[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes this game a sequel? All the trailers show the exact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (34 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
34 KB, 554x554
What makes this game a sequel? All the trailers show the exact same dungeons and environments from the first game. I know there are a couple of new jobs, a new big bad and two new party members but I just don't see why I should fork over $60 for what looks to be the exact same shit I've already played.
>>
>>330220032
>why I should fork over $60
You shouldn't.
>>
>$60

This is a 3ds game, am i missing something?
>>
>>330220032
>I just don't see why I should fork over $60

Then don't faggot, what's the big deal?
>>
>>330221074
I think he's Australian. new ds games come for 60$ a pop here, console games go for close to 100$ but the value of our dollar is considerably lower.
>>
Don't support bad localisation practices
>>
>>330220032
I'm ~17h into the game. There are many new dungeons and a couple of new towns so far. Also all of the jobs that you get in the main quest are new.
>>
>have physical copy of this game
>game crashes when the final boss enters the menu where he tries to delete your save files
fucking why
>>
>>330221534
Ausfag here. I payed 49 for it 2 days ago.
>>
>>330221251
> what's the big deal?
Maybe I expected too much from modern squeenix, but I enjoyed the first game enough to want a decent sequel, not BD. 5
>>
>>330222406
It's a perfect sequel insofar as they doubled down on most things. There are more classes, more places to visit, and the writing is twice as bad, which is difficult to achieve, considering how retarded it already was in BD. The only downside is that the music is worse than before. But that's just my opinion.

Oh and they improved the gameplay here and there.

If you enjoyed the first game, you will enjoy the second too.
>>
File: top002.png (285 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
top002.png
285 KB, 800x480
how do I kill this fuck without getting reflected to death?
>>
>>330222853
one Astro with group cast for non-physical nullification and status immunity, then naked monks and auto-undo.

for every single problem.
>>
>>330222616

Is it true what they've said about the bad endings being removed from the sidequests? What does this mean exactly? Are certain asterisks locked out?
>>
I equipped the thief knife on my head, where's my goddamn steal command?
>>
>>330224070

I'm not completely sure but my guess is this.

Everytime you get to meet old asterisk holders, you get into a situation where you have to choose sides between two of them arguing. If you choose to support asterisk holder A, you've got to fight asterisk holder B, and vice versa. You will only get the asterisk of the asterisk holder that you chose to fight.

Apparently there is a loop in the game that gives you the choice to replay all sidequests, so that in theory you could make a different decision in order to get the asterisk that you didn't get the first time around..

From what I understand in the Japanese version you had to make the same decision twice in order to first see a bad outcome of your choice and a good outcome the second time around. Thus you had to replay the game another time to see all possible outcomes. In the European versionthey changed that so that you only have to finish the game once and then choose to support the other asterisk holders during the loop to see everything there is to see. As a result of this, a number of short scenes (3 or 4?) were deleted completely, while most of the time you simply get to watch both outcomes in succession the first time around.
>>
>>330224245
Use it as an item.
>>
Also, you don't have to have it equipped.
>>
>>330220032
>same environments
>sequel
I don't see the problem
>>
>>330224070
There are 4 outcomes for old Asterisk quests, 1A - 1B, 2A - 2B.
1A is choice one with a bad ending. 1B is a good ending, gotten by simply making the same choice again once time has reset (to my understanding). So to see every ending, you'd need to do NG+ 3 times, when really you should only do it once. The change just makes it so you always get the good or neutral "B" varient.

Honestly, it cut out a ton of the loop grinding, but it made your choices even more meaningless.
>>
If you liked the 1st you'll like this.
It is true that the music isn't as good as BD, cause it was freaking 10/10. Nevertheless, there's somo pretty good pieces, I'd say 7/10.

On the bad side, NO FREAKING SPIRITMASTER.
>>
>>330225137
who needs spiritmaster with auto-undo?
>>
>>330225241
The same suit without blood.
>>
>>330225137
The Priest job is pretty much a mix between the White Mage and the spiritmaster job, so you should just roll with that.
>>
>>330225241
Auto-undo is freaking good, but I'd like to know whatever happened to Victor, Victoria or the Magic Swordman guy, who is also missing for no reason.
>>
>>330225397
>Magic Swordman guy

It's dangerous to use Arabs as enemies anon.
>>
>>330224853
>More of the time travel bullshit
>Hacked apart by memehouse too
What a disaster
>>
>>330225537
>memehouse

The game wasn't localised by Treehouse, anon. But I'm sure you already know that.
>>
>>330226274
I honestly didn't, whoever did it still fucked it up though
>>
>>330226368
I still don't get why they butchered Magnolia's Good Gravy and gave it to Yew as Coup de Gravy.
>>
>>330226741
There are like six languages included on the cartridge including the original Japanese. If you don't like the English translation you could just switch to another language.
>>
>>330227090
I have already switched between French and Spanish a couple of times, I'll pay more attention to how they translate that over there in my 2nd run.
It is still very weird they butchered her catchphrase and gave it to Yew anyway.
>>
File: jaden__final__by_kaisertiger.png (67 KB, 290x346) Image search: [Google]
jaden__final__by_kaisertiger.png
67 KB, 290x346
>>330220032
Its a sequel...because its a continuation of the frist one.

Magical, isn't it?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.