[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hear by everyone how Okami is so much better than Twilight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
>hear by everyone how Okami is so much better than Twilight Princess
>play Okami
>drop it due to boredom
>play TP
>love it

What's wrong with me, /v/?
>>
Nothing, but since you posted here, the answer is shit taste.
>>
Nothing, you just enjoy different things.

I played Okami for like 40 hours before I forgot the game I think and I hadn't even hit the half point at that moment.
>>
>>330222824
Not that shocking, Okami is still really good but it's oddly filler heavy and plot focused for a Clover game.
>>
I thought Okami was a hand holding easy shit until I played TP. I think interacting with TP at all made me appreciate Okami a lot more.
>>
>>330223074
>oddly filler heavy and plot focused

So is TP.
>>
>>330223573
>still fallong for this me me
>>
Because of shit taste OP.
>>
>>330223803
You're seriously going to deny TP was filler heavy?
>>
okami's intro is worse than twilight princess

fuck that 20 minute slideshow
>>
>>330223879
The music though
>>
>>330223879
>20 minutes vs 2 hours
>>
I felt like Okami could have had 2 or so more dungeons, stuff like the ship felt like half dungeons to me.

Still love the game, just wish they didn't have to reuse bosses. Time travel stuff near the end seemed weird to me and tacked on too.
>>
You have shit taste.
>>
>>330224956
o-okay
>>
Okami is probably my favorite game of all time, but it's definitely not for everyone, and it starts to really peter out towards the end.
>>
>>330225229
I just don't really understand why I wasn't feeling Okami despite being a massive Zelda fan.
>>
>>330224221

20 minutes of pure cutscene with no control over your character vs 2 hours of directly interacting with characters.
>>
>>330225816
>oh boy goat herding
>>
Is Okamiden the best Zelda game on the DS?
>>
>>330225816

TP has it's fair share of cutscenes in those first 2 hours too.
>>
Because ye olden japanese settings are shit
>>
File: 2_Okami.jpg (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2_Okami.jpg
1 MB, 1280x720
I could endure okami's beginning and handholding because DAT ATMOSPHERE

so comfy and gorgeous
>>
>>330225724
Probably because it's just that it's not supposed to feel like Zelda. It has the same style of gameplay and same kind of dungeons and everything, but the themes of the games differ.
If you wanted a coming of age adventure instead of immersing into a world of jap mythology you'd feel out of place with this game.
>>
>>330226464
I don't think that's it.
>>
I guess I'll just pretend to like Okami more. At least that way I'd feel more accepted by the gaming community.
>>
I gave up on Okami when you learn the "draw vines" paint gimmick

Because your characters are racing down a river and everyone's like "AAAAH OH NO WE'RE DOOOMED UNLESS WE CAN SLOW DOWN" and if you mess it up, you reach the end of the river and the whole thing just resets with no penalty.
>>
>>330222824
Okami is more creative and ambitious but I don't think there's anyone who's better at the nuts and bolts of video game than Nintendo EAD.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.