[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be honest here, zelda and mario games aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 2896225-7274284490-Mario[1].jpg (46 KB, 525x350) Image search: [Google]
2896225-7274284490-Mario[1].jpg
46 KB, 525x350
Let's be honest here, zelda and mario games aren't actually that good, and are the most overrated pieces of junk in video gaming.

Zelda doesn't really have anything going for it apart from each game being the exact same cloned "adventure" game with some sword slashing and horse riding. Everything that makes zelda games remotely enjoyable is present in the Souls series and done to a far better extent for more mature gamers.

As for mario, the most generic a platformer can get. The Spyro, Crash, Ratchet, and Jak and Daxter series were all superior and had more depth than any Mario game.

Yet you see manbabies all the time who still rave about zelda and mario games. Pretty sure its just nostalgiababies who remember the fun they had as toddlers with whatever nintendo console they had and haven't been able to get into the much better games out there since.
>>
You killed yourself with
>mature gamers.

Get honest with yourself and learn to accept other people's opinions because yours is just a dim star in an entire galaxy.
>>
>>330330214
I don't like Zelda games. I like most Mario games.

You're a faggot.
>>
>>330330214
Just stop, OP. Video Games are for casual fun only. There's nothing mature about playing video games.
>>
File: 1457523790990.png (346 KB, 768x1677) Image search: [Google]
1457523790990.png
346 KB, 768x1677
>>330330596
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 409x409
>>330330814
This guy is the
>>
>>330330214
No, they're actually really damn good.
>>
>Spyro, Crash, Ratchet, and Jak and Daxter series
>depth
wew
>>
File: HAWHAW.gif (173 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
HAWHAW.gif
173 KB, 640x360
>>330330214
>The Spyro, Crash, Ratchet, and Jak and Daxter series were all superior and had more depth than any Mario game.
>>
>>330330214
Go back to neogaf
>>
>>330331171
Plebfaggot
>>
File: S3YAL4k.png (792 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
S3YAL4k.png
792 KB, 1680x1050
>actually thinking Mario ganes arent a step above other platformer games

Wew lad you must either hate platformers,be a hipster, or be terminally retarded
>>
>>330331215
>>330331741
he's right though
>>
>>330330214
Go to bed, Caddicarus. Your nostalgia goggles are too damn tight.
>>
>>330331819
try harder
>>
>>330330214
>NSMB are the only Mario platformers
>>
>>330330214
>"My mom bought my a playstation" : The Post
>>
>>330330214
>The Spyro, Crash, Ratchet, and Jak and Daxter series were all superior and had more depth than any Mario game.

sure thing sonygger
>>
>>330330214
I prefer zelda to souls because of the dungeon designs and puzzles. Mario is dogshit though.
>>
>>330332360
I agree about Zelda. Souls is possibly the most overrated thing on /v/ right now. I feel like it's only as popular as it is because it's SO HARDCORE! with that said, I do still like Souls games though.
>>
Let's be honest, you're fucking retarded if you don't see that they are quality games. Mario games are usually polished beyond belief. Whether you like them is irrelevant, but they are quality games
>>
>As for mario, the most generic a platformer can get.

To be entirely fair to Mario its generic because it sets the standard for platformers. It made them what they are. It streamlined them, made them popular, and showed everyone how to do them right. Mario Bros. was like the DOOM of platformers, and Super Mario 64 was one of the first 3D platformers to get it right as well. Mario has had some major breakthroughs in the platformer genre.

I'm not saying it has had anything like that for years now, and I agree that if you picked up any of the newest modern mario games they would be pretty generic, but that's because they are the baseline for the genre, not because they are terrible. That doesn't make them bad though, Super Mario 3D World is actually a very fun game with tons of levels, great music, four player co op, plenty of level variety, collectibles, and polish. It just doesn't have the memorability of say Mario Sunshine it 64 because while its fantastic, its bland.
>>
>>330330214
>is present in the Souls series
zelda has good gameplay

CHECK MATE SOUL FAGS
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>330333405
This

It's kinda like how Half-Life is great but, it set a standard for many games out there so those who play said games where it's noticeable will play Half-Life and will not be wowed by what was at the time some pretty great stuff. Mario is the same, and you hit that point precisely.
>>
>>330330214
>The Spyro, Crash, Ratchet, and Jak and Daxter series were all superior and had more depth than any Mario game

And here we have the common /v/ species: Sonyggerus Maximus
>>
>>330333924

I don't really believe in VR, at least not with the current technology. It looks too expensive and not very fun. But if someone comes along and shows how to do it "right" and makes the "Super Mario Bros 64" to VR games then I really believe it could take off. The technology is there, it just doesn't have any promising looking games right now.

I don't have any good ideas for a game myself, I'm not a game dev. But if someone does, then I'm all for it.
>>
>>330334074
They have better controls than inertiatastic mario
>>
>>330334284
>Crash: run down the same palette-swapped hallways with absolutely no hint of exploration over and over again
>Spyro: play as a poorly-controlling retarded baby dragon who can't even fly properly
>Jak: was actually really good for the first game then went downhill when it started ripping off GTA
>Ratchet: same as Crash except now you mindlessly blow shit up and do little else

Yeah...nah I'm not feeling it.
>>
>>330334284
Mario 64 and Sunshine are acrobatic as fuck and it's super fun to control. Which is why the speed runs look so amazing.
No other game has been able to replicate this.
>>
>>330334526

Hey there buddy I didn't care for Jak either but don't talk shit about Crash and Ratchet and Clank, those games were actually good.
>>
You're right OP. Zelda has barely changed over the years, it's so rehashed and formulaic. With the exception of Zelda II, all the 2d games play the same and all of the 3d games try to recreate OoT's success and fail by adding dumb gimmicks in the process. The series doesn't even have any interesting lore or good storytelling. Right now, it's selling off of nostalgia and fanboys more than it's own merits. The series should die and stay dead imo
>>
>>330334637
Sure, but not on the same level as Super Mario. And this is coming from someone who grew up as a Sony kid.
>>
>>330330214
I disagree with the Mario statement, the Sony platformers are shallow as fuck.

Had you said Banjo, Rayman, and DK I'd have agreed with you. Rare and Ubisoft, but especially Rare, totally outdid Miyamoto.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.