[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
might and magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
hey /v/ is this series worth it
there are a lot of games in the series and they look breddy good !
>>
>>330221102
6-8 are the mandatory main games.
Earlier ones if you can stomach the graphics/ui/controls.
9 is bad. Really bad. It's so hilariously bad it's good. Play at your own risk.
Haven't played 10 myself, and don't really have any desire to.
>>
>>330221693
wont i be missing any story or every game has individual story?
>>
>>330221693
10 is pretty good even if it's set in the alternate universe.

>>330221908
No you won't really miss anything, VIII was my first game and I had no issues with it they're mostly self-contained.
>>
>>330221908
I've read some of the earliest games are literally direct sequels. You can even import your old saves. And your old party becomes a boss or somesuch.

6-8 not so much. Also I think it happens in an entirely different world from the early games too.
There is some continuity. For example 8 happens at all because of the events of 6.
And while not directly connected, it's better to play them in order. Graphics engine is pretty much the same, so it's not like you won't be able to play 6 because it's too ugly if 8 looks alright to you.
>>
OP here, sorry i was meaning to ask about heroes of might and magic
but i will look into those games too are the heroes of might and magic good
>>
>>330222239
Best Heroes games are II and III, IV was a letdown but still somewhat enjoyable and V is fun with the latest expansions despite its flaws, didn't play the newest ones though. The only thing they have in common with the main series is the setting though but it's pretty nice to play them together. If you plan to get III don't get the HD edition but rather the complete one then use the HD fanpatch.

>>330222203
So there are two world in the first universe (I>5 and 6>9) and then the alternate universe past HOMM V and MM 10 ?
>>
>>330222239
Yes, both are classic PC games series.
Heroes I-II are good, featuring opera songs in the soundtracks.
III is the most acclaimed one. My favorite as well.
IV is a very polarising entry. Some love it, some hate it. It tried to implement a lot of new ideas, both good and bad. It was also made during the developer company's last days.
V is made by slavs. They've actually tried to keep it pretty close to III, their favorite. Features new skill wheel system and square combat grid.
Don't really care enough about VI or VII.
>>
>>330221693
>>330222045
>>330222203
>>330222482
>>330222634
thanks guys i came for heroes of might and magic and didn't knew it was just a spinoff
the original series looks amazing specially might and magic X legacy
>>
Might and Magic I to VI are thebest thebest, VII and VIII are VI but progressively worse, IX is a first person shooter, X Legacy is a throwback to VI and VII.

HoMM is shit in general.
>>
>>330222482
They're in the same universe, except IX, which is the same world as Heroes IV is set in, iirc. IV decided to sorta reboot the series by initiating literal Armageddon on the HoMM III planet, thankfully they've already Armageddon's Blade at their disposal.

Anyway, regarding M&M, from the wiki:
>1 - Varn
>2 - Cron
>3 - Terra
>4, 5 - Xeen
>6, 7, 8 - Enroth
>9 - Axeoth
>>
>>330221693
>6-8 are the mandatory main games.
WoX is the pinnacle of the series.
>>
The party from MM3 shows up in MM7.
>>
>>330223226
Sorry, grandpa.
>>
>>330223112
Right, It's just that Ubisoft decided to use their own timeline and world (Ashan) in their games leaving the original continuity intatc because it was too confusing and they disliked the sci-fi elements (according to the wiki). I read somewhere that they decided to actually keep both and have their games in a "true" alternate universes, guess I was wrong.
>>
File: cranky 2mins.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cranky 2mins.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>330223385
>>
>>330223057
VII and VII are both better games than VI.

VI is only enjoyable if you break it.
>>
That might and magic humble bundle was hands down the best one when it comes to value to quality ratio.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.