[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's the deal, v I want to play SMM, but I heard some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: hero-mario.png (158 KB, 442x588) Image search: [Google]
hero-mario.png
158 KB, 442x588
Here's the deal, v

I want to play SMM, but I heard some whispers about a new Nintendon't console. Should I hold out, or should I get a WiiU now?
>>
Get a Wii U now. There's like 12 other good games for it without including SMM so it's a great purchase.
>>
>>330082863

To further this I'll list what I can off the top of my head

DKTF
SMW3D
SMM
Starfox (probably)
MH
MK
Pikmin
Smash
Xenoblade
W101
Bayo1/2
Splatoon
Yoshi's Wooly World
Hyrule Warriors
Pokken

All Exlcusive and all good.
>>
>>330083062
Hyrule Warriors is shallow as fuck.
Pokken is shit.
Bayonetta 1 came out on Xbox and PS3 last gen, so not exclusive.
MH3 is amazingly inferior compared to MH4, and soon MHX

Other than that yeah those are all decent exclusives
>>
>>330082863
>>330083062
First post best post, pretty solid list too.
>>
>>330083230

Bayo1/2 together as one is a Wii U exclusive though also let's be real the Bayo 1 on Wii U is definitely the definitive version.

Pokken isn't shit but it is to certain tastes (black weebs mostly amirite) Hyrule Warriors is exactly what you except from a warriors game?

I don't know enough about MH to argue that one.
>>
>>330083062
>Yoshi's Wooly World
>Hyrule Warriors
>Pokken
Barring these, it's a pretty solid list.
>>
>>330083418

Look I understand Hyrule and Pokken but Yoshi's Wooly World is 10/10 comfy fun awesome.
>>
>>330083365
only if you got it at launch. Bayonetta 2 does not come with Bayonetta 1 any more, you have to buy both seperately.

Pokken is a bad fighting game, especially compared to others on the market right now and others coming out soon.

Warriors games are shallow as fuck, and I wouldn't recommend ANY of them as a selling point for a console.

MH is great, but 3 is the only one on Wii U. The newer 3DS monster hunter games are 10x better.
>>
Stealth Mario Maker shilling thread!

Post your levels.
>>
>>330083062
>DKTF
Great
>SMW3D
Good or meh depending on your tastes
>SMM
Neat but not worth $60
>Starfox (probably)
Will likely be shit
>MH
Shit, just play 3DS version
>MK
Great
>Pikmin
Weakest entry in the series
>Smash
Mediocre
>Xenoblade
Haven't played
>W101
Overrated
>Bayo1/2
Haven't played
>Splatoon
Shit
>Yoshi's Wooly World
Kiddieshit
>Hyrule Warriors
Shit
>Pokken
Shit

I'm so fucking sick of the meme of the Wii U's library being amazing, it's not even close.
>>
>>330083635

Really? I didn't know they split them up that's kind of lame haha.

All fighting games are bad on the market right now.

Warriors games are never the selling point they are a great side game to pick up for minor fun.
>>
Get the wii u. Apparently the NX isn't anything like the wii or wii u so don't expect any backwards compatibility.
>>
>>330083675

This is the most invalid opinions this thread will see.

>being a 15 year old edgelord

Dude go to bed you got school in a few hours.
>>
>>330083230
I'm of the opinion that MH3U is vastly superior to 4U. I'm certainly an outlier on this subject but I think 4U is ultimately a lot less thoughtful and well put together than 3U in almost every regard, from novel mechanics to map design.
Really don't have much to say on those other games, but Bayo 2 is definitely a step up from Bayo 1 in terms of accessibility, not sure if that also suggests greater depth
>>
>>330083635
>Bayonetta 2 does not come with Bayonetta 1 any more
That's only true in the states
>>
File: 1432744092455.png (233 KB, 655x703) Image search: [Google]
1432744092455.png
233 KB, 655x703
>>330083830
Maybe instead of using some meme ad hominems to defend muh Wii U, you could try making a counterpoint
>>
>>330083752
Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear XRD are both god tier and the best fighting games we have seen in decades.
>>
>>330084195

Maybe instead of using reaction images you post well thought out posts.
>>
>>330083879
Well, I understand how it could be argued, but the increase in mobility really improves the game a lot, and I am of the opinion that underwater combat is a huge fucking mistake.
>>
>>330084351

But you're wrong. All fighting games suck right now. MK9 was the last good fighter in recent time.
>>
>>330084565

Nah I'm kidding Smash is the best fighter right now which is why it's sad because it's not even like other fighters and blows them out the water.
>>
>>330084458
Good counterpoint
>>
>>330082815

I hope amongst all the shitposting you actually got an answer.
>>
>>330082815

The Wii U is worth a purchase if you have the extra money. I have gotten enough out of it just with Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, Kirby Rainbow Curse and Virtual Console games. And I don't even have games like Splatoon, Bayonetta or Xenoblade.

