[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
Do people still play this game on their PSP/Vita or has everyone moved to 3U, 4 and X on 3DS?
>>
MH is one of those games which only get better with every new instalment. There is no reason to play the old games. Especially since people who already played them, have probably finished everything they could, before moving on.
Also, there's already an MH thread.
>>
I'm still playing FU.
I'm waiting for the newest MH to be on a system that isn't the 3ds.
I'm prepared to wait a while.
>>
>>330311472
>MH is one of those games which only get better with every new instalment.
4U and X are worse than gen 3.
>>
>>330311851
X, maybe, but 4U is objectively the best MH game to date.
>>
>>330313979
Not even. The levels sucks, ledges suck, mounting sucks and these shitty things pervade every part of the game. At least swimming in gen 3 was not in most missions. Gen 3 is the best.
>>
>>330311472
>>330314104
I think 4U looked kinda shitty desu.

3U is great, and Portable 3rd HD is great as well, FU is still good because it has a lot of monsters in it that aren't in others.
>>
>>330314278
4U is crap. The aesthetic did start to minorly take some bad Digimon like turns in gen 3 with Zinogre but in gen 4 they went full retard with shitty gimmicks that're actively trying to ruin the game and stupid looking boss designs.
>>
>>330314460
>he bought a vita
>>
>>330314104
>levels suck
Wrong
>ledges suck
Git gud
>mounting sucks
Don't use it
>>
>>330314620
It ruffles my feathers that this is the go to response whenever someone doesn't have something good to say about 4U.
>>
>>330314753
Not him, but
>Don't use it
Aw shit, I accidentally swung while falling down a tiny foothold. Now I have to play the mounting game.
I'm dead serious, I've had this shit happen more than once.
>>
>>330310884
I'm replaying it it since I sucked at it the first time around (clownsuit sets, didn't eat, never used armorskin and demondrug, had no idea how decorations worked, etc.). It's pretty cool.

Goddamn, it sure is nice to have monsters cut me some slack every now and then instead of spazzing out because their AI is programmed like shit (4U). Hell, even 3U is better, despite lacking quite a bit of the improvements from 4U.
>>
>>330310884
How well does Freedom Unite hold up against 4U? 4U was my first MH game but being on ds did seem to hurt it. Would playing through singleplayer (assuming little to no online activity now) be enjoyable?
>>
>>330315546
dunno but im buying a vita to play frontier G for free up to hr100 gameplay and the no vpn set up unlike its PC counterpart
>>
File: Screenshot0020_mh.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot0020_mh.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Why aren't YOU playing MHO?
>>
>>330315546

depends

if you can handle it being much harder then yes
just be prepared to cart much more often
>>
>>330314753
Anyone who thinks the levels don't suck cannot be reasoned with.
>>
>>330315546
Awfully inaccurate hitboxes, you have to manually select pickaxe to mine, mine spots are barely visible cracks in the wall, super-aggressive small monsters that charge at you the moment you load into the zone, have to manually gather everything on the farm, including finishing, convoluted weapon upgrade system, where LS/GS, SnS/DB, Lance/GL, Hammer/HH share upgrade trees, HH has to go into recital mode to play songs, every monster moves like an animatronic.
>>
>>330315893
I saw there was a ghetto English patch, is it hard to get started like MHF like having to fuck around with VPNs every time you want to play?
>>
>>330315757
Is that any good?

>>330316026
>>330315903
Guess not, thanks guys.
>>
>>330315893
I'm not a chink
>>
>>330315893
Because I don't have shit taste and I'm not autistic, my autistic friend put like 300 hours into the game and he still plays it day in and day out. He is a huge MH fan and knows everything about the game, I asked him how you put so much time into it and he was like "Oh getting to G rank and the missions plus crafting gear and what not gives you lots to do" I remember he let me make a file and I played it for a few hours and got bored, he said it's more fun if you play with people.

I guess that's why I thought it was shit, I hate games that force the whole "Oh dude it's more fun to play in a group, we won't make it fun to play alone though" yeah I don't care for games that rely on "group play" to make it fun, my friend said the fun factor is 10x higher if you play with people but you would need to find 3 other people that you know, in your location to get a full hunting party.

Fuck games like that, if it had an online function it'd be easier since you could just queue up with people, but actually finding 3 other people physically? Yeah, no.
>>
>>330316127
as i said im buying not brought so i dont know yet, its free as i said untill hr100 so ill try it for a bit, if its shit i got FU at least
>>
>>330316430
i wish i had 3 friends to play with in real life
>>
>>330316127
Wow what a pussy, needing other people to make decisions for him.
>>
>>330316430
Uhhh what? You can just queue up with chinks you know.

>>330316074
No VPN required. Any IP address is fine. There's an machine translation English patch right now but I played before any of that and figured out it well enough.
>>
>>330310884
>Do people still play this game on their PSP/Vita
Neither. Play it the way god intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YKohDY660k
>>
>>330317484
Suppose I'll give it a try then, any specific region I should download from/place to group up in?
>>
>>330310884
Fuck, I put almost quadruple digit hours into this game.

No game after it has really gotten me as much. 4U was lucky to hit 100. Tri was dropped within the first 20-30 iirc.
>>
>>330317693
I hate to say this, but I think your best chance at playing with English people is through the LE REDDIT. /mhg/ doesn't really have a community for it. I don't know what server they play on because I picked my server without thinking and there's basically no English speaking people on whatever the fuck server I'm on, except for like my 2 other friends who started playing with me.
>>
>>330317776
Forgot to add: So many good memories made w/ people on IRC and Xlink.
>>
>>330315965
what's wrong with level? I'm getting 4U recently
>>
>>330315109
You can dismount with a simple button press. It resets you and the monster back to neutral.
>>
>>330317998

Nothing, really. Levels are pretty good, actually. I kinda miss swimming even though it was klunky, but all of the new monsters are fantastic.
>>
>>330317998
Most of the maps are way too narrow and as a result you get bosses sliding against walls and clipping into geometries hiding parts of their body, intermixed with ledges that're an annoyance most of the time. The guy saying "nothing really" is probably some faggot ranger or something.
>>
>>330310884
>psp
but the best version is on the iphone, anon
>>
>>330315893
I created a character and tried it for a bit.
But everyone says it's even MORE grindy than the mainline ones. What the fuck m8, I don't have any time for this, like, at all. I'd rather return to some other MMO and just play mainline or do something with my backlog.
>>
>>330318479
I've heard whoever was in charge of the ios version servers fucked up big time, and now multiplayer is broken.
>>
>>330318523
The game has a fatigue system in accordance with Asian laws so you can't power grind even if you wanted to.
>>
>>330310884
FU is really fucking awful compared to 3DS games
>>
>>330317690
>emulate FU
Why not just emulate Tri on Dolphin or Portable 3rd HD.
>>
>>330318957
how do i do that? everytime i open up 3rd on the pc it crashes
>>
>>330319030
It was pretty straightforward. Download the rom with english translation. Load and play.
>>
>>330318957
I emulate both, famtachi.

FU is better than 3rd tho.

>>330319030
You can only emulate the HD ver. on PPSSPP.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.