[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LA Noire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (611 KB, 848x1049) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
611 KB, 848x1049
How come Rockstar has never made a sequel? It's probably one of the more comfy games released in the past 5 years. If they ever made a sequel, what would you like it to be?
>>
underrated game desu senpai
>>
rockstar didn't make the game.
>>
>>330277745
They still haven't made an RDR sequel either. It's just too easy for them to make money with the GTA cash cow so why would they bother doing anything else?

IF there was a sequel I'd make it prohibition era possibly in Chicago. Second choice would probably be 60s SF or Hawaii.
>>
>>330278203
Yeah I know, Team Bondi did and they folded. I just don't wanna see this property get thrown to the way side so early when it had/has so much potential.
>>
>>330277745
The rumors around the harsh working conditions at Team Bondi really soured the release. Then the game become a rinse and repeat sequence. Story was good but you can tell they just wanted to make the whole game a VICE desk case.

It was a beautiful game but it didn't do as half as well as they thought it was going to do.
>>
>>330277745
>How come Rockstar has never made a sequel?
it didn't make big enough of a profit
>>
>>330278430
team bondi is still around though, blame publishers who are too scared to publish whore of the orient
>>
>>330277745
Probably because the game was a failed experiment. It felt like a point and click adventure sloppily mashed with the blandest third person shooter ever.
>>
File: cole, detective.jpg (152 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
cole, detective.jpg
152 KB, 940x529
>>330277745
You should have been playing as Jack Kelso the entire time.

I know Cole Phelps was supposed to be a flawed hero but at the end of the game he was just really unlikable.

I felt more connection to Jack in one mission than with cole in the entire game. Jack had he flaws like he was a def beta with the dames but he was pure alpha when it comes to in intimidating Micky cohen and leading a group of marines. I dunno, I felt following the story of Cole ended up being a mistake
>>
>>330279225
Well jazzing up the tps combat and driving sections shouldn't be too hard. A little less guessing at truth/doubt/lie and a little more solid clue finding and storyline and it could be a great game. For a first attempt it was already pretty good.
>>
>>330277745
>that soundtrack
>that aesthetic
>that chill as fuck gameplay
This game is amazing to play if you're in the mood for something "comfy"
sequel when?
>>
>>330279523
Yeah he was a bit of a prick

when he died at the end I was like ".....fuck'em"
>>
They need to back a game where you're basically Vic Mackey from the Shield

I did enjoy LA Noire but it was a bit wooden and whilst the face reading dynamic was a great idea it didn't always work perfect in practice and could be frustrating. Still I'd love to see a sequel too as it had a lot of potential. Not enough games were you can be cops/detectives. And the setting/atmosphere was great.
>>
>>330279523

I feel like the character switch would have worked better if the game actually went on longer.

The entire final desk was rushed as fuck.
>>
>>330279636
I like the Noire atmosphere the game gave off but it ended up being tiresome. Also there was little encourment to explore LA. Sure it is fun for 5 min but then I started getting pissed at the cars they had back then because if you hit something it felt you got into a real car accident with the slow recovery time.

I was like shit I'm better off playing gta 4.
>>
Because it costed more then what they got actual profits from.

I don't know much about the games history but if I remember right the team got shut down and some of the people who worked on the game didn't even get credited.
>>
File: 1456497365887.gif (2 MB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
1456497365887.gif
2 MB, 320x384
>>330280310
Yeah they tried to cram a lot in at the end.

You went from busting murders, fighting gangsters, busting dope heads.........and now the arson desk....whoopie.

That's like blowing your load but still trying to go for two orgasms in a row but just failing and it just leaves your dick hurting
>>
>>330279523
This

Phelps was interesting but like you said I had no sympathy for him
>>
File: agatha.jpg (47 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
agatha.jpg
47 KB, 400x500
Because Rockstar games has no idea how to handle a detective, the entire bad cop routine was boring as hell, and felt like some 80s cop show drama. Being on the case is supposed to be serious, this entire game I could jack peoples cars, just because "Hurr i'm a detective?" Yeah no, I live in LA, that didnt happen here in the 40s.

Pic related, Play this or read a fucking book if you want GOOD detective stories.
>>
>>330278212
They still haven't made an RDR sequel either

Red dead redemption exists anon.
>>
>>330278212
You would THINK hugely successful teams like this would use the money from their cashcow to fund more niche/experimental games/passion projects, and maybe find the Next Big Thing

But I suppose profits are more important.
>>
>>330281579
With how much they're milking shitty GTAO then I'd say they value profits a bunch, not to mention the shady Steam deals
>>
>>330281562
Read Dead Redemption Redemption exists?
Why have I not heard of this?
>>
>>330280340
>if you hit something it felt you got into a real car accident with the slow recovery time.
Then don't hit anything
>>
The budget was too big for the resulting sales.

The face capture, while incredibly impressive, was ruined by actors having to over act their expressions when lying/being suspicious.

The open world element was absolutely pointless as there was no incentive to wander around the city rather than letting your partner drive to the next location. Especially when you then had to drive carefully to avoid having your rank at the end of the mission docked for scraping another car.

It was never going to be a AAA hit. The gameplay style is far too niche for it.

