[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Furi trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8q jW_SQeCc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: header[1].png (357 KB, 810x240) Image search: [Google]
header[1].png
357 KB, 810x240
Furi trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8qjW_SQeCc

This got my attention because the OST is by Carpenter Brut (you probably know them from Hotline Miami)

The gameplay looks like a mix of shmup and character action. Interview with creator below made me interested in the game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/09/furi-on-ps4-a-gauntlet-of-brutal-boss-battles/

>I remember it from games like Super Punch Out, bosses from Metal Gear Solid, combat in God Hand. There are many games that gave me that feeling, but recently I’ve felt that games try too hard to be “user friendly.” Adaptive difficulty, dynamic checkpoints, in-game tips… Everything is explained and balanced to make sure nobody drops out.

>With Furi, we want to give the player an extreme satisfaction when he or she beats a boss. That means he or she will have to sweat a little for it.

>Furi is heavily inspired by the Japanese way of making games. It’s not trying to be realistic in its style or animations. It’s fast-paced and requires a lot of timing, reflex, and judgment. When you press a button, the character reacts immediately. It’s part of what makes it “fair.” Too often in modern games, we press a button and then, in order to make the game look realistic, the character will start an animation that “looks good” but “feels heavy,” and is unresponsive, even laggy. Responsive controls feel good and are a must-have in a combat game.

>The gameplay in Furi is the essence of the catchphrase “easy to learn, hard to master.” There are very few buttons to press or abilities to remember. You can slash with your sword, shoot with your gun, dodge, and parry. That’s about it.

>Dodge a laser. Parry a sword attack. Wait for the weakness in your opponent’s posture, and bam, punish. The real depth in the gameplay comes from the differences between the bosses. It’s not about learning tons of combos to beat the next boss, it’s about how you play a few moves differently to beat a different opponent.
>>
Looks pretty neat but that character design is ass on close up.

What they've shown better not be the entire game because if its anything like Devil Daggers, where its just one level that goes on forever, then it will get 0 sales.

That OST is GOAT though
>>
Looks kind of jank but not in a bad way. It makes me think they spent the budget on gameplay over graphics. Interested to see how much gameplay variety they can squeeze out.
>>
bitching music as expected, but i think the trailer would have been even better if there were more prominent sound effects for every slash or laser. i dig the design philosophy too
>>
So...this...is the power...of the PS4...whoa...
>>
>>330259025

I haven't played Devil Daggers but on steam it looks like an endless stream of monsters in a room, whereas this seems to have somewhat differing level design based on the bosses.

>>330260215

Maybe its your headphone quality? I can hear the sound effects, but turning the music down a bit wouldn't be bad.

>>330260523

Its also coming out on PC.
>>
Kinda looks like a weird bullet hell action mash-up
mite b cool
>>
Looks fun. Hopefullu there is enough content.
>>
File: 1399995857170.gif (1 MB, 312x176) Image search: [Google]
1399995857170.gif
1 MB, 312x176
>>330258484
>those aesthetics
>that music
>game looks responsive as fuck
>that design direction
>two of my favourite genres getting mashed together

Colour me exited
>>
>>330258484
shilling shill shill shilling shill
>>
>>330258484
So it looks like there's a narrative of some form, any idea what it's about?

Kinda looks like it's set in the internet.
>>
>>330258484
is this the dark souls of the PS4?
>>
>>330261343

Not sure. If anything I thought this was a game that will be very light on story. I don't think you can really make a good story based on a bunch of bossfights
>>
>>330261389
I thought bloodborne was the dark souls of ps4
>>
>>330258484
If Toonami made a game it would be something like this

will keep on eye on this
>>
It looks like ys
Im cool with it
>>
>>330261804
Well it doesn't have to be amazing but I don't think you can put that much effort into designing your main character without getting into backstory and narrative, in general.
>>
>>330262125

This is what the Ys series plays like? I thought they were hardcore grinding RPGs. Or am I getting confused with Disgaea?

Regardless, where should I start with Ys?
>>
>>330258484
maybe the bitch shouldnt have said now your mine might have hit the weeb vincent valentine cosplaying faggot
>>
This is the first I've heard of it, but I'm definitely interested now.
>>
>>330258484
is that lazerhawk as bgm?
>>
>>330262374
Either in the release order if you can stomach the older games, or just go with Origin.
>>
File: 1456955036098.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1456955036098.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>>330258484
Furri you say?
>>
File: Furi_pathtonextguardian[1].png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Furi_pathtonextguardian[1].png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>330259025

Good news for you m8, I found more screenshots on their site and there's definitely level variety.

>>330262958

Carpenter Brut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

>>330262203

You're right, there's another trailer on their site that kinda shows more story to it. Also has another song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp7GC3JEqMY
>>
>>330263397
Damn, it's got a great look to it. Reminds me of Catherine and what we've seen of Persona 5, so far
>>
>>330263397
I'm on board.
>>
looks fun but those animations and designs are shit

sounds like their heads are in the right place as far as gameplay philosophy
>>
>>330261174
>video game discussion on a forum dedicated to video game discussions
>"SHILL! STOP SHILLING! STOP DISCUSSING VIDEO GAMES!"
epic
>>
File: rabbit.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rabbit.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>330263138

>mfw you aren't actually wrong

This is probably a reference to Alice in Wonderland right?
>>
Americans finally appropriating Japanese game design instead of just kawaii animu

Too bad it looks derivative as fuck
>>
Kind of made me think of ZOE2 but less fun.
>>
Looks alright
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.