[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so fucking happy right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
File: dusty-wiiu.jpg (64 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dusty-wiiu.jpg
64 KB, 640x360
Does anyone else feel a sense of relief knowing that the Wii U and 3DS are finally dying and are about to replaced by a new line of consoles? To me, it represents the death of the casual mentality that has been poisoning Nintendo and their games for the past 8 years. It's why all their games have been gimmicky, shallow, and plastic looking.

The death of these console families is a fucking godsend for us. Just think about it. No more dumb controllers, no more casual pandering, no more waggle to jump, no more "LOOK AT THE BOTTOM SCREEN" prompts, no more blowing into the mic, no more gyro camera, no more fucking Miis, no more buying a shit ton of controllers for one game. IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

The casuals have proven that they don't care about Nintendo, so they don't deserve to be catered to. Whether the NX is the result of them learning from their mistake remains to be seen, but I can rest assured knowing that it's not going to be part of the Wii/DS family
>>
the NX might be more garbage you never know
>>
>>330231089
Some people have the weirdest delusions on their deathbed. R.I.P. anon.
>>
File: 1457523790990.png (346 KB, 768x1677) Image search: [Google]
1457523790990.png
346 KB, 768x1677
>>330231089
>I'm a hardcore gaymer

How does it feel to be part of the cancer that's killing video games?
>>
Oh yeah, its been so horrible having a games console that actually had games on this generation. I hope we get a DVD player thrown in and paid online whilst their at it.
>>
>>330231248
You honestly can't be telling me 95% those Wii/Wii U games wouldn't have been better if they were made with a normal controller in mind. Mario Galaxy didn't need the waggle shit to be good
>>
>>330231203
Normie here. Real accomplishment is overrated. It's why I started playing video games.
>>
>>330231181
It could, but if Nintendo have an ounce of intelligence they'll abandon their casual chasing ways and come back to the people who actually play their games
>>
File: 1407770294405.png (101 KB, 340x444) Image search: [Google]
1407770294405.png
101 KB, 340x444
>>330231089
>plastic looking
Its made of plastic
>>
>>330231485
>waggle shit

fuck off
>>
>>330231765
I meant the games
>>
>>330231089
Video games did it to him. We take away the video games and he'll revert back to a normal being, right... Doctor?
>>
>>330231089
>To me, it represents the death of the casual mentality that has been poisoning Nintendo and their games for the past 8 years.

Funny, that's exactly what you faggots were saying the WiiU represented when it came out.
>>
>>330231248
>actually had games
*citation needed*
>>
>casual gaming is bad
casual gaming pays the bills. sony isn't going to stay funded by the money coming in from your weeb titles. I bet if you took every single ps4 & vita weeb title, combined their overalls sales together, it still wouldn't equal to the amount GTA5 earned.
>>
>>330231529
>Normie here.

Nah, you're not.
>>
>>330231661
Yeah if nintendo has intelligence, they'll listen to a poor angry neckbeard.
>>
>>330231089
>Does anyone else feel a sense of relief knowing that the Wii U is finally dying
yes.
>and are about to replaced by a new line of consoles?
no.
>no more casual pandering
nigga, you dreamin'
>so they don't deserve to be catered to
money money money
>>
>yfw you really like the wii u, recognize that it does have its share of bad games, but the good games are really really good
I am completely happy with my wii u so far. Sorry that its fun
>>
>>330232010
I'm so sorry. It appears to have a permanent affect on his brain. He can walk, eat, and sleep like the rest of us, but hiding deep behind each layer of delusion holds the true personification of his core. I'm afraid there's nothing I, or anyone else really, that is capable of righting the wrongs so set by the deviness of life. He'll be autistic forever. It's best we ignore him and pray for the best.
>>
>>330231089
wasnt the 3ds selling good?
>>
Wii U has been the only console with games worth owning this gen, so I'll be sad to see it go. Anyone who thinks the NX is going to be some kind of super powerful hardcore gamer machine is an idiot.

