[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>my ps3 isn't backwards compatible >ps2 looks shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
>my ps3 isn't backwards compatible
>ps2 looks shitty as fuck on an HDTV
>PCSX2 doesn't work well enough

How am I even supposed to play a PS2 game?
>>
Buy an old tv
>>
Walk down the shitty area of town and swipe on of the CRTs sitting on someone's porch.
>>
>>330304917
>PCSX2 doesn't work well enough
Was this recently?
>>
Play it on your HDTV, fuckwad.
>>
CRT tv or upgrade pc
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 800x1044) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 800x1044
Get component cables. PS2 games look fine on my hdtv.
>>
>>330305227
Does PCSX2 even work great on amazing machines? I heard it suffers weird glitches and texture problems.
>>
>>330305282
This.

I have component cables for my PS2 and OG Xbox. They both look really good.
>>
>>330304917
Honestly a ps2 on a HDTV doesn't look that bad. I thought I may end up throwing up but it's not that bad compared to ps1 on a HDTV.
>>
>>330304917
I bet you didn't even try component cables you pleb.
>>
>>330304917
PCSX2 works pretty well. Even on my toaster it's been able to emulate this game I'm playing.
>>
>>330305372
Exactly this
I used component cables for my gamecube and ps2 and they look good
>>
>>330304917
>pcsx2 doesn't work well enough
bullshit, you can run pcsx2 on a toaster with default settings
>>
>>330305336
It sometimes does regardless of your machine, but that's more just because the console is exceedingly difficult to emulate in the first place and not everything works right when the system emulating it has completely different architecture. Most of this can be fixed by changing some VU settings and such, which you can usually find on the PCSX2's wiki pages for individual games: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page

PCSX2's efficiency and functionality has improved leaps and bounds in the last couple years and works great even with low-end machines
>>
Buy a CRT; if you're going to actually play 6th and 7th Gen games, you're literally going to have to be a "retro gamer" and buy the relevant tech.

It's going to be fucking hilarious seeing 7th gen games never have a decent emulation scene and watch people be salty about having to actually engage with reseller scum
>>
File: furious_angry_rage.png (50 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
furious_angry_rage.png
50 KB, 800x800
>>330305870
yeah, like that'll ever happen
the ps3 emulator'll be stable in six months
>>
>>330305210
could mean their pc
>>
use component cables idiot
>>
>>330306054
My point still stands. Unless you have a Pentium III, you shouldn't have much problem
>>
>>330305961
It will require spyware: the OS to run at any acceptable framerate.
>>
Use component or s video cable. Even at 480i, they make it look much better than composite.

Turn down sharpness.
>>
>>330306535
>using lincucks
I was wondering why your opinion seemed irrelevant
>>
>>330305704
>works great even with low-end machines

Seriously, this.

I have a shitty as fuck laptop, and surprisingly I'm able to run ps2 games at full speed. Some slowdowns here and there, but nothing game breaking.

The guys working on pcsx2 have been doing a great job. If I tried to emulate Gamecube or Wii, the shit is completely broken. Even with multiplats.

Right now I'm playing through Okami for like the 9th time already, and I've tried both Wii and ps2 versions, and pcsx2 works great. While Wii is half speed.
No hate on dolphin though.

Thanks for reading my blog post everyone.
>>
>>330307067
Enjoy the telemetry of your sick masturbation habits being broadcast to Microsoft.
>>
>>330307459
I will, all while playing games on my PS3 emulator
>>
>>330307459
Yeah because they have enough time to check every user of windows in the planet manually
A bot watching my masturbatory habits is the less of my worries. You can worry if you watch CP though, and even then getting caught while not distributing is a fucking stretch.
>>
>>330306209
Almost every game I try to emulate has at least one glitch it it.

