[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
absolute fact thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: solid snake v big boss.png (198 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
solid snake v big boss.png
198 KB, 500x313
Solid Snake is a better character in better stories with a better supporting cast
>>
>>330292332
I like Big Boss, but I don't think he made for a very good protagonist. I liked him a lot more as a villain.
>>
>>330292556
Everything stopped being good after 2
>>
Nope. SS was only good in MGS1.

>>330292609
>everything got actually GOOD once again after 2
FTFY
>>
>>330293751
>Nope. SS was only good in MGS1
Old Snake alone is better than Big Boss ever gets
>>
>>330292332
I actually agree. I don't understand why kojima prefers big boss so much.
>>
Cant be more wrong

Solid Snake
>Supporting cast
>green meryl
>pussy bitch hal

>story
>is a clone of one of the most badass soldiers to ever grace the earth
>must kill his bro who he doesnt give a fuck about to save the world

Big Boss
>supporting cast
>hot as fuck eva
>classy and dapper zero
>milf boss
>awesome as fuck ocelot

>story
>is the greatest soldier to ever grace the earth america likes him so much they make clones of him
>must kill his mentor whom he loves to save the world
>isnt nearly as autistic as solid
>>
File: big bosstism.png (1 MB, 1194x1359) Image search: [Google]
big bosstism.png
1 MB, 1194x1359
>>330294662
>>
File: 1415835042147.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1415835042147.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>330294831
wait...those all apply.. to me???
>>
Literally
Solid Snake
>Understand The Boss's message
>Doesn't even know her

Big Boss
>Train under the Boss for years
>LOL TIME TO CREATE PMC's TO TAKE DOWN BRITISH MAN BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE HE KEPT ME ALIVE
>AND THEN...

MGSV kinda messed up everything
>>
>>330293751
>>everything got actually GOOD once again after 2
>game that literally retconned the entirety of big boss's story in MGS1 with him being in the congos and his parents getting kidnapped in japanese concentration camps and shit
>game that is literally a fucking movie
>game where you literally set up a PMC, repeatedly grind... and thats it, the only importance to the story is paz and the "peace walker" metal gear
>the only GOOD game in the series where you actually do tactical operations paired with a very dark story
>shitty game where it follows after the previous game with an entirety of cut content and halfassed story that has no importance and DUDE BODY DOUBLES LMAO

Yeah, "actually GOOD once again after 2"
>>
MGS died with Solid Snake on that tanker 2 years ago..
>>
>>330293751
I like 2 a lot more than 3 on account of gameplay alone. 3 and the games after are all pretty unbalanced, even if they excel elsewhere. I prefer the more arcadey gameplay of MG1-MGS2.
>>
>>330294662
Solid Snake is a lot more well-rounded for the most part. He's a loner, but he's a lot more normal otherwise in spite of everything. Big Boss only cared about war.
>>
>>330297064
>game that literally retconned the entirety of big boss's story
I don't see the issue with this. Big Boss's whatever backstory was just tacked on supplementary material stuff. The idea that Big Boss became Big Boss because he killed a Boss and that made him a bigger Boss is amusing, but it was still pretty decent and had a nice ending.
>Ground Zeroes
>the only GOOD game in the series
Yeah okay buddy.
>>
>>330292332

>Supporting cast

Which was ruined after MGS2.

We got fuccboi and wannafuckmysisturrrr and shitty memes.
>>
File: MUH Boss.jpg (67 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
MUH Boss.jpg
67 KB, 960x544
>>330292332
Focusing on Big Boss was a mistake. Should have learned from Anakin in the Star war prequels not fuck with your iconic antagonists.
>>
File: 1452536752105.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1452536752105.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
Also
>Venom > BB
>>
>>330294662
>is the greatest soldier
He did jack shit. He killed The Boss and the Cobras, Venom did everything else.

But if you want to go that route, then Solid would be the best soldier ever considering he bested Big Boss. With an aerosol can at that.
>>
File: xof.jpg (50 KB, 1270x720) Image search: [Google]
xof.jpg
50 KB, 1270x720
From Fox two phantoms were born.
>>
>>330301132
>He did jack shit. He killed The Boss and the Cobras
And everything in Peace Walker. You people are such melodramatic little fucks. Venom also being pretty good doesn't make Big Boss's feats any less impressive.
>>
File: mgs_v__.jpg (124 KB, 600x771) Image search: [Google]
mgs_v__.jpg
124 KB, 600x771
>>330302887
>Venom also being pretty good doesn't make Big Boss's feats any less impressive.

Yes it does. BB got his ass kicked by XOF. Venom kicked XOF's ass.

Also you fagots cannot understand that Venom being BB's phantom means that BB from 1984 laid low. Which means that he didn't do any high profile work. Which means that the Outer Heaven BB founded was a shell organization until Venom's army DD was intergraded.

Venom canonically is the shit.
>>
>>330303531
>BB got his ass kicked by XOF.
It was a surprise attack they couldn't have possibly prepared for, given Huey's dickery. It's not really comparable to Venom's situation.
>BB from 1984 laid low.
Big Boss was commanding FOXHOUND and helping the command of Outer Heaven, ultimately inciting the Outer Heaven Uprising. Venom was the guy Solid Snake actually physically encountered in the Outer Heaven fortress, but Big Boss was ultimately still calling all the shots.
>>
File: George_Lucas_cropped_2009.jpg (143 KB, 604x797) Image search: [Google]
George_Lucas_cropped_2009.jpg
143 KB, 604x797
>>330292332
More like

Kojima with Fukushima filtering out his shit ideas > Kojima and a bunch of yes men

Pic related
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.