If the next DS doesn't have a TV out I'm not getting it.
>>
>>330232265
That's not the casuals I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who have never touched a fucking game before. Like grandparents, mom and dad, and so forth. People who just got caught up in a fad and swiftly abandoned the Wii as soon as something trendier came out
>>
>>330231089
Unless Nintendo of America fires half its staff, it will remain censor-happy, sjw-pandering and geared towards casuals.
>>
>Nintendo has for 30 years biult and marketed its products as toys for children

>suddenly it's bad

/v/ is truly full of mental midgets
>>
>>330232885
If sales figures are anything to go by, yes it is bad
>>
>>330232010
>>330232651
What's wrong with being happy we're getting something different after 8 years of stagnation?
>>
OP you are even worse human trash and garbage than the nintendo fanboys you're here to trashtalk. Why are the fuck are you so emotionally invested in gaming consoles?
>>
>>330231935
To be fair, I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy on Dolphin with M+KB, and it really is a lot more enjoyable. A normal controller would be a godsend for Nintendo
>>
>>330233573
>emotionally invested
>trashtalk
Nigga, what the fuck are you talking about? I love Nintendo games but as of late, they just have these questionable design choices that just drag the enjoyment down
>>
>>330233283
Anon you have to make yourself happy. Finding joy in materialism is OK in moderation, but being dependent on it is dumb. You're telling me that you wasted 8 years of your life living in negativity over something as arbitrary as entertainment in the video game medium other than using that time in a matter that would of left you content? Why?
>>
>>330231089

> I hate nintendo soooo much! Fuck them!

> Can't wait to buy an NX though :^)

You are the most retarded type of false-flagger.
>>
>>330234458
Where did you get that from? I was just venting the problems I have with Nintendo. They're not my life or my passion, I'm just a fan who wants to see them be relevant again
>>
>>330234865
Clearly.
>>
>>330235546
You can stop playing Freud anon, you're terrible at it.
>>
>>330231661
You mean the people that abandoned them dyring the N64 and Gamecube days?
>>
>>330234246
I thought it was missing without it, but it certainly isn't necessary either.

It's trivial to sync a wiimote and usb sensors are cheap, so I just went that route.
>>
>>330236040
How should one go about it to be well at it then? Not to say I am, but humor me
>>
>>330236481
What audience do you think is worth more? People who buy games regularly? Or people who are so out of touch with gaming that they confuse your new console with a peripheral?
>>
File: blogging loudly.gif (877 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
blogging loudly.gif
877 KB, 490x367
>>330231089
Nice blog dude
>>
>>330231089
But the Wii U is hardcore as fuck, you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>330231089
Anon I.....wait until e3 please,I couldn't stand to see your poor heart be broken. You mean a lot to me. Your smile is what keeps me going everyday and is one worth protecting. Please anon,don't do this to yourself. Such an exemplary specimen of human intelligence such as yourself shouldn't put himself at risk for heartbreak. Come on just come over to my place and shit on my chest. I'll be waiting (: XOXOXOXO <3
>>
>>330231529
>Normie here
Fuck off mate
>>
>>330231661
i don't think you understand that you, and all of /v/ and whoever else thinks their games are too casual are an absolutely tiny minority, and that their "casual chasing ways" have unfortunately been working out for them. don't be surprised if they don't change their ways.
>>
>he seriously thinks there won't be gyro/touch screens/gimmicks on Nintendo's new handheld
>>
>>330238768
>and that their "casual chasing ways" have unfortunately been working out for them
Is that why the Wii U is their worst selling console yet? And the 3DS is their worst selling handheld yet? The casuals who made the Wii a success are all on mobile throwing money into candy crush. They didn't even know the Wii U exists
>>
>>330231089
>To me, it represents the death of the casual mentality that has been poisoning Nintendo
>To me
It's not even subjective anon. Nintendo has straight up said it's a return to the hardcore market.
>>
>>330238785
Gyro is actually great to aim stuff, and touch screens are great for maps and menus. As long as they use them properly, I'm ok with them returning.
>>
>>330231089
>He wants the next Nintendo system to have no gimmicks
>he wants the next Nintendo system to be the same shit as everyone else but with Nintendo games
What the fuck is the point? It's just as bad as the faggots going "NINTENDO SHOULD BE THIRD PARTY" but with an extra 300-400 bucks to take part in the Nintendo games.
It's pretty obvious Nintendo is never going to have third parties, so why should they compromise on the one thing they do have; the ability to make unique shit specifically on their hardware?
>>
>>330231203
Yeah we should all just play phone games
>>
>>330240187
Why is this even an argument? There's nothing wrong with having a normal console AND having those unique games. You don't need a tablet controller to make a unique game
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 321x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 321x323
The Wii U is/was a fun console with fun games.
>>
>>330240753
The argument is, why do you need the gimmicks to be gone?
Why is anything that's not a "standard" console immediately gimmicky kiddy shit?
>>
>>330232709
Dude, there is litterally no way that grandparents have not ever touched a fucking gaming systems.

There is no way that parents have never touched a gaming system.

What are you? 60 and from some small latin or eastern european nations?

I take that back, the latins have always played console games and the euros have had pcs.

By the way, they didn't just leap onto mobile after the wii. They just DID NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE. Many still have thier wii's laying around somewhere.

