[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: Black_knight_sword.jpg (94 KB, 688x381) Image search: [Google]
Black_knight_sword.jpg
94 KB, 688x381
Erm, I killed the Knight in Undead Burg who wields this sword but I fear I may have lost or misplaced it.

The sword is not in my inventory and I went back to the place where he was to double check and the Knight isn't there and the sword isn't there either.

Where did the sword go and how can I get it back?
>>
You don't and you stop relying on overpowered gear
>>
>>330205205
I just want to use it as a secondary weapon so I don't wear down my main one while fighting generic enemies.

Please tell me hwo to get it back
>>
>>330205061
Just to clarify, black knight weapons aren't 100% drops. Unless you mean you've got it, but misplaced it later, it means it just didn't drop for you in the first place.
>>
>>330205401
Weapon degradation in DaS1 is nowhere as bad as in DaS2. You're not likely to EVER run out of durability between bonfires, as long as you repair whenever you rest.
>>
>>330205447
dis, nigga
>>
Is this post a troll?

>>330205447

How can I get the sword back someone please tell me.
>>
>>330205918
If it DID drop and you've lost it somehow, you can't get it up.
Not until the very late game at least, where you find respawning black knights, which you can farm for drops.
>>
>>330205918
That post is not a troll. Are you sure the sword dropped?
>>
>>330206025
>you can't get it up.
Fuck me. I meant "get it back".
>>
>>330206025

Okay thank you, I kind of like the look of that sword

>>330206031

Honestly I can't remember, somebody probably stole it from me, either way it seems I'll have to wait otherwise
>>
Check your storage
>>
>>330205061

Enemy weapons are chance drops, not guaranteed. Also any black knight weapon will trivialize the game for you.
>>
>>330205061
OP is fucking retarded.

It's not 100% drop.
OP states it did drop, but dissapeared.
Then OP states they don't know if it dropped.
OP states someone might have stole it.

This is probably a troll thread.
>>
>>330206310

Wait, we're using the word "troll" again? I thought bait was the preferred term now.
>>
File: 1454103522827.jpg (30 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
1454103522827.jpg
30 KB, 303x357
Is this OP retarded?
>>
>>330206310
OP here, don't know why you have chosen to insult me, those people who invade your game can and do steal your weapons, I've seen it happen.

I just cant remember if somebody invaded me since I had to do some thing for a month and only just got back to resuming the game now
>>
>>330206598
Other phantoms can only pick up items you deliberately dropped on the ground.
Phantoms can't pick up items that enemies dropped upon death.
Both enemy drops, and items you dropped from your inventory disappear when you die or reset the world by resting at a bonfire or travelling to a different location.
>>
>>330206741
Ah okay, well in that case the most likely scenario is he didn't drop it, or I tried to give it to another player, either way my memory is hazy.

I am up to the depths part before blighttown btw.
>>
>>330206598

Invaders can only take weapons you've personally dropped.

Enemy drops that appear as golden souls are invisible to invaders and white phantoms except when a rare glitch occurs. If an item has an identifier icon such as a ring, bag, armor ect. it can be picked up by other players.

So in order for an invader to have taken a black knight sword, you would have needed to drop it.

Incidentally, if you die without picking up an item it will disappear.
>>
File: 1454504943852.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454504943852.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>330206598
>OP here, don't know why you have chosen to insult me, those people who invade your game can and do steal your weapons, I've seen it happen.
>>
>>330206827

One time I invaded a guy in the Tomb of Giants and for some reason soul items were visible.

I looted one of the undead souls from the corpses at the bottom of Patches Pit before the host disconnected. Who knows how it happened.
>>
>>330206124
>somebody probably stole it from me

impossible

it didn't drop for you. If an item drops it either is immediately shown and is in your inventory or is in the form as a soul pickup on the ground
>>
Is op trolling, genuinely retarded, or just incapable of speaking (writing) English?
>>
>>330206927
I think something like that happened to me once or twice as well.

Anyway, this reminds me. Have you guys ever seen "items" like >>330206812
described lying around, when you didn't actually drop anything, and there are no phantoms in your world?
Wiki says those are apparently "embryos" of vagrants. First, a player drops an item, then it appears in another player's world, BUT it's not the same item, but some garbage instead.
And if it's not picked up by any other player for some time, it grows into a full-fledged vagrant with the original item inside.

I wish DS3 will have more obscure multiplayer mechanics like that. Not just simple invasions.
>>
>>330207201

Yes I've gotten that. If a player drops an item they can phase into your world. I've never encountered good vagrants though, because they're hard to create. Evil Vagrants are pretty common though, especially in high pvp areas since accidental deaths lead to their creation.

Most of the time people will find the dropped items before they've jumped world enough to become them.

Odd enough, most of the time when I find player dropped items it's during an invasion, presumably left by the player as an offering.

I've gotten loads of items this way, presumably by hackers trying to tell off dickwraiths.
>>
I stole it from you OP. You won't be getting it back until you either pay me 12,500 souls or beat me in 1v1 combat.

Put my sign down in the depths. I'll be waiting.
>>
In my first playthrough a co-op phantom slayed the knight and i swiped the sword. Was playing blind so image my surprise when it turned out to be so OP.
>>
Hey, you guys know about the free DS:PTD?
http://www.grabthegames.com/deal-details.html?dealID=18904
>>
I invaded and looted your safety box because you didn't buy an Inscrutable Padlock, OP, but I will return it if you face me, the Fell Black Knigga Twink, in mortal combat.
>>
Jesus, idiots. It probably dropped and he died either before it saved or while it was saving.
>>
I think it just didnt drop, OP. Dont worry, there are several other dark knights in the world, and any of the weapons they drop are pretty dang good. To boost your chances of getting rare drops, increase the amount of soft humanity, the number next to your lifebar, and maybe look for one of the covetous serpant rings. You can look up where to find them online. I one time managed to not lose my soft humanity once until I got down to blightown so I could give it to the covenant there. It felt nice having the weight of over 25 humanity off my shoulders.
>>
>>330206124
> somebody probably stole it from me
You're an idiot.
>>
>>330205061
It's not a guaranteed drop m8
>>
>>330207951
> not mortal kombat
>>
I'll borrow OPs thread, I bought Dark Souls since it seemed fun. Only to have it crash after the intro cutscene. I read that it was due to Nvidia drivers, I tried downgrading and everything nothing fixed it so I refunded the game. Has this been fixed yet?
>>
>>330212171
My last three video cards all have been nvidia and I have never experienced the crash like you described. I somehow doubt it's related to nvidia.
>>
>>330212171
I dont think its your card or drivers. I ran the game on a potato toshiba laptop with an Intel 4000. Frames were shit, but no crashing.
>>
>>330212286
>>330212442
The reason I said nvidia was that the dsfix guide on steam mentioned this exact problem. Guess I'll pirate it and see if I can run it then.
>>
File: 1456165318125.png (331 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1456165318125.png
331 KB, 470x470
>>330206809
I'll have what this guy smoked.

Alzheimer confirmed
>>
>>330205061
>erm
>google image

Kill yourself redditor.
>>
>>330212686
Ahh, yeah, you did say that. Hope you get it to work. Also, just a heads up, prepare to pay for a controller. Literally impossible on keyboard and mouse.
>>
What the fuck is this thread
>>
File: 4FWPNJF.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4FWPNJF.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.