It's bullshit when they tell you "oh PCSX2 is flawless!" fucking dolphin/wii games run miles better.
>>
>>330304917
What i have to do in order to make my PS2 be able to play burned PS1 games?
>>
>>330309732
Game Shark. Same as getting it to play Japanese games.
>>
>>330305607
precisely this. Component cables are really cheap and make PS2 games beautifully crisp on an HDTV.
>>
File: Buff Basement Wizard.png (268 KB, 480x560) Image search: [Google]
Buff Basement Wizard.png
268 KB, 480x560
>>330305870
about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9bLtBSdsHc

>MFW pc soon gets yakuza
>>
>>330310043
>>330305282
>>330305372
For everybody saying component cables, anybody have a link to which ones I should buy?
>>
>>330310048
Well, I'll be.
Now, which PS3 game is good enough for me to emu that I can't just steal from Steam?
>>
>>330304917
the PS2 doesn't look that bad on an HDTV with component cables
>>
>>330304917
You can softmod your ps2 and that will allow you to run a software that can force 720p with component cables.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov2kttNrhtw

granted it's only upscaled, but it does make some games look better on a hdtv.

Personally i just play it at 480i on a component crt.
>>
>>330309732
Doesnt the PS2 only can run burned PS1 games trough emulation?
Only natively trough a USB?
>>
>>330305282
I used component cables to play FF12 on my HDTV and it looked _marginally_ better. Still wouldn't want to play the whole game staring at eye-searing jaggies.
>>
File: kajita.png (52 KB, 354x283) Image search: [Google]
kajita.png
52 KB, 354x283
>>330305372
>xbox component cables
>playing incredible hulk ultimate destruction and the warriors in 720p
>>
>have ps3 slim
>slim ps2 rarely read discs anymore
I believe the spinner or whatever it is called isn't rotating the discs fast enough because they barely spin when I open the lid. Is my ps2 dead or is there a quick fix for this?
>>
>>330308986
most people who use emulators have low standards when it comes to glitches.
>>
>>330305282
I should say, component helps a tiny bit. But overall not that much. One has to remember the amount of PS2 games that even support 480p could be counted on 2 hands.

The Xbox and GC on the other hand support nearly every game, including widescreen on many.

OP either get an old TV, or do what I do and fidget with settings. Sometimes the contrast, or other settings can completely fuck up the picture. Just mess with it for a while.
>>
File: steveospongebob.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
steveospongebob.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>330309732
There's no real way to play ps1 games straight from a burnt disc without a modchip.

You only have three options, All of them require a legit ps1 game and opening the case so you swap discs if you have a phat (the slims just require leaving the tray open and blocking the sensor.)

1.put a legit ps1 game in the ps2 and go to the browser. it will show the CD logo. All you need to do is swap the still moving ps1 game with your backup. hit the cd logo and it should work. You do not need to mod the console to do this, but it is the shittiest way.

2.softmod your ps2 and launch a program called PSXLAUNCHER.ELF. It basically does what method 1 does, you put the ps1 game in after you launch it and it will spin, read the disc, and then stop spinning. you can then swap the disc with the burnt one and hit X. this is how most people play burnt ps1 games on the ps2. Nicer method than 1 cause it stops the disc.

3.a lot of PS1 gameshark discs can be used to boot burnt games(the later ones don't work since they found out people were just buying the things to play free games). It works with both ps1/ps2. You simply put the disc in, load the gameshark menu, and then swap the gameshark disc with the burnt one and start the game with/without codes. Pretty simple
>>
>>330311383
>One has to remember the amount of PS2 games that even support 480p could be counted on 2 hands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_HD_support
and some games have ps2rd codes for 480p
>>
>>330310192
Any should work as long as they have the five inputs for the tv.
>>
>>330312379
i wouldn't recommend getting some cheap shitty 3 dollar ones from china, though. they look a bit worse (although even the worst component cables are miles ahead of composite)
>>
File: 1393298279888.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1393298279888.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>mfw I have a widescreen CRT
Even 480i games look good on it, fucking god tier for Wii too.
>>
>>330312379
THE PS2 USES THE SAME AV PORT AS THE PS3 YOU CAN BUY THEM OFF FUCKING AMAZON YOU RETARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>330312618
I agree with you there. I got lucky and was able to get the official one for $5 when stores were clearing them out of their inventory. Wishing I had grabbed the two others they had at the time, just in case mine decides to die on me.
>>
>>330312676
explain, PVM?
>>
is there a list of 240p PS2 games?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.