[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why no one cares about Bravely Second?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1
File: BS.jpg (102 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
BS.jpg
102 KB, 1200x675
the first one sold well, like more than 1,3 mil world wide

i ask this because im playing the second one and its not worse if anything its alteast at the same level or even a bit better because has new stuff and some improvements

and in japan second sold less than the half of what the first did, why?

it was because people was hyped about a new classic jrpg new ip, but after playing the first one people got bored of the ip already?

and we are not talking about shity little censored costumes because it was not in japan and they are almost not noticeable in the west
>>
The first ones repetitiveness likely turned off a lot of people and likely reduced the chance of them buying a sequel.
>>
>Final Fantasy V without the charm
>any Squaresoft game that isn't FFV or CT
I'd rather not.
>>
>>330110531
This.

I am the kind of fucking moron that LOVES repetitive grinding in games to the point where I often burn myself out and when I heard I had to beat Bravely Default 4 times to get the real ending, I said fuck it.
>>
They basically fucked up the first game with the bonkers requirements to get the true ending. There was some survey about how many people got the true ending in japan and it was a minority.

Basically people got turn off. A shame because Second is really fun.
>>
>>330110450
I'm playing BS right now, too. It's still good but worse than the first (at least so far) imo.

From what I gathered people in Japan were kind of disappointed that the game recycles so much and that you had to replay the game several times to see all of the optional sidequest content (they fixed that in the European version but /v/ is calling that censorship by the way).

Personally I think the story is horrible, even worse than in the first game. I dislike the sidequests in particular.

I actually play the game mostly for the class system and the great artsytle.
>>
>>330110450
Because it was literally butchered in localization
>>
>>330110450
Also, I forrgot to mention it but the game seems to be doing pretty well in Europe. It is in most bestselling charts.
>>
Censored shit
If it wasn't butchered i would buy it when it comes out in NA
But now i don't want it
>>
>>330110450
The first ones story was boring and I didn't like any of the characters except Edea. Honestly, the only reason I kept playing the game is because I liked the battle system and job changes.

I haven't really been paying attention to this one enough to care.
>>
>>330110450
If you read the opinions of Japanese customers, you'll find that many simply dislike the game's writing. They hate that there are hardly no serious moments left, the whole "food talk", the boring cast of good boys and cute girls. Simply read the amazon.co.jp comments and you'll get an idea.
>>
>hurr better because it doesn't have the loops
Right, instead you are buying a game where the majority of the locations, enemies,,etc are directly recycled from the first game. It's a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>330111798
Shitposting on amazonjp is normal for nips though.
>>
what secret message is spelled out in the subtitle this time?
>>
>>330112137
Why do you call it shitposting? It's a legit complaint. I'd prefer a more balanced story with more tragic/serious events every once in a while. All those jolly/ goofy shit and bad pace really hurt the game's story. The sidequests are so fucking tedious. They could have easily make them more interesting.
>>
>>330111978
>It's a lazy piece of shit.

I'm 17 hours or so into the game and I like the new locations. But I kind of agree. They should have gone the FF route and made a completely new game, in a new setting with a completely new cast. They still could have reused some assets and enemies to save money.
>>
It's a good game for people that liked ff5, bad for everyone else
>>
>>330111016
>disappointed that the game recycles so much
Shit, this one recycles itself too?
>>
>>330110450

The only thing I can point at is that it's filled with 2chan memes in Japan.

As for the European release I just suppose that a lot of people got turned off by the bad press the game got, I'd also blame a part of decreased sales on the fuckery they commited with the sidequests, which completely defeat the half the reason to replay the games loops.

Also: loops likely reduced a lot of people that bought the first one.

I loved Bravely Default, but Bravely Second is all kinds of wrong.
>>
>>330110450
NISA
I
S
A
>>
>>330111798
>>330110450

The Japanese also complained about the script containing too many memes.

>>330113926
I don't know yet as I'm not even at the halfway point yet. I meant that it recycles quite a lot of assets from Bravely Default, in particular for the optional sidequests.
>>
many people didn't finish the first one because of the repetition (I enjoyed it though).

I'm struggling with second because the plot is not that great so far and all the asterisk choices are complete jokes and the best asterisk are behind stupid choices.
>>
I dunno, I like it.
>>
>>330111016
>>330111016
>Japan were kind of disappointed that the game recycles so much and that you had to replay the game several times to see all of the optional sidequest content (they fixed that in the European version but /v/ is calling that censorship by the way).

Except you have to do the loops fucking regardless of the sidequests, and the the removal of branching and endings in the sidequests made replaying the game less worthwhile. It's dumb that they still have the loops however.
>>
>>330114094
They should have made the sidequests less tedious and tried to connect them better to the plot or at least build them up better.
>>
I lost interest in the sequel when they announced Edea was returning as a party member and she came with sidequests rehashing all the asterisk bosses we killed 5 times in the first game. So take your shit waifu and shit rehashed content and stuff it.
>>
>>330110531
>>330110660
>>330110760
this.

like honestly, how come i get a bad end for figuring out the twist on my own the second cycle?
how come i have the book where it says airy is evil, but none of them ever think about it?
why do i have to replay the same part of the game three times to get a twist i have already triggered?

fuck BD
>>
>>330114451
>fuck BD
I love BD but I've got to admit that the writing of the game is terrible. The story is bad and the characters are written horribly.