Keeping the map smaller, removing gameplay elements that appear to pander to the GTA crowd while punishing you for treating it as a GTA, and either having the actors be subtle or simplifying the facial capture would all help to make the game a lot better at a smaller budget.
>>
>>330281390
The most jarring thing for me was that Cole wasn't really set up to be a bad cop type of guy. He was this honorable guy, apparently, who wanted to do right and then you'd choose one option and he'd suddenly become the biggest asshole in the game.

It was so fucking weird.
>>
>>330281743
He's being a smartass, pointing out that Red Dead Redemption is a sequel to Red Dead Revolver.
>>
File: 1456450232364.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1456450232364.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>330277745
>Tfw people think Red Dead Redemption was a brand new IP

Fuck
>>
Game could have been actually good if Cole and Kelso weren't the two shittiest characters. Every partner was much more interesting.
>>
>>330281831
They should've done something like Sam and Max where in interrogations you control two characters in dialogue, one good cop and one bad cop.
>>
Rockstar have said before they're willing to make another LA Noire game, but this time it'll be developed by them.

It's coming, right after we get Bully 2 and hopefully, a new Manhunt.
>>
>>330282175
Considering most of your partners are assholes? That would have been perfect.
>>
>>330279523
Kelso was a poorly acted dickhead who's only redeeming feature was the fact that he was Cole's narrative punching bag.
>>
>>330281968
Didn't Revolver fail miserably? I doubt too many people played it. I know I did, and I liked it even though it was kind of weird.
>>
>>330281787
It would be nice if you had to decide whether they were lying based more on evidence than on over acting. It would also be nice if guessing wrong wouldn't be so obviously wrong. Like when you start verbally abusing some poor widow in a way that makes no sense in the conversation.
>>
>>330282327
I bet most of the people who correct others on Red Dead Revolver being the first Red Dead have never played it.
>>
>>330281831
Originally the "Doubt" option was "Force". As in, apply pressure to make 'em crack. They changed the text without changing the dialogue, hence the bizarre behavior.
>>330282196
I'd play it. Scrap the face tech, open up the world a lot and focus more on the real gameplay - the investigation stuff eventually boils down to "click the right items" for secondary playthroughs, which kills the replay value.
>>
>>330281562

Shut up you smug anal faggot.
>>
>>330282361
Well to call out a lie, you do need evidence. However, any over acting immediately tips you off that it's gonna be Doubt/Lie.
>>
It was a narrative driven adventure game with a shitty narrative.
>>
>>330277745
Because it didn't sell enough
>>
I think it was a pretty niche game. Bondi obviously tried to appeal to the mainstream crowd by shoehorning shitty GTA elements into it, which were the worst part of the game. Outside of that, I loved LA Noire and I wish there were more mystery games like this.
>>
I really just want more cop games in general. There aren't enough games where you go around solving crimes and shit. And the ones that do exist are either terrible like that new steam one, foreign simulators and puzzle games.
>>
File: kgb.png (27 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
kgb.png
27 KB, 600x324
>>330282650
Have you played Police Quest and KGB?
>>
>all the murdered broads were in bars getting shitfaced before they were killed
>you literally talk to the killer in the very first case at the very first bar
>one of the bartenders you grill mentions the fact that one of the murdered ladies spent all night pouring her heart out to the temp bartender
>sailor faggot mentions that another murdered girl spent her time at another ballroom also pouring her heart out to the bartender
>you never actually visit that ballroom despite the fact that you visit every other location she was seen including a fucking taxi AND a bus
>shit starts getting obvious as fuck
>nobody ever gives a straight up confession, all just crazy people and "that bitch had it coming"
>can't fucking do anything about it until the shitty last case in the homicide desk

I'm still mad about how that terrible plot arc was handled.
>>
Recognizing actors in this game is surreal as fuck.
>>
File: stopped_reading.png (77 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
stopped_reading.png
77 KB, 250x272
>>330277745
>comfy
>>
>>330279523
Cole seemed like the perfect human and then he just makes a U turn. I hated the game after because what he did was so against his character. You can't just write a character to be flawed that instant.
>>
I enjoyed this fucker on 360 back when it came out. Worth buying on PC with all that rockstar registration or social club nonsense and whatnot?
>>
>>330286176
It's locked at 30 fps
>>
>>330286176
You should bear in mind, the game only runs at 30fps due to the facial animation being recorded at that frame rate.
>>
You might like Murdered: Soul Suspect. It's not that similar aside from the walking around touching clues portion but it has a similar cozy feel.
>>
>>330286239
>>330286264

Ugh that is shitty. Thanks for warning me.
>>
>>330286069
this. i thought i wasnt paying attention during a cut scene or missed something because i was so confused by how out of nowhere that happens
>>
They never made a sequel because it was an expensive and drawn out game to make for how completely mediocre it ended up being.
>>
I want it to take place in Detroit, Reno or Las Vegas
>>
File: 1457493629762.jpg (34 KB, 461x439) Image search: [Google]
1457493629762.jpg
34 KB, 461x439
>>330277745

Rockstar killed the studio that made this game. They where going to make a sequel called 'Whore of the Orient.' It was to take place in 1930s China, never went anywhere though.
>>
>>330286069

eh, I liked how the game fucked with your perception of the guy. I just wish it was more obvious he had a family he was cheating on when he decided to fuck the nazi slut. I had no idea he was even married.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.