABY that's cheesy as fuck. The puzzle solving and overall aesthetic really saves it for me, at least.
>>
>>330361354
why the fuck would escape pods need to be prepped?
>>
>>330362408
How can someone who fell down an elevator shaft and broke all the bones in his body fuck a woman later that day?
>>
I remember the yahtzee games

5 days had a really good atmosphere and traditional gameplay

then the sequel had text commands and I just can't stand that shit
>>
File: Yahtzee.jpg (179 KB, 647x1018) Image search: [Google]
Yahtzee.jpg
179 KB, 647x1018
>>
File: 1454789078697.jpg (20 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
1454789078697.jpg
20 KB, 480x451
>>330362553
>Why doesn't Trilby use his grappling hook to just fuck off
>Th-there's a ravine around the house. You just can't see it in game, nor during the intro, nor during the ending.
>Phew, really dodged a bullet adding that line in the special edition of 5DaS!
>Lesson learned, let's not show the ravine in Trilby's Note's flashback.
>And let's not show it either in 6DaS.
>>
>>330362757
There were four games altogether, the third has the text parser.
I'm guessing you didn't play 7 or 6 days, they have the same interface as the first game.
>>
>>330363362
I mean sure, it's fun to pick and grumble, but the game's actually are unnerving in a good way. They don't rely on jump scares for the most part so I can forgive plot holes and shit like that.
I enjoyed the games at any rate.
>>
>>330362958
>Encounter pursuer
>Evade, exit the room
>Straight corridor ahead, no hiding spot
>Run to the exit
>At the last moment, pursuer appears from the exit door, having apparently teleported from the room behind me to the room above me.
>Insta kill
Gee I sure wonder what bugged those fickle gits.
>>
>>330358946
I still have on that disc. Next to impossible to get it to run on Windows 7, such a shame too as it's a great game.
>>
>>330363753
If I remembered right he 'fixed' this in the special edition by adding a warning system that let you know when he was about to appear.
Also I don't remember the death penalty being that severe to begin with, though it was quite frustrating.
>>
>>330361320
Cat Lady is fucking shit though. It's "puzzles" are really easy and the way it handles it's themes are hilarious. It's how normies would interpret mental illness. Also the voice acting is fucking ludicrously bad.
>>
>>330363565
As I put it (>>330361151), I love the game, but Yahtzee cannot write 10 lines without needing to retcon shit in the next installment.

Objectively, Trilby is fucking terrible at his "job" and the scifi bits of 7DaS are below the level you'd expect from the magic school bus.
It does make for great replayablity, hunting all the little easter fuck-up eggs.
>>
>>330363914
sounds like you've got a case of the shit taste to me anon.
>>
>>330361346
Tormentum is a game that had so much potential. Great setting, some good music, interesting story... which they then utterly fuck up with LOL IT WAS PURGATORY ALL ALONG.
>>
>>330364126
Even if The Tall Man was really petty and inconsistent, I fucking loved those flashbacks and slowly unraveling the origin of that wooden idol.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.