I also am interested in Mario Maker. But I don't have the time to play games right now so I'm staying away on purpose.
>>
>>330083062
>Starfox (probably)
>(probably)
>>
>>330085380
It's not out yet so he obviously can't be certain if it's good.
>>
>>330085380

He might be hinting at it coming for the NX as well as Wii U. Which isn't confirmed but a high probability.
>>
>>330085380

I don't want to say it's good but at the same time I highly highly doubt that it's not worth the purchase.
>>
>>330085602
Nothing is coming for the NX. It's going to be a shit box.
>>
>>330084195
when you use a word such as kiddieshit to describe a game your opinions are invalidated.

Even if YWW is a kids game still fun and comfy as fuck
>>
>>330083062
Wind Waker HD is really good. It gets shit on for overusing bloom, but it really looks fucking amazing and i really like all the stuff they added (gamepad support, the red sail, hero mode).
>>
There's literally no reason why you should buy a Nintendo console that promotes region-locking and meme localization.

You want Super Mario Maker? Just download that Mario map editor in your shitty PC and play is in SNES emulator. You are NOT going to waste over $200 for a dying console. Buy yourself a 3DS or just throw your money away in the streets, it's better than buying a modern Virtual Boy that is Pii Eww
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>330086028
>>
>>330086028

God this is such a young persons/ poor persons point of view.

As if $200 for a gaming system with great games is "a waste" if you're not worthless you should buy every game/ system you have time for if this is your hobby.
>>
>>330085960
when you use a word such as comfy to describe a game your opinions are invalidated.
>>
I think they're getting closer to being able to emulate Wii U, so you're probably better off just getting a gaymen PC.
>>
>>330086492
Based reply.
>>
>>330086510

If you get upset at comfy being used to describe a game you're a 15 year old edge lord faggot.
>>
>>330086531
Yeah good luck getting anywhere with Splatoon, MM, online Sm4sh...really anything online in emulation sucks in my experience. It's great for singleplayer games but the Wii U focuses a lot of multiplayer
>>
>>330086603
If you get upset at kiddieshit being used to describe a game you're a 7 year old nintendrone faggot.
>>
>>330086703
>>330086510
you mad
>>
>>330086703

No one is upset your opinion just becomes invalid to people of intelligence.
>>
If NX isn't backwards compatable, I'm 90% certain they'll make a "Mario Maker 2" in the same way they made so many New Super Mario Bros sequels.
>>
Rule of thumb: don't buy a console until you have at least 4 games you want to purchase for it. No single game is worth getting a console just for.
>>
>>330086492
>As if $200 for a gaming system with great games is "a waste"
It is when this money could be used to buy other games or games on a console that isn't be pushed under the rug mid-gen for a new one. Fuck off you gay Nintenshill.
>>
>>330086492
>>330086559

This is why you'll never have any savings. It's always better to save money, even if you have disposable income. A Wii U and Mario Maker is probably not the best way to spend your money.
>>
>>330086847
Okay, have fun making Mario levels on your PC, I'm sure many will play then and share your levels with others :)
>>
>>330082815
Id wait for the NX announcement, then decide from there honestly. If its backwards compatible and coming out this year, or say Q1 of next year (not likely), then wait for it.
>>
>>330086831

Lol I'm a grown adult i can afford both and trust me i still haven't purchased a ps or xbox this generation yet because neither has enough good games yet. My pc 3ds and wii u cover everything right now.

>>330086847

I have plenty of savings if you think shorebirds $250 on a console (at launch so what like 3 years ago? ) is digging into savings you're retarded.
>>
>>330087153

Spending* sorry on mobile
>>
>>330087054

Why wait for another console and then you're playing alone?
>>
>>330083635
Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck. Shit. Ass. Is Wii u region locked? Like can a European copy work on an American Wii u? >>330083895

>>330082815
Ehhh, don't let the enthusiasm in this thread trick you into making a purchase you'll regret, these people are fanboying pretty hard. I'm the only person I've met irl that enjoys their Wii u, it's kind of a weak console and is about to have all it's support cut for the new system. Take a good look at its library and see what interests you. If it's just Mario maker you may want to wait for the NX to come out and the Wii u to price drop.

