[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the endgame like? Fun playing several times?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: header[1].jpg (158 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
158 KB, 460x215
>>
this game doesn't really have endgame.
>>
Question. Does the Wendigo's Mark ability from the Wendigo constellation appear on the buff bar when it goes off? Just got it and no matter what ability I tie it to I can't figure out if it's activating or not. Either it's bugged or healing me for so little I'm not noticing.
>>
You start a new character with a different build.
It should take at the very least 50-60 hours to reach the very end game the first time.
Or you just play in Hardcore so you can never reach it until you figure out how the game will rape you.
>>
>>330332316
Never tried it but I'm pretty sure that's it's a poor man Tip the Scales (Scales of Ulcama constellation) so it applies the debuff to your enemy. Not sure how the damage to health conversion works exactly though.
>>
Apparently they have a survival wave mode in the works.
>>
Depends on how much you like the classes. I've mostly tried everything and just want mod tools at this point to make demolitionist not shit.
>>
>>330333785
>demolitionist not shit

Did something happen since I last played? Explosives demo was easy mode and fun at the same time.
>>
>>330335785
It's still true, demo is pretty fun but I think the Mortar is underwhelming and so are the very end passives, espacially Ulzuin's Chosen.
All the other classes have really cool end skills/auras, demo doesn't.
>>
>>330336731

Mortar is pretty meh but Canister Bomb and Grenado are great. Those were the explosive skills I'm talking about.
>>
>>330331191
There is no endgame, you just try a new build.

Which is good considering that "endgame" in any form is borderline autisitc.
>>
File: 1454951868985.jpg (8 KB, 230x221) Image search: [Google]
1454951868985.jpg
8 KB, 230x221
>>330336893
Okay, that was a badly formed question on my part. Let me try again:

What kind of high-level content is there? How many dungeons? Are they randomly generated or always the same? How difficult is that content?

My main concern is the replayability or more plainly, how quickly this game might get repetitive. Different classes and builds are great, the skill system looks fantastic, but if the levels and enemies remain static that might get tedious really quickly.
>>
>>330335785
Canister Bomb was always one of the top tier skills, now it has a guaranteed 2-4 seconds AoE stun at the cost of reduced damage, which doesn't matter since stun makes it so the enemies take damage from all the explosions so it actually still deals around the same amount of damage.

Seraing strike now gives more damage and 25% crit damage on melee and 2h ranged, pretty damn good.

Flame Touched/Temper gives a lot of OA and 100% bonus to most damage types.

Beyond that nothing really changed, Demo is still a mix of mostly underwhelming stuff overall but with some top tier skills.
>>
>>330337138
>What kind of high-level content is there?
Replaying the game on higher difficulties, roguelike dungeons (you either beat the whole thing or die trying) and one particularly hard boss fight that is pretty much unbeatable on higher difficulties.

>How many dungeons?
Considering that everything scales to your level on the highest difficulty setting, a lot of them.

Only 2 roguelike ones though.

>Are they randomly generated or always the same?
Prettty much the same with slight variations like a blocked corridor etc.

>How difficult is that content?
The highest difficulty setting is pretty hard if you don't have a good build.

>My main concern is the replayability or more plainly, how quickly this game might get repetitive.
Well it depends. Everything gets repetitive after a while, especially endgame content. That's why I like that GD goes for trying different builds instead.

> Different classes and builds are great, the skill system looks fantastic, but if the levels and enemies remain static that might get tedious really quickly.
The content stays mostly the same, but you might find some new things, there is a few hidden areas/merchants/quests/dungeons locked behind faction reputations.
>>
>>330337138
Depends on you.
I always start a new build with a good idea of what it's going to be like at higher level so I'm not playing the same game again aimlessly. I'm always happy to watch my character getting stronger with every item upgrade and slowly getting closer to what I had in mind at the start.

Other people will get bored after beating the game once.
>>
Is there NG+? Titan Quest had it.
>>
>>330331191

Congrats OP, you fell for the Grim Dawn meme. :^)
>>
ITT
>people who grew up playing shitty mmos, their first experience with a hack'n'slash being Diablo 3, they've never even played Titan Quest
>aka underage/bans
God I miss the old days
>>
File: Blog_you-shouldnt-have-300x300.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Blog_you-shouldnt-have-300x300.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>330337682
>>330337840

Thanks, anons.
>>
>>330337996
As in, keeping all of your equipment/skills and paying the game from the start on higher difficulty?

Yeah, GD has it as well.
>>
Havent played this genre before. Should i go with Diablo 3 or this?
>>
>>330338067
For the record: speaking as someone who's played TQ a lot for a long time, Grim Dawn is more than a worthy successor. I love this game and I can't wait for dlcs.
>>
>>330338285
Diablo 3 is easier to get into and thus newbie friendlier, Grim Dawn does basically everything better except for the feel and fluidity of combat.
D3 excels with animations, sound and effects. GD excels at everything else, basically.

Apart from that you've got the colorful and dark aesthetics, which comes down to personal preference, really.
>>
File: undead nemesis.webm (3 MB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
undead nemesis.webm
3 MB, 594x334
>>330337996
When you beat the game in Normal/Veteran, you move on to Elite and finally Ultimate.
And when you're completely done, you can stiff grind your reputations and nemeses (bosses that appear when a faction hates you) to finish gearing up your character or the next ones.
>>
>>330338295
>Grim Dawn is more than a worthy successor
no
>>
>>330338523
So it's same as Titan Quest, nice.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.