[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save the party fighter genre from the try hards, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
How do we save the party fighter genre from the try hards, /v/?
>>
>>330060047
We need to save it from Sakurai first.
>>
>>330060047
>having a high skill ceiling affects the casual players
>>
>>330060047
You don't, there are tryhards on every genre, and if you pick Palutena's Temple I'm going to strangle your balls.
>>
File: 52IifMy_1_-2-2.png (44 KB, 162x167) Image search: [Google]
52IifMy_1_-2-2.png
44 KB, 162x167
>>330060047
Sakurai is cute, CUTE!
>>
It's already been saved, Tr4sh sucks and is having its entry cap at Pound 6 lowered to make room for more Melee. Sakurai won.
>>
tripping
>>
File: Snrub.jpg (28 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Snrub.jpg
28 KB, 500x376
I say we add things like combos, advanced movement and balancing characters around 1 v 1 situations.
>>
Casuals don't give a shit about requiring advanced techniques. They just care if the game is fun. Making the game slow on purpose is retarded cause casuals also like fast gameplay.

I was a casual and couldn't stand Brawl.
>>
>>330065704
Have you ever made a game?
>>
>>330066435
>casuals also like fast gameplay.
Why does F-Zero sell like shit and Mario Kart sell like hotcakes then?
>>
>>330061994
It intimidates casual players once they know it exists. That's why both Street Fighter and Tekken are trying to lower their skill ceilings.
>>
>>330066656
Because guess which one still gets games made for?
Besides, everyone loves the F-Zero tracks in MK8 and 200cc.
>>
>>330066656
cause you missed clause number 1, game wasn't fun for them

with Melee, casuals can have fun with items
>>
File: kekamoto.gif (871 KB, 385x354) Image search: [Google]
kekamoto.gif
871 KB, 385x354
>>330067076
>Because guess which one still gets games made for?
because it sold like shit in the first place, that's why they stopped making it
>Besides, everyone loves the F-Zero tracks in MK8 and 200cc.
>200cc
>fast gameplay
>>
>>330067452
it may not be DS snaking fast, but it's faster than the average Mario Kart game
>>
>>330060047
(Laughs)
>>
>>330066656
But having Nintendo characters have fast battles fulfill the autistic normie DBZ fantasies.
>>
>>330060047
New power stone
Or make a completely broken game, so broken that it balances itself out
>>
>>330060047
The goal of a fighting game is to win. What's wrong with it being competitive therefore making it actually possible to be better than other people.
>>
>>330060047
You add options so try hards can play the way they want and you can play the way you want. No need to exclude or alienate anyone.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.