[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beat me yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 250px-Digimonworld.jpg (22 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
250px-Digimonworld.jpg
22 KB, 250x248
Beat me yet?
>>
Several times, game is super easy once you age a few years.
>>
>>330223562
First time it was ludicrously difficult though.
The game isn't hard, but it's full of obscure mechanics and there is zero hand-holding. And that's why I love it.
>>
Yes i did
but did you beat world 2?
That game is way more hard and bullshit
>>
>>330223061
My 7 year old mind couldn't handle it. I think I got at least half way through the game though. I think.
>>
>>330223061
Is the PSP remake any good?
>>
>>330223783
Maybe? Kinda. You should hope to Yggdrasil that Next 0rder comes over.
>>
when I was a kid I had a shitfit with this game. when I finally got a champion digimon, it died or something and I had to start over.

I don't remember exactly what happened, but damn, I was having issues with it.
>>
great gaem
>>
>>330223783
It's less vague in what it wants you to do but other than that, it's a new coat of paint and more digimon.
>>
>>330223730
>did you beat world 2

I can't stand the grind, i think i reached the last continent before giving up
>>
>>330224124
Sounds like you selected no on the question "do you have a digivice?"
>>
>I've beaten both

Digimon games are great fun
>>
>>330223562

That's not really the issue, the issue is the absurd amounts of grinding that you have to repeat every time your digimon dies. It's more a game where speedrunning is absolutely necessary - you have to train a good champion up to day 8 or so, then try to blast through as much of the story as you possibly can before you have to go back to town and grind again.

It doesn't help that improving the gym comes VERY late in the game (locked behind the fishing minigame, or Pixiemon which is just bullshit)

That said it's still one of my favourite games on the PS1. First time I got an ultimate made me go through the roof.
>>
>>330223061
DW3>DW>>>DW2
>>
File: Numemon.jpg (60 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Numemon.jpg
60 KB, 320x320
>>330223061

>Impossible to get anything other than Numemon when you first play the game
>When you gitgud and get to Toy Town, the only time you would actually WANT a Numemon (for the Monzaemon costume), it becomes impossible to get Numemon at all on purpose

How did the game know?
>>
Which digimon world started with you talking into like a subway with your friends or something, and then some shit happened and you ended up in a town hall or something.
Thats the one I played, and I remember I think i fought a giant bear before I gave up, I just kept dying.
>>
>>330224470
Digimon World pales in comparison to Re:Digitize in the grind department. At least in World you don't need to max out your stats or even get them to the 700 mark to compete with bosses. In Re:Digitize you have to hit 700+ just to travel to some endgame areas, and even then you'll only be hitting like 400 a hit against enemies with 5000+ health since getting skills is an insane pain in the ass.
>>
File: 29729273927.jpg (189 KB, 1280x1773) Image search: [Google]
29729273927.jpg
189 KB, 1280x1773
So we all know that dying Digimon is lame as fuck.

How would you guys improve the formula? What changes would you add or make?
>>
>>330223061
I'm actually in the process of replaying this, and holy shit I didn't remember how fucked it is.

Just trying to get a champion this isn't Numemon is a process in itself, if you don't understand the mechanics then there's a good chance you wont get anything other than him for awhile.
There's also a complete randomness to finding some of the digimon, and having to constantly talk to everyone in town to get a clue that lets you continue on.
If you don't already know what to do for some parts, you can easily be stuck for 3 or 4 mons before you make progress. Once you're nearing the end of the game and cleared most of the content, you might just give up because everything left is so hidden you wont find it all without a guide.

>it's still an amazing game
>>
File: 1361176620461.png (637 KB, 804x507) Image search: [Google]
1361176620461.png
637 KB, 804x507
>>330223061
I WANT
TO PLAY
THIS GAME AGAIN
WHY ISNT IT ON PSN
FUCK ME
>>
>>330224660
World 3
>>
>>330224713
Increase the lifespan by a lot, have some stats carry over once your digi dies. Either that or you can pick between 3 that you wan't to train.
Also make it less restrictive to digivolve into champions. A lot of people gave up because they had no idea how to meet a lot of the requirements, like needing a high weight.
>>
This game has the comfiest soundtrack ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtZifR4xQyw&ab_channel=Poxnixles
>>
>>330224713
Remove shitting.
>>
File: DW-Dawn_cover.jpg (219 KB, 768x689) Image search: [Google]
DW-Dawn_cover.jpg
219 KB, 768x689
Slightly on topic, but if the wold exploring didn't suck so much, these games would have been amazing. Who's idea was it to make every world a complete maze with nothing in 99% of it?
>>
>>330225004

Stats do carry over. It's only a small percentage of stats (I think it starts off at 10%, meaning if your monster was 6000/600 in everything it'd start off 600/60 as a baby) but the percentage rises as your Tamer Rank does.
>>
>>330224207
and the digimons look like crap
>>
>>330223061
>mfw knowing a guy who has expended immense amounts of energy learning every in and out of this game in the hopes of speedrunning it or streaming it
>mfw he never actually will
>mfw I will never have a face
>>
>>330225118
Also 90% of attacks being useless or newer learned moves just being plain old worse than older ones. The digifarm was a good idea until you learned to abuse it then all your digimon become gods and you steamroll through the rest of the game.
>>
>>330225406

Speedruns for this game are a pretty good watch actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAJmTw7Aoc
>>
>play the game
>put "all items in your bag x99" gameshark
>get the chips
ez pz
>>
>>330227131

>Use a gameshark
>Add the Metalbanana to my inventory
>Get Metal Etemon
>>
>>330225850
That poor digimon.
>>
>>330224815
Emulate it. It's on coolroms and romhustler
>>
>>330229074
I thought PS1 emulators sucked ass
>>
>>330229163
No, have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>330229247
Yes, its my favorite past time
>>
>>330224281
Not him but how are the two related?
>>
>>330229247

PS1 emulation does suck ass though

its almost as bad as PS2
>>
>>330229465
If you select no it is nearly impossible to get any champion other than numemon or sukamon.
>>
>>330229639
What the fuck
Why?
>>
>>330229720
Hell if I know, hard mode I guess.
>>
>>330223730
I remember wanting an ultimate level digimon and the next level required 999999 exp.

My 8 year old self just threw the shit in the back of the closet and never looked again.
>>
>Most rookies need to be at
30 before they can digivolve to a decent champion Digimon
How can I have my digimon weight that much? I can't get enough meat, there aren't many mushrooms around in the forest. Do I have to suck it until I get better meat?
>>
>>330223061
Nope. The one time I entered the final area a Rockmon almost one-shot my Ult. so I ran away to train, then my mon died and I couldn't get the next 3 fuckers to digivolve all the way.

I did beat DW3 though.
>>
>>330223061
>want to get every digimon in my town before attempting mt. Infinity
>didn't touch toytown till the very end
>literally too far in the game to get the slugmon you need to get the stupid teddybearmon
No I havnt fucking beaten this stupid piece of shit.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.