[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to play this for the first time. Will I like it? Also should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: OoT3DS.png (3 MB, 1547x1376) Image search: [Google]
OoT3DS.png
3 MB, 1547x1376
About to play this for the first time. Will I like it?
Also should I use a guide/walkthrough so I don't miss items or go in totally blind?

What did you do your first playthrough?
>>
Maybe
Most people beat this game when they were prepubescent, you would have to be pretty awful to need a guide, there's not missable items of any real importance
I played the game like a normal person
>>
>>330074052
No you'll hate it fuck off now
>>
>>330074052
play without a guide on the first few play throughs.

Eventually you will want to collect everything so you're fine to look up skulltula locations and stuff.
>>
>>330074440
I fucked up you bitch
>>
>>330074052
Yes but you have to keep in mind it was revolutionary at the time and there was nothing like it. Without that context it isn't anything too special, but still a fun game with a good story and characters.

Do not guide it. Enjoy the game, even if you miss the optional stuff, it doesn't matter. Just play the game through once without any guide or anything. There isn't anything that is needed that you will miss, it's just optional shit like heart pieces, fairy upgrades, big goron sword etc.

After you're done that, then imo play Wind Waker if you have a Wii U, then MM, then TP
>>
>>330074052
it's a good game but if you go into it with the mindset of best game ever you will be dissapointed
>>
File: x-men_L03.jpg (76 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
x-men_L03.jpg
76 KB, 720x544
>>330074052
what do you mean will you like it? how would we know what you would like? these threads are so fucking stupid.

>hey guys just bought a new game should i play it now or will i not like it?

fuck off and play it or just fuck off all together.
>>
There's no need for a guide unless you're retarded or are going for the golden skulltula quest.
>>
File: Zelda_OOT_Censorship.jpg (406 KB, 2400x1544) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_OOT_Censorship.jpg
406 KB, 2400x1544
I hope you like censorship
>>
>>330074948
I still can't believe this game was rated E.

This game traumatized me when I was 8. Holy fuck.
>>
>>330074815
literally objectively this :3
>>
>>330074948
Wasn't the green blood in basically every release outside of Japan and the first American version
>>
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to go have fun now and play it without a guide or anything. I'm going to try searching everywhere so I don't miss that much.

Sorry I made a dumb thread guys. I always fuck up! Going to go enjoy this game now.

Oh also, does anyone with a New 3DS XL notice that the left circle pad feels sorta rough when I try turning it slightly in a direction. Really annoying! Feels like it needs WD40
>>
>>330075165
Yea
>>
>>330075165
Yes. He also did a nice job using green blood screenshots from the N64 version and claiming they're 3DS screenshots.
>>
No guide. Go in blind and figure shit out yourself.

It's the only way to play videogames correctly.
>>
>>330074686
>After you're done that, then imo play Wind Waker if you have a Wii U, then MM, then TP

Why WW before MM?

OP needs to play MM3D next, then WWHD and then TPHD.

But imo, he should also play A Link to the Past and then A Link Between Worlds, since both are connected.
>>
>>330075231
>Oh also, does anyone with a New 3DS XL notice that the left circle pad feels sorta rough when I try turning it slightly in a direction. Really annoying! Feels like it needs WD40

Never played the original 3DS, but yes, its kinda stiff. I find it hard to sneak on wild Pokemon on Alpha Sapphire because of the stiffness.
>>
>>330075796
Only reason being that if its OP's first time playing Zelda, the shift away from dungeons and a strong narrative, to a heavy emphasis on optional content, which fills in the story, might be jarring. I know it was for me when MM first came out, and I didn't end up playing it until years after it released.

I would actually go with OOT then TP because TP has a ton of connection to OOT in terms of story, as well as visual aesthetic.
>>
>>330074052
It's an old game so most people who played this remake were going off nostalgia and already knew where to go from playing it so many times. It's an enjoyable experience if you played the original.

If you never played the original before I think your enjoyment will depend on how much you like seeing new boss and dungeon designs and satisfaction from completing the (pretty easy) puzzles, unless you go for Master Quest straight after completing it. You should definitely go in blind though, half the fun is wondering around hyrule rolling and killing stalfos when you get stuck.
>>
>>330076407
The nostalgia of playing this the first time as a kid. It took me months to beat it completely blind. The first time I walked out of Temple of Time as adult link fucking scarred me so badly. I couldn't sleep for days.
>>
>>330074052
>being this underage
>>
>>330074948
You forgot the Islamic chants.
>>
File: 1433898775204.png (41 KB, 785x624) Image search: [Google]
1433898775204.png
41 KB, 785x624
>>330076579
How is someone playing OOT for the first time imply they are underage?

I have never played an MGS game so if tomorrow it's my first time playing MGS it doesn't imply anything, except that maybe I never bought sony consoles.

You're a retard.
>>
>>330076674
Because
>should I use a guide/walkthrough
for a video game from 1998, before the widespread proliferation of the internet. You're apparently unfamiliar with the concept of just being able to play a video game without a walkthrough, like an underage kid would be.
>>
>>330076972
I can guarantee that more than half the people who played Dark Souls for the first time used a walkthrough or some form a guide to help them through it.

Don't be stupid.
>>
There's no missable items. Only missable NPC convos and scenes.

Like if you run into Castle Town at night by entering as the bridges goes up, Malon will be singing in the town square. And you can walk around the backalley amd continue to listen to her sing.

However, this also glitches the guard that you can bribe (in every version of OoT) for various reasons until you've obtained her egg, leave, and come back.

People think Ocarina of Time is simple because MM hogs the spotlight on time-sensitive schedules, but OoT is also a powerhouse of immersion in other ways.

For instance the Happy Mask Shop was obviously supposed to be in Kakariko at one point but it was moved to Castle Town because your time-traveling hijinks make it more convenient to get masks depending on your destination there. They literally moved a shop and changed somewhere in Kakariko at the last moment because they realized it would be more comfy by the Temple of Time to make the player feel like they were prepping for a journey.
>>
>>330076485
The giant spider things (forget the names) used to terrify me as a kid so much that I couldn't complete the first dungeon when I was younger.
>>
>>330077037
Ah, yes, Dark Souls. A game that apparently also came out in 1998?
>>
>>330077817
Their names are Skulltulas and Skullwalltulas.

Also, OP don't be intimidated by those little tykes. They won't attack you if you just pause when they see you. They attack based on movement.

Also ReDeads are blind. Tip-tap slowly around them and they won't touch you.
>>
>>330074052
Some stuff gets a little obscure around the third area, so don't worry about looking up some help around Zora's Domain.

The infamous Water Temple is much better in this one since the Iron Boots are assigned to a button.
>>
>>330078835
By "help" I mean the Sheikah Stones in the game.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.