[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You did pick his message. Right /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: Sarif-bustshot.png (389 KB, 804x863) Image search: [Google]
Sarif-bustshot.png
389 KB, 804x863
You did pick his message. Right /v/?
>>
>implying it will matter in the sequel
>>
>>330321663
Which ending is the sequel canon to?
I thought it was Sarif's and haven't looked at the sequel much.
>>
The "endings" of Human Revolution are completely meaningless since A) most people are just going to load the game to right before he presses the ending button, and B) as a prequel, they can't actually give you meaningful, impactful choice, since the events of Deus Ex already happened, and you can't change anything that happens before then.

So you're left with four bland, forgettable voice over narrations. You're given no clue as to what your choice actually entails, no glimpse as to the consequence of which of the four buttons you pressed. Just a montage of stock imagery and Jensen vaguely waxing philosophical over them for every single one.

That's why you never see any discussion about "which ending did you choose?" Because the answer for almost everyone is going to be "all of them."
>>
>>330321701
Isn't the blow up Panchaeaending canon. In the Mankind Divided trailer it shows Jensen floating in the water with explosions and dead bodies.
>>
>>330321842
Is this why a bunch of people call this game shit?
I didnt play the original, so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>330321701
all endings, like with Invisible War
the place got blown up, Adam survived, and both the edited and unedited messages got sent
>>
>>330322123
>I didnt play the original, so I wouldn't know.

You just answered your own question.
>>
>>330322162
So basically, the original actually has choices that matter
>>
>>330322123
>I didnt play the original, so I wouldn't know.
That's exactly why you wouldn't know. People call this game shit because it's worse than a game from sixteen years ago.
>>
>>330322209
Im being neutral about this. Im not trying to defend the game. Im just trying to figure out why people call it shit.
>>
>>330322198
Not really. You get to the end and no matter what you've done or how you've acted, you still get your choice of three endings which don't actually show what happens to the world after you choose them

All Human Revolution did was cut out all the running around Area 51 to push a specific button to having all the buttons in one room
>>
>>330322313
I just explained it.
>>330322491
They at least bother to tell you what each choice means. You blow up the base, and there's "no more infolinks, transmissions of any kind. [They'll] start again... live in villages... etc." Give control to the Illuminati, and you essentially turn the entire planet into one interconnected bureaucracy. Give control to Helios, and the entire planet essentially becomes a Machiavellian dictatorship.

In Human Revolution, you're not even given that much context. It's just stock imagery and vague, ultimately meaningless narration.
>>
>>330322824
Except Darrow, Sarif and Taggart all tell you what they think will happen when you send out their message

Sarif thinks the backlash against anti-augs will drive humanity into a new golden age of transhumanism. Taggart thinks augmentation technology will finally be reigned in and brought safely under Illuminati control. Darrow thinks the truth will turn people away from augmentation technology forever.

Just because it isn't in the ending doesn't mean it's not explained
>>
>>330322123
>Is this why a bunch of people call this game shit?
no, the game is called shit by normies because plays like a very slow paced fps/3rd person shooter with too much downtime between fights, dxfags hate it because it's extremely unbalanced towards stealth (stealh bonuses give so much xp you can buy all augs by half game, levels are designed with stealth in mind first, press x to disable enemy even if you ran up to him instead of having to creep up)

also the game is too much focused on adam and muh augments while in dx1 you mostly spectate the political meltdown of the world with all conspiracy theories real at once and jc is just a tool until the very end where you decide the ending
>>
I tried playing the first one a couple days ago. Controls are really fucking weird. I think "]" is zoom in on the sniper. It just feels too weird for me.

What do?
>>
>>330323334
REBIND
Are you serious?
>>
I sank that bitch immediately.
Fuck everyone on-board.
>>
>>330323198
>stealh bonuses give so much xp you can buy all augs by half game
That's not true at all.
>>
>>330323198
>unbalanced towards stealth
Stealth Lethal, maybe. Because shooting people in the head with the upgraded 10mm Pistol is objectively the quickest and easiest way to play. You still get enough points and Praxis to hack emails if you really want to do that and you don't any of the Shoot Better/Move Quietly augments
>>
>>330323121
But, the difference is that none of that happens. You, as the player, know that none of it happens. What does the future hold for augmentation technology? It goes along like the events of HR never occurred because Deus Ex still happens and people still have augmentations.

It took a shitty sequel for the endings of the original Deus Ex to be mostly invalidated. Human Revolution accomplished that within the span of its own game.
>>
>>330323660
Nope, nonlethal stealth. Since there's always a very convenient path of waist high walls and desks to get from the start of a level to the end of it by just swapping from cover to cover.
>>
>>330323549
>Not true
But it fucking is.
Rest of the game you buy fucking augments that you will never use.
>>
>>330323758
Nope, by the time you're done fagging around behind cover I've shot everyone in the room and left

And then when I come back through that area, I don't have to repeat it all on the way out
>>
>you play as a cyborg
>you have to use guns instead of having your arm turn into one
the only bit that disappointed me tbqh
>>
>>330323947
Where would you keep the bullets
>>
>>330323831
>I've shot everyone in the room and left
And got far less experience for it.
>>
>>330324049
As I just said, it doesn't matter. What do I need to buy? 5 ranks of hacking, 3 ranks of stealth, maybe jump and super lifting if I want to explore

I certainly don't need recoil assist, cloak, extra batteries/recharge or body armour
>>
>>330323760
Fucktard, you're wrong. The game rewards stealth and nonlethal takedowns, but it does not give you enough for "all augs by half game." Stop spouting bullshit.
>>
>>330323198
fortunately combat's massively improved in MD, and the XP is more balanced for the different playstyles.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv8A6RFlc2k

Do you think it'll look as good as the E3 demo?

Knowing E3 demos probably not, but I'm still hype.
>>
>>330324590
we don't exactly know about either of those things, do we
it is nice to know that they're aware of and working on some of their first game's problems, of course
I still wish they had switched to an objective based XP system, though
>>
>>330323198
>unbalanced towards stealth
yeah no m8 I did the no alarm + no kill achievements and this is not true at all.

maybe if you played on the easiest difficulty? I wouldn't know
>>
>>330324759
No, I remember in some preview footage that was shown it seemed like they had balanced it better.
>>
>>330321663
I never felt like end ending choices should matter for sequels

They should be about you, what choice you make and why, not some canon world to continue your personal story like Witcher or Mass Effect.
Maybe witchers a bad example because one game to the next choices mean almost nothing and dont even pretend otherwise but still
>>
>>330323198

>Unbalanced towards stealth

XP unbalanced, you get way more credits and items playing lethally
>>
File: 1354164054258.jpg (90 KB, 381x400) Image search: [Google]
1354164054258.jpg
90 KB, 381x400
>>330321630
GET OUT OF MY HEAD DAVID
>>
>>330325618

ADAAAAAAAM SON
>>
>>330325079
>They should be about you

You are not the protagonist, they guy you control is.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.