[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Japan audio only. No text. Every. Fucking. Time. Fuck you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.jpg (13 KB, 305x116) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
13 KB, 305x116
>Japan audio only. No text.

Every. Fucking. Time.
Fuck you steam or whoever is responsible for this.
Why fucking REMOVE japanese text from a japanese game.
>>
Buy the japanese version then you dolt.
>>
Why the fuck would you even want it
>>
Because it's not Japanese version.
>>
>>330320938
So japanese xenophobic bastards take a taste of their own medicine.
>>
>>330321001
Japanese versions are console only.
>>
>>330321080
Buy the console version then, idiot.
>>
>>330321109
but i wanna mod my shit/ get better graphics and fps
>>
>>330321139
Then decide which you want more, that or english text.
>>
>>330321139
Tough shit, you're not getting both.
>>
>>330321139
then mod the Japanese text back in
>>
>>330321248
But then I wouldn't be able to make threads where I whine about stupid shit like a faggot.
>>
>>330321212
>>330321215
I NEED BOTH

BOTH
>>
>>330321347
Mod the text back in.
>>
>>330321405
>implying i know how to
>>
>>330321924
Then get off your ass and learn
>>
>>330322090
>implying u can rip jap text off vita games
>>
>>330322143
Anything is possible. The question is whether you have the prowess to do it or not.
>>
>>330322143

If you don't want to do it, then don't fucking complain about not having it.
>>
waaaaaaaaaah weaboo waaaaaaah
>>
>>330320938
I'll hazard a guess: when the nips make the game they just rely on whatever functions their graphic library of choice offers them to write text to screen, and these libraries use the OS as a base.
When the game gets ported to non-moonrunic kingdoms this could cause problems because our OS can't be guaranteed to support them natively, so instead of writing independent functions to handle the special font rendering they just decide to strip the language entirely, since the percentage of users who would use it is considerable irrelevant anyway.
However this doesn't explain why often Jap games ported to the west display text in fullwidth fonts: that would specifically indicate that they're using the Japanese fonts instead of our normal ones.
>>
>>330322143
>implying u can rip jap text off vita games

you literally can. go look at TL blogs
>>
>>330322741
delete this
>>
File: 761.png (95 KB, 231x240) Image search: [Google]
761.png
95 KB, 231x240
>>330322851
W-why? I spent time writing it.
>>
>>330320938
kind of kills the purpose of learning yup, only audio is not enough
games are pretty good for this kind of thing - you are more immersed into what is going on
got half of my english vocabulary through games, a lot of my teacher didn't know half of the words i did
>>
>>330322741
it's not 2001 anymore when you had to install additional fonts, it shouldn't matter for any kind of OS now
>>
>>330323123
I still get font encoding problems sometimes when downloading files with non-standard fonts. Also if you want to run games in Japanese you have to jump through hoops with format or locale, sometimes both, to get them running. We're not at the levels that we were in the Win4 days, but it's still a far from smooth transition.
Just last year I was having massive problems with a program I had made while running in Japanese locale, because a string contained a Yen symbol which is their backslash, so in some cases I had to escape it, in others I hadn't, and it was an absolute mess.
Keep in mind that in Japan they're still using Shift-JIS, despite the fact that UTF-8 supports all CJK characters.
>>
>>330320938
I imagine it's down to two things.

Japanese devs are notoriously lazy about getting shit ready for localisation and take dev shortcuts, so localisers are forced to rip out the Japanese text from the code and wholesale replace it with English rather than preparing it for localisation. Same reason so many PC ports are utter shit - Japanese dev practices simply aren't good.

Japanese devs fear gray imports because they fear it will prevent them from charging high prices in Nipland. Game prices are way higher in Japan than the west.
>>
Fucking weebs it's not like you can read moonrunes or anything so why the fuck do you want it? Don't tell me you can just because you know how to say konichiwa in Japanese and uses Japanese phrases in real life, because that's fucking pathetic and you should probably end your virgin ass. "Wah wah wah I won't have my complete Japanese experience", well deal with it you weeaboo trash, not everything is revolved around your delusional perception and obssession of Japan and the Japs will probably still think that you're a filthy fat hairy gaijin no matter how much you love their culture and their cartoon girls. Fuck me you bunch of trash fucks should take your sticky shitstained ass off your computer chair and start doing something useful in your life instead of complaining about some fucking moonrunes text not included in your English translated game.
>>
>>330320938
I always wonder why Japanese games that are brought overseas never feature the original language/text option. You get the rare games that get the English/French/German/Japanese text, though
>>
File: 763.jpg (47 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
763.jpg
47 KB, 580x580
>>330324524
>>
File: 1453791509416.jpg (50 KB, 273x272) Image search: [Google]
1453791509416.jpg
50 KB, 273x272
>>330324524
but i read moon
>>
>>330324253
Or game become unreadable in computer doesnt have Japanese font / set Japanese locate.
>>
>>330322810
>implying I would even have the fucking vita game to rip it off from

Might as well play it on the Vita you stupid fucking american.
>>
It is the frustrating situation.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.