[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IS PC gaming even worth it in 2016? Almost every new game is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 1454917215496.jpg (17 KB, 124x161) Image search: [Google]
1454917215496.jpg
17 KB, 124x161
IS PC gaming even worth it in 2016? Almost every new game is shit, what's the point of building a $900 computer when the best games PC has to offer came out close to a decade ago or more?
>>
Ummm. Ever heard about Undertale or Stardew Valley? Consolecucks will never get to enjoy these games.
>>
Bannerlord coming this year anon
>>
>>330219892
i've almost completely moved away from pc gaming at this point
it hurts pretty bad, been doing it for 15 years but after the last 18 months i've just reached a point where i need some time away from that shit
>>
>>330220432
You can even run those games in a minilaptop.
>>
>>330219892
Built a PC in 2011 and the experience has been pretty shit so far.
Not as great as the fanboys on /v/ make it out to be.
At least emulation is nice, but then again those are console games.
Native PC games are dead
>>
If you're a weeb than you're correct.
>>
File: 1454604582921.png (193 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1454604582921.png
193 KB, 488x488
>>330219892
You are correct OP.

I only ever use my PC for 4chan and visual novels, sometimes for RPG maker H-games

You are better off buying a modded PS3 and a regular PS4.

The ONLY worthwhile games in the PC scene right now don't even require a 900 dollaroo PC since most of the good ones are old ones and run well on most machines.
>>
Yes, Undertale is PC only.
>>
Built mines last year for emulation and shit and so far I'm pretty fine.
>>
>>330220629
t. never played anything but console ports
>>
Nowdays for gaming is not, most of titles (indie shit apart) come out broken.
>>
>>330220432
>>330220662
Does anyone actually want to play that garbage?
>>
>>330219892
Why even go high end if you don't like the games that come out recently? I got a 7 year old computer and it works fine for me.
>>
>>330220868
Nope, im not playing this trash again
>>
>tfw spent 800 dollars on new PC
>can't even run play half of the new releases

I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Maybe I'll keep it for VRs and Dating sims but fuck,that's 800 I'm never getting back.
>>
>>330220597
Hell, you can even emulate a superior Stardew Valley on a minilaptop.
>>
>>330220868
No, it's just a meme game for furries and horsefuckers.
>>
>>330220935
Probably because if you're building a PC there's no reason to completely lock yourself out of accessing recent games. With a console, at least you can just buy it and know that it'll run every game in that generation, there's no point in building a gimped PC unless you're positive you'll only want to ever play emulators.
>>
>>330220868
>>330220954
>Undertale
>garbage
Holy shit, kill yourself samefagging kid. Undertale is the game was redefined gaming. You must feel like a complete idiot for insulting a game that was critically acclaimed by many reviewers and sold over two million copies. Samefag harder kid.
>>
Oh yeah, what does /v/ think of Warhammer Total War?

I never see any threads discussing it here, and when I made a thread to talk about it, it just went straight to 404 with no replies.

I thought the game looked pretty good.
>>
>>330219892
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
>>
>>330221132
sure it looks good
but i know better than to buy a Total war game within a fucking year of release
>>
>the pirate bay
>play the same up-to-date game as paying customers, for free
>60+ fps
>laughably short loading screens for the most part
>ability to alter any game to your liking fairly easily
>exclusives whether consolebabbies like them or not
>simulators
>ability to use controller, including wireless
>is also your handy home computer that can do all your interwebs/work stuff
>will serve you happily until its final days of circulating electricity
>killed Steve Jobs

PC is the best, also tonnes of good shit I didn't list because I'm stupid
>>
>>330221348
>ability to use controller, including wireless
*after fucking around with drivers for 30 minutes and only being able to use a 360 controller without spending hours setting up and installing chink botnets to use a PS3 controller
>>
>>330221028
Yeah and just wait until the last half of the console's life cycle, where things get REALLY good

>12 fps
>>
>>330221465
There are plenty of USB plug-and-play controllers for PC if you don't want to use an Xbox controller.
>>
>>330221465
>I'm retarded how do I use computers

Nigger step it up, just because you're dumb doesn't mean you can talk shit about the glorious master race. If you can't figure out how to plug in a controller, and download a driver (if that is even necessary, which it usually isn't) then you should probably just let natural selection take care of you
>>
PC isn't quite dead but future proofing is.

Nowadays we get unoptimised console ports with the current flagship graphics card stated as the recommended spec (before, games used to recommend the flagship card of the previous one or two line-ups) and highly demanding technology like VR and 4K that pushes any set up to its limit. When dual GTX980tis can maintain 60fps in GTAV at 4K it means no more being set and comfy for the next 3 years.
>>
>>330219892
Then get a $200 PC and play those decade old games. Problem solved
>>
>>330221683
Have you tried to use a Dualshock 3 on PC?
>>
>>330221846
You can get a pretty good Korean hooker for $200 dollarydoos instead
>>
>>330221465

You being technologically illiterate isn't an argument against PC gaming.
>>
>>330221904
Very successfully, sir. Pro tip use older drivers
>>
lol OP thought this would be some huge shit storm. Best thing we can all do now is just stop replying (I'm not making a good example though)
>>
You have plenty of games on PC you can't get anywhere plus emulation and near endless backwards compatibility.

I'm sorry that the PC market isn't a disgusting weaboo heaven.
>>
>>330222228
Yeah, it's just a furfag heaven. Play some more Undermeme.
>>
>>330221465
You are retarded, I'm playing MGSV PC with a controller right now, a DS3
>>
>>330221904
Easy enough mate. It doesn't work natively so you have to emulate a 360 controller.
>>
>>330222378

t. console fanboy that only knows PC gaming via memes spouted by underage dipshits on /v/.
>>
>>330219892
The secret of gaming is that only indie and handheld games are actually good now. So PC +3DS/vita is the best combo.
>>
going for highend gear is a big scam.
games look and play fine on medium, and besides, you're going for pc for a game library that dates back to the early 90's
>>
>>330222590
>not PC+PS3 master race
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.