And let's face it.
Nintendo's name is valuable and the only name in the current gaming industry that isn't connected with a lot of bullshit.
The WiiU was a fuck up of biblical proportions we all know that now, but the NX has potential to be good and help save them from the death spiral the rest of the industry is currently locked in.
>>
>>330241359
If you make a gimmicky console, all your games are going to be gimmicky. If you make a standard console, you can make regular games and gimmicky games
>>
>>330241642
>If you make a standard console, you can make regular games and gimmicky games
But how? If the console doesn't have, let's just say, the gamepad, how could it have the simultaneous cockpit view like in SFZ, or hidden secrets that you need to touch the screen to find like in 3D World?

Nintendo makes hardware to suit the software they want to make. Everyone assumes the games would be better without it, and in the case of the Wii they'd probably be right because the Wii remote + nunchuk gameplay on the Wii was a blight against the company, but I don't see how the gamepad is such a huge problem.
>>
>>330241642
>If you make a gimmicky console, all your games are going to be gimmicky.

Not him. A lot of games on Wii U can be played with a Pro Controller. Hell a lot of games that use the Gamepad play normally as well. That's not necessarily the case either way.
>>
File: But that's wrong.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
But that's wrong.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>330241642
What games in the U are gimmicky, according to you? I can only count Mario Maker and Kirby Rainbow Course, and those are great games anyway, so I fail to see the problem.
>>
>implying next gen won't be as barren as this one
>microsoft made themselves irrelevant
>sony only releases ps3 and vita remasters
>nintendo makes more money of figures than games
>>
>>330241907
>>330241939
>>330242069
The gamepad was an underdeveloped concept that not even Nintendo's developers wanted to take advantage of fully. That's why the Wii U is less of gimmicky console than the Wii. Personally I'd rather not even have the gamepad. Shit doesn't even run games at the native resolution
>>
>>330231661
>Nintendo have an ounce of intelligence they'll abandon their casual chasing ways and come back to the people who actually play their games

So... Casuals?
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts.jpg (29 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts.jpg
29 KB, 300x240
>>330242607
The gamepad is pretty cool though. Who cares about its resolution? That's not the point.
>>
>>330242607
But... There are games taking advantage of the gamepad.
A lot of them (Mario Maker, the Zelda remakes, Xenoblade, and Rainbow Curse to name a few) work really well.
You seem to think that unless a game is controlled solely with the gamepad with gyro controls and the touchscreen, then it's Nintendo "not wanting to take advantage" of the gamepad, when in reality not everything needs every feature of it, but every feature comes into play in different games.
It could've been done better, and probably could've looked nicer if the system had better hardware, but you're just moving goalposts to shit on the Wii U at this point.

oh wait I'm on /v/ what did I expect
>>
>>330243212
Mario Maker and Kirby are the only games that take advantage of the gamepad. Zelda and Xenoblade use it as a map. And no, gyro aiming is not a significant application of the gamepad whatsoever
>>
>>330243212
Making a better specc'd console with the gamepad would have inflated the price so bad, it would have been
>RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRR

tier.

This is going to be a nightmare for backwards compatibility, as well. No store in any country sells the gamepad outside of Japan.

So yeah.
It was a flop.
>>
>>330243729
So, in your eyes, nobody's taking advantage of the gamepad enough unless they're making gimmicky shit, but the thing that makes the gamepad bad is gimmicky shit?
Have you considered maybe that the gamepad doesn't need every aspect of it used to be "taken advantage of"?
That's like saying a PC game that doesn't have every single key bound to an action isn't taking advantage of the keyboard.
>>
>>330244167
So tell me. Why even have the thing if not even developers want to use it? Whenever given the chance, I switch to my pro controller to play games. The gamepad is just not fun to use for most games
>>
>>330231089
The 3DS isn't going anywhere, nerd
>>
>>330243729

Monster Hunter used it well
>b-but not first party!
>>
>>330244495
You're joking, right?
>>
>>330244473
But developers do want to use it. They are using it.
The ability to quick switch items and check the map in the Zelda remakes without completely pausing the entire game is really fucking useful and it made the game a lot more enjoyable for me.
The map in Xenoblade being so spawling on the gamepad meant that I could use the autorun and pick the path by looking almost entirely at the gamepad in less hazardous areas.
The fact that I could move almost every aspect of the HUD in MonHun onto the gamepad completely cleared up the top screen, which looked really slick, combined with the fact that I had quick touch buttons bound to important items.
Not to mention the fact that even games that "don't support" the gamepad usually have off-TV play, which is incredibly useful, for me at least.

