[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This worth picking up for $20?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 51mQGihyQzL.jpg (60 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
51mQGihyQzL.jpg
60 KB, 356x500
This worth picking up for $20?
>>
>>330304897
No, it's the worst mainline AC
>>
>>330304961
Looks pretty comfy to me desu.
At least it's a home console game.
>>
File: Capture.png (43 KB, 727x278) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43 KB, 727x278
Is this worth picking up for 20 dollars?
>>
>>330305078
are old mario games worth $20 to you?
>>
>>330304897
Wild World is better. But yeah 20 bucks isnt bad. I paid 50 for it when it came out.
>>
The online is disabled, but it is still fun. GF and I play it on saturday mornings, its pretty comfy.
>>
>>330304897
No. Enjoy your grass deterioration just from walking.
>>
>>330305450
I thought it was pretty neat that they let you make your own trails. Don't understand the butthurt.
>>
>>330304961
>it's the worst mainline AC
let me guess, you think AC for the gamecube is the best in the series?
>>
File: autism.png (644 KB, 529x485) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
644 KB, 529x485
>>330305746
No. AC for the N64 is the best.

pic not related
>>
>>330305720
Because it would be cool if it actually worked that way. It doesn't. It makes your entire town a desolate wasteland. It doesn't actually make trails.

>>330305746
Not him, and whether or not AC is the best, CF is the worst by far. No doubt about it.
>>
>>330304961
That goes for Wild World.

OP the only reason I still love City Folk is nostalgia, I just can't take these glasses, it's OK for 20 bucks.

New Leaf or GC Crossing are objectively better.
>>
>>330305835
>That town generation

FUCK. That looks comfy as fuck.
>>
>>330305860
>nostalgia
>for a Wii game
I don't think you're old enough to browse here, kiddo. Run along outside and play.
>>
The best deals in this Selects run are Dong Freeze and Pikmin 3.

Just mod a Wii to get Wii games.
>>
>>330305860
>WW worse than CF
I don't even understand anyone could possibly believe this. Only con of WW was that it removed holiday and replaced them with shit. Everyone else was stellar. CF is literally a WW rehash with holidays, minus the portability, and plus objectively inferior dialogue. If you haven't played either, then maybe CF might be better (minus the dialogue), but if you played them as they came out, CF was beyond a slap in the face.
>>
>>330304897
Didn't like how not playing for a few days gave you bedhead and you'd have to go all the way to the city and pay 5,000 bells to get it fixed.
>>
>>330306142
Although I agree, I don't understand how the fuck Skyward Sword isn't one of the first reprints coming. That's been out of print for years already, not to mention it's a first party Zelda game.
>>
Are the animals essential to Animal Crossing?

Would a game in the same vein be as appealing if the characters were cute but human?
>>
>>330306283
Maybe they are planning an HD remaster.
>>
>>330306598
How they'd do that is an interesting question. It'd be awkward to try and get all the sword positions on the gamepad.
>>
>>330306598
SS legitimately needed a remaster/port more than TP. SS emulated at a higher resolution looks pretty fucking beautiful.
>>
>>330304897

Its the least comfy AC due to required motion controls. Dropped the game after two weeks.
>>
>>330307237
>required motion controls
I thought you didn't need to use motion controls as long as you had a nunchuk?
>>
>>330307337

Memory's a bit hazy (last time I played this game was launch mind you), but I know for sure the pointer is used for menus and you can't use a normal controller, which is fucking retarded because it's fucking Animal Crossing.

I'm sure you shake the controller to fish and dig and there's no alternative, nunchuck or otherwise.
>>
>>330307582
My memory's super hazy too, and I don't know about fishing and shit, but menus I'm sure were like anything else on the Wii. You could either point or use the Dpad, in which case no motion required.
>>
>>330306598

Not until 2021 if it follows WW's and TP's path of having an HD remaster 10 years after release.
>>
>>330307582
The menu part is correct, but tool use is all possible with an a-button press. The only time you're required to swing the remote is for throwing axes in the fountain.
>>
>>330306142

OoT 3D for $20 is pretty nice too.

Dong Freeze, Pikin 3 and OoT3D are the best ones.
>>
>>330304897
>Select Animal Crossing: Wild World for Nintendo DS
>Copy Animal Crossing: Wild World for Nintendo DS
>Paste Animal Crossing: Wild World for Nintendo DS on Wii
>Increase graphical quality by 12%
>Select title Animal Crossing: Wild World
>Change title to Animal Crossing: City Folk
>Insert small boring city with little to do

Done
>>
>>330304897

people like to hate on CF for some reason I don't really understand

its essentially just like Wild World which everybody loves but with just a few differences namely the city

the city is just a place where you can go to access extra stuff like the hair stylist

the city was basically the precursor to the main street in New Leaf which is now where they just put everything instead of having some things in town and some things in the city
>>
>>330307884

This 100%, don't forget:

>most special day characters from WW just live in the city, making the game infinitely less interesting to visit
>the same stale soundtrack from WW
>debuted with Wii Speak, which lets you talk to other people with buyer's remorse and hear their family saying shit in the background
>the game's only redeeming feature is no word filter for text chat

>>330307925
City Folk being like Wild World is precisely why its shit. Wild World was a DS game, and one many people played to death prior to City Folk's release. The city was hyped up but it was small as shit and you see everything there is to see on your first visit.
>>
It's ok and I enjoyed it. If you like AC then get it, it's only 20 bucks for a decently sized game. If you have ACNL then maybe don't.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.