I don't know how they did it but they managed to even come up with worse writing in the sequel. I can't remember the last time a JRPG had a bigger fuckboy than Yew as protagonist.
>>
yew is basically tiz 2.0

Revo did more fitting music than Ryo, the only fitting one is the opening and that's stretching it because it really sounds more anime now

Writing resorts to anime cliches

sidequests don't have anything at all to do with the main plot but you still have to do them if you don't want to be underleveled
>>
I don't mind tiz, but I don't like yew for some reason.
I really miss ringabel in this game I know he returns, but I want him back as party member.
>>
>>330114847
>Writing resorts to anime cliches
It's so fucking bad. I'm at Eisen, and just sat through a festival and hot spring event.
Don't Japs ever get tired of seeing these situations over and over again?
On top of the terrible writing and lack of new/interesting shit, they decided to replace Ringabel with an even more beta Tiz.
Boring sidequests, most of the asterisks are rehashed exactly from the last game (including the holders).
I hope this lazy game flops hard in America.
>>
>>330115530
>even more beta Tiz

I guess they wanted to appeal to the average Japanese male. Little did they know that even Japanese teenagers prefer "cool" characters like Ringabel.
>>
>>330114239
I like Edea but holy fuck if the game would be much better with 2 new party members instead of Edea and Tiz.
>>
>>330114057
>>The Japanese also complained about the script containing too many memes.
I would call you out on this but it's actually true. I remember an interview where the one of the devs wanted the game to be as hard to localize as possible, so he shoved in some NicoNico memes and shit.
>>
>>330119050
What did the localization do with those shitty memes anyway? Swap them out like XSeed would do?
>>
>>330119050
Just read some Japanese reviews. Many people bring it up and complain about the internet lingo destroying the mood of the game.
>>
>>330110450
Because people are still burned out from the first one
>>
>>330119050
Also the game story is handled by different writers with clashing opinions between chapters so yeah it's a mess. I repeat that's a shame because the gameplay and job system is really solid.
>>
>>330110450
>can kill enemies using cats
>bad
Can I skip BD?
>>
Its a real shame, I love the gameplay mechanics of bd and bs (speeding up is a god send for grinding) but its story is such a low point. The rabid censoring in the second is irritating as well
>>
>>330110450

because Bravely Default actually sucked

i feel like people bought it because the market is very JRPG starved these days, and people see a traditional looking JRPG and jump right onto the train

everything about BD is average or mediocre as fuck. the most generic plot, the most generic characters, the worst designed dungeons and the most standard combat system (all defaulting did was make you guard for 3 turns before you braved 3 times to spam your best move 4 times in a row. wow it changed literally nothing and trivialized all random encounters cos you could one shot everything). there's the repeating stuff as well but let's not even mention that

the job system was interesting but required a lot of grinding and i have to admit the music wasn't too bad either.
>>
>>330119519
I haven't experimented too much with the Catmancer yet but I generally dislike the idea of using consumables instead of MP for Blue Magic. Also there seem to be a mere 13 or so blue magic spells. What's up with that?
>>
>>330119648

I really liked BD despite its flaws (the horrible writing in general). I love the gameplay, music, class system and artstyle (I actually prefer the concept art over the chibi artstyle but whatever).
>>
>>330110450

1st was released during a time with JROG drought and an aggressive marketing campaign by Nintendo. It was a decent game that started off well but shat itself near the middle and end.

Sequel never got pushed as hard, has to compete with other JRPGs and whose potential sales is getting cannibilized by Fire Emblem.
>>
The first game was good, great even
but then the last quarter happened

And then they said the second game would be reusing a lot of characters/classes/areas so that can kinda fuck off
>>
>>330119958
>whose potential sales is getting cannibilized by Fire Emblem.

How so? Nintendo made sure to avoid that. FE won't be out until May in Europe, and BS will release 2-3 months after FE in the States.
>>
>>330114057
>I meant that it recycles quite a lot of assets from Bravely Default
Kek, the Japanese title, Bravely Default: For the Sequel makes sense now.
>>
>buying weeb shit

Haha you fuckin nerds
>>
>>330120397
Shouldn't you be making angry posts about Federation Force right now?
>>
>>330110450
The repeating chapters turned me away from buying Bravely Second, I was originally going to look up whether or not BS repeats as well, to determine whether I'd buy it, but seeing that the world is the same with locations swapped around, I just said fuck it.
Another problem I had with BD was the fact that the endgame bosses on "hard" mode weren't actually hard, they just forced you to using a game breaking team in order to win.
Seriously, Airy taking first turn and wiping a Lv.99 party with the best equipment for 9999 damage with slaughter is just stupid.
>>
>>330121015
Yeah, that was kinda dumb. The "hard" boss fights became more about strategically using certain moves to avoid damage completely, because everything would one shot you anyway. Kind of limits your options.
>>
>>330121015
>>330110450
I did everything in BD except the extra dungeon and the true ending because I don't want to feel like a tool

I feel like everyone with a brain just spams Stillness -> burst -> Stillness and win pretty much everything, but aside from that I really liked the gameplay.

Was hoping BS had a better plot but after what I hear I guess I'm not buying it.
>>
>>330122164
>I feel like everyone with a brain just spams Stillness -> burst -> Stillness and win pretty much everything

There were dozens of ways to break the game and I loved the game for that.
>>
>>330110450
because the first one was a shit game hiding behind a fun demo
>>
>>330122342
they should make the boss have broken shit too
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.