I reiterate, for the third time now; just because every single aspect of the gamepad isn't always constantly used doesn't mean it's not being taken advantage of. It just means it's being used in lesser ways to streamline shit.
If there isn't something on every single button on a controller in a normal game, you don't go out of your way to say "This game isn't taking advantage of the controller because the developers don't like it", you just think that maybe they didn't need to add superfluous options. So why does every game that uses the gamepad have to be a game that requires it, rather than be a game that's improved by using it?
Am I really just biting bad bait here?
>>
>>330232297
>>330238587

Make up your minds. I'm always the thing that undermines my argument with you cunts.
>>
>>330231203
Accurate. In fact if you're playing video games past age 18 you should consider suicide
>>
File: 1456238504031.jpg (62 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1456238504031.jpg
62 KB, 690x460
>>330234246
>Super Mario Galaxy on Dolphin with M+KB
>>
>>330231089
You're an idiot if you think Nintendo is going to try anything but push gimmicks down your throat. Their online service will still be early 90s tier, their consoles will still be overshadowed by even smartphones, and the higher ups will constantly think they're right and that the fans are wrong.

Nothing will change except the box the shit comes in. That's it. I used to love Nintendo but they've shit the bed and told their fans to fuck off enough for me at this point. I'm done giving them money and hopefully everyone else is too.
>>
>>330245096
And all those games can be played with the same level of enjoyment without the gamepad. It is worthless
>>
>>330245998
So you are just baiting.
Alright, fair enough.
>>
>>330243729
It also makes menuing a ton faster and more convenient.
>>
>>330246059
Dude. Stop defending the stupid thing so much. Not needing the gamepad to play the game tells me that Nintendo isn't confident in their own product. They know that people don't want it so they offer alternative control schemes for them. If Nintendo doesn't even want to use the thing right, then it was poorly conceived and not a good gimmick
>>
>>330245998
>with the same level of enjoymen
Not quite, having to pause to go to the menu literally halts your progress and makes everything more tedious. And in a game like Xenoblade, where there still is a ton of menus, being able to check the map and do stuff in fast is a godsend.
>>
>>330246957
>do stuff in it
>>
>>330246957
>press select to bring up a map
Problem solved. But I guess a tablet with a 2 hour battery life and a 480p screen with washed out colors is okay too I guess
>>
>>330246681
>They know that people don't want it
But people love it. Especially Japan. Check Miiverse. It's full to the brim with drawings.

>so they offer alternative control schemes for them
Wrong as fuck. The problem with the gamepad is that since the hardware of the console is shit, it can only run one at a time. That's why there's an alternate controller for multiplayer.
>>
Nintendrone here. I loved my 3ds. The games are fun. Just wish they never went with the 3d gimmick
>>
>>330231089
Without two screens you can't have etrian odyssey. And other than the untold versions they're hardly casual games for normies. if you don't like lolis that's your problem but they certainly aren't games for regular people or children

Unless they redo their entire game design somehow
>>
>>330247232
That doesn't solve anything, you idiot, you're still pausing the game and having to move the cursor around, wasting time.
>>
>>330232297
>>330238587
transcendential normie virgin here

he is right, real life sucks, vidya and mango is better (anime a shit)

On the topic of OP.

I would've never seen a problem with pandering to casuals if the balance is achieved, so you also have the core market. No gaming console is able to fullfill the criteria of balance yet, in my opinion.

Rather than presenting both, every party seems to forget the concept of pleasing everyone is not led by a single path.

AAA games get designed heavily towards casuals now, instead towards the dedicated and continious vidya enthusiast. DmC is a fine example of wrong design choices and false marketing.

Nintendo abandonded the Core audience, and M$ and Sony try to blend it into one, but both options won't work.

Nintendo should concentrate on the mobile gaming market
>>
>>330231089
Good riddance desu. I hated all this gimmicky shit from NIntendo as of late.

I mean, do you know anyone who actually plays their 3DS with the 3D on? I sure as hell don't. And the feature has gone the entire gen underutilized.

A handheld with a single screen from them would be a fucking godsend. I'm tired of all this DS bullshit.
>>
>>330248505
>do you know anyone who actually plays their 3DS with the 3D on?
People that have the new model where it actually works.
>>
>>330248642
I have the new model and I still prefer leaving it off.
>>
>>330248974
I have the new model and I leave it on all the time.
>>
>>330249116
Well I have a bigger dick than you so my preference matters more.
>>
>>330249360
That's not what you said last night faggot.
>>
File: 1455918689351.jpg (133 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
1455918689351.jpg
133 KB, 900x599
Why would I be relieved that someone else's video game console of choice is dying?

I love vidya and want everyone to be able to enjoy them however they can. Regardless of whether they share my own taste.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.