[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when is Capcom gonna stop releasing enhanced ports of a 12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: 61075FW7M6L._SX425_.jpg (68 KB, 296x424) Image search: [Google]
61075FW7M6L._SX425_.jpg
68 KB, 296x424
So when is Capcom gonna stop releasing enhanced ports of a 12 year old PS2 game with increasingly more retarded subtitles and numbering and make a real sequel?

Do you think they are afraid to fuck around too much with what they got because even they don't understand why people like this bullshit?
>>
>>330073378
I take it you never played the first Monster Hunter. It was pretty different.
>>
>>330073378
Have you played them?
>>
File: Paintball has worn off.gif (155 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
Paintball has worn off.gif
155 KB, 241x182
>>330073378
Do you know what makes people like it?
>>
>>330073730
different how?

because it took them what? 4 sequels before the put online play back in?

>>330073751

Ive played the PS2 one a couple PSP ones the Wii and WiiU versions of 3 and 4 on 3DS.

I don't know how anyone can say that it has progressed as a series proportionally to how many games they have made. I gaurenfuckingtee there are still assets and code from the PS2 game in every version they made.
>>
Please tell me, what would you expect from a Monster Hunter sequel, OP?
>>
>>330074321
Can you be more specific over what you think has remained the same
>>
File: 1452525419811.jpg (212 KB, 737x786) Image search: [Google]
1452525419811.jpg
212 KB, 737x786
>>330074321
Even compared between 1st and 2nd generation there's a ton of differences, more notably in the smaller mechanics instead of big sweeping changes.

As for assets and code, everything got touched over and redone since Tri. But of course an animation skeleton is an animation skeleton. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The game is far more about sticking to the formula while iterating and polishing the features, if it was something different every time it probably wouldn't have the same following since you'd have to relearn the game with each release.
>>
>>330074480
These games have spanned 3 generations of consoles and 2 handheld generations and it at no point does it appear that anyone at Capcom said "Hey, lets throw out what we got and make a new engine and use new assets and make something more modern".

The Wii U version looks no better than Monster Hunter 2 running on an emulator

They should have at least figured out a way to have larger more cohesive areas not section of into rooms the size of a one bedroom apartment at this point. Not to mention that 90% of the monsters look like they took models from the PS2 game and said "change the color and throw more spikes and shit on it and we are good". Thats why people freak out whenever a trailer shows something that inst a dinosaur or dragon because it means that someone at Capcom actually got off their lazy asses
>>
>>330075380
You're still being intentionally vague. You're also wrong about the closed spaces.

You haven't played a single game, have you?
>>
File: Monster-Hunter-tri-618x347.jpg (59 KB, 618x347) Image search: [Google]
Monster-Hunter-tri-618x347.jpg
59 KB, 618x347
>>330075557
It's most likely.

Considering they did the exact thing he's complaining about with Tri.
>>
File: MH1 vs 3.jpg (472 KB, 1861x585) Image search: [Google]
MH1 vs 3.jpg
472 KB, 1861x585
>>330075380
>The Wii U version looks no better than Monster Hunter 2 running on an emulator
>>
>>330075557
Have you? I admit I haven't played every single one but I have played a bit on every console they released them on. And I cant remember any of them having a large hunting are be completely seamless and without loading screens.

I mean for fuck sake we've had completely seamless open world games since before the first monster hunter. And come on nobody actually enjoys the PS2 era jankiness of these games.
>>
>>330075380

Areas in 4 are a lot bigger in general than they used to be. They also make used of vertical space a lot better. There are new weapon types, and plenty of new mechanics.

Honestly, what do you suggest they do?
>>
>>330076232
truly 11 years of progress, when I cant even tell which one is suppose to be the new one.
>>
>>330076419
>And come on nobody actually enjoys the PS2 era jankiness of these games.
The sales say otherwise. Sorry if that bothers you.
>>
>>330076419
There's a reason for segmented zones.

If you're ever played online you'll notice that MH has a pretty damn good set up in that you have to have incredibly bad internet to get it to reliably lag.
And even then all the hits are still client-side to ease on the load more.

I'd far and away prefer zones to Lag Souls style fights.
>>
>>330076419
Please no. Someone running away for infinity would make it unbearable. See God Eater for why it's a bad idea for MH.
>>
>people want to 'fix' what isn't broken

There's plenty of other MonHun type games out there, but it's gonna be rough for a series that is primarily in handhelds to ever leave them or advance too far each iteration. This is one of Capcoms money makers and they'd be stupid to fuck with the formula.
>>
>>330076645
People tolerate that shit because of the satisfying co-op, preparation/execution and tactics and amount of content. If anyone has disliked even a single monster hunter game they aint gonna like any of them. The games make money because they dont cost shit to make because the two most expensive aspects of game devlopment are asset generation and engine development, and they use the same assets and the same engine every fucking game.
>>
>>330073378
At first, i was just gonna enjoy the fuck out of MHX. Now i'll also masturbate while thinking of you being assblasted, OP.
>>
>>330077165
And?

They create new assets and monsters each time, attempt to balance weapons, and improve on the base mechanics (glorious continuous carve/gather in MHX).

So why reinvent the wheel each time for extra time and money when no one cares?
>>
File: fluffy.webm (3 MB, 640x339) Image search: [Google]
fluffy.webm
3 MB, 640x339
>>330073378
Why do you keep on making these threads?
>>
>>330077165
come on, you know you want to say it, do it
>>
>>330076926
This.

Also they experiment with games like dragons dogma and deep down. Taking what they've learned from mohun and applying it to other games.
>>
>>330077427
They probably have stock "generic great sword" and "dragon looking-thing" meshes that the build new models off of at this point, thats not real asset generation.

I guess the point would be to make a game that sells a few million copies instead of a few hundred thousand. but I guess I agree that you should expect companies that care more about there bottom lines than product quality to do anything unless they see a clear finical incentive
>>
File: 49660469_p16_master1200.jpg (242 KB, 1175x774) Image search: [Google]
49660469_p16_master1200.jpg
242 KB, 1175x774
>>330078004
I'm still not clear on what you actually want.

Do you want each individual weapon to animate differently?
So Teo Del Sol to move in a different way than the base one?
And in doing so completely break the pace and progress of the game where you with every upgrade you have to relearn how everything works?
And how is Gore not a completely new model and asset?

And even then, why should they take your advice when 4U has sold multiple millions already?
>>
>>330078629
And you will never understand what OP means, anon. He just want to bitch like the little bitch he is. Just go back to /mhg/ where they actually enjoy videogames (usually, at least).
>>
File: mh.png (110 KB, 674x1847) Image search: [Google]
mh.png
110 KB, 674x1847
>>
File: 1452209938943.jpg (37 KB, 318x352) Image search: [Google]
1452209938943.jpg
37 KB, 318x352
>>330079335
>Many of the characters are promoting the "alternative lifestyle"

The fishing village ass-less chaps strike again.
>>
no room?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.