Wooly world, mario kart, tropical freeze, smash bros, and Mario 3d world are all fun with friends. If you don't have friends don't bother desu. Star Fox and bayonetta mite b cool, I haven't played them yet.

I really didn't like new super Mario bros or wonderful 101 despite liking other platformers and platinum games.

Pls don't attack me Nintendo friends, if it makes you feel better I like my Wii I better than my ps4 by a long shot. But don't kid yourselves that the Wii u is even slightly comparable to the gamecube.
>>
>>330087594
>if its backwards compatible

Read.
>>
How do you unlock stuff in Mario Maker?
>>
File: pjBueWN[1].png (3 KB, 172x106) Image search: [Google]
pjBueWN[1].png
3 KB, 172x106
>>330086847
>This is why you'll never have any savings.
>>
>>330087739

Backwards compatability only matters for single player. Why wait to fucking dive into the fray.
>>
>>330087626
The wii u(and 3DS) region locking is a bit weird.

Games and the gamepad are region locked. Peripherals(Amiibo, Controllers, fit meter, and circle pad pro) are not region locked.
>>
>>330086782
>If NX isn't backwards compatible
Well, it's almost a near certainty that the NX won't be running on PowerPC, so I don't think it will be unless Nintendo wants to bother doing it all through software.
>>
>>330087626
You say that as if it wasn't the point the previous posts implied anyway. It should be obvious to OP that buying a console for 1 game is dumb, so anons listed recommended games OP can look into.
>>
OP here

Those of you mentioning a 3DS, I already have one. I actually was able to mod it when it was vulnerable a couple of months ago, and I've pirated a shit ton of games.

I should probably throw Nintendon't some cash.
>>
>>330087772
Make levels. Or scum it and spam blocks and change the date to next day after eah unlock.
>>
>>330088061

I don't think anyone here has mentioned a 3ds over a wii u
>>
>>330087776
>2 deposits
Cool inheritance bro.
>>
>>330088182
These are only some of the ones I caught.

>Shit, just play 3DS version
>Buy yourself a 3DS or just throw your money away in the streets
>MH is great, but 3 is the only one on Wii U. The newer 3DS monster hunter games are 10x better.
>>
>>330088131
>>330087772
don't need to do the next day trick.

Create a level with 1 of every NEW element, test the level, then spam coins until you get the rush delivery message.

Repeat as necessary

It may take about 10 lines of coins to get the message
>>
>>330088292
You don't know how the site works. Not going to screenshot the whole thing but

>15k inheritance
lel

You must be poor or 12
>>
>>330088331
Didn't know that.

I just made levels normally, wanted to learn the mechanics of each asset and get comfy with making stuff.
>>
>>330087865
Fuck. Nintendo needs to stop with this shit. 2games for the price of one was the main selling point on bayo2 for me, I can't believe I missed it. Thanks for clearing all that up though, I was actually wondering about amiibo region locking earlier today

>>330088050
Yea I see some sensible people posted but I started making my post early on when all I was seeing was optimistic lists from fanboys (which is what suckered me into buying one. I don't regret the Wii u, but I definately regret the ps4. And the 3ds a bit. It's always good to think before you purchase, even if you have plenty of money)
>>
>>330088541
The very first post is pretty reasonable imo
>>
>>330088418
>LAWL U R POOR

Says the guy who had $10 in his bank account.
>>
>>330088796
>Says the guy who had $10 in his bank account.
Top line is savings, bottom line is checkings. Literally makes no difference if I move the money to the other account, so it's only the minimum in there
>>
>>330086028
Nobody buys Mario Maker because they want to make levels, anon. The appeal is having access to millions of levels over 10 of which are good made by more people than would ever use an unofficial romhack tool. It's not a system seller, but it's worthwhile if you already have a Wii U.
>>
>>330087839
Because it's cheaper. I don't really like Kerfuffle anyway.
>>
>>330090575
I bought it mostly to make and shill my own, but /v/ makes some pretty good levels sometimes.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.