[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yo dawg we heard you like swords What is the appeal of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: meme blade.jpg (182 KB, 1465x824) Image search: [Google]
meme blade.jpg
182 KB, 1465x824
>yo dawg we heard you like swords

What is the appeal of this weapon?
>>
>>330055718
it was really OP on release
>>
I can one shot invaders with it.
>>
Well, many people like using straight swords and greatswords
>>
Stunlock for days ma nigga
>>
i have no idea and i can't use it effectively for the life of me.

i started playing this game with the TC and now it's all i can use.
>>
>>330055989
The only real way to use the sword is R2 on transform
>>
>>330056319
>Stabbin niggas before they're in range
>Slam down on their heads while they're staggered

The 'ol 1-2 is so satisfying
>>
i know it's a meme weapon and it doesn't even have such a good moveset, but holy fucking shit to i fucking love giant ass swords, there are like a trillion polearms in bb but that is the only greatsword, why from?
>>
>>330056793
There are 2 GS anon, and even though the moveset is shit >>330056439 More than makes up for it in damage.
>>
>>330057108

moonlight greatsword doesn't count, it ain't pure physical
>>
>>330055989
stop locking onto your target, charge r2 pointing away from foe then turn toward them at the last second for easy one shots. Never use l1 attacks, just l1 directly into r1.
>>
Best STR weapon before DLC
>>
>>330056439
Fuck yea. Charge R2 is almost OP and super fun.
>>
>>330057271

can i sidestep without lock-on?
>>
Holy shit do you guys just suck with greatswords?

Maybe I am biased cause in DeS I did multiple Meat Cleaver/ DBS runs and in the Dark Souls games I always to handed greatswords, but this sword in BB is by FAR my favorite weapon in the game, and probably the best greatsword in all of the games. It's just got the best move sets of all of them. Great wide swings, an effective lunge, and solid pokes and charge attacks. I fucking love this weapon and its the only one I use in the game. Using any other weapon just feels inefficient to me.
>>
>>330055718
Is this shopped?
The chromatic aberration is killing me
Jesus it's as bad as LiS
>>
>>330055718
>Fextralife

Can we please just stop using that shitty fucking wiki that's named after a milkshake protein blend of cum, c'mon guys psssshhhh
>>
I love that explosion the MGS does when you de-trick it in a combo.
>>
>>330057612
i honestly think chromatic abberation is this gen's meme filter.

last gen it was brown and bloom. in a couple year's time we're gonna look back at all these next gen games and think 'what the fuck were they thinking?'
>>
File: 1445041831901.png (63 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1445041831901.png
63 KB, 220x200
>ludwig shitter invades
>glorious parry 1 shot the shitter with based god rakuyo

literally pls get gud ludwig shitters
>>
>>330057612
Yeah sorry
>>
Good damage and a good moveset. not much else to it.
>>
>>330055718
It stunlocks like a mother fucker.
>>
>>330057804
I'm already doing it
Seriously stop it it's fucking hideous
At least brown and bloom was somewhat of an artistic direction, being gritty and more "mature", CA is just eye cancer
>>
>>330057848
>rakuyo

Glad to see we have a REAL gentleman in this thread *tips fedora towards you*
>>
>>330057848
>shits on ludwig's
>plays with rakuyo
hehe nuthin personl kid
>>
File: 1456800984336.png (1 MB, 2454x2138) Image search: [Google]
1456800984336.png
1 MB, 2454x2138
>>330058129

only in honor of my sweet waifu :^)
>>
>>330057804
I respectfully disagree.

Brown and bloom looked shitty in screenshots, and shitty in-game. CA looks fine (good, even) in motion. It might look just as bad as excessive bloom does in a still picture but I think during gameplay, with everything moving around, CA can be a pretty nice effect.

Plus, so far, it's only been in like two games. I actually can't name one other than BB so i'm just hedging my bets
>>
People like big swords and it's practically one of the only legit quality build weapons.
>>
>>330058427
it's been in a shit ton of games.
>>
>>330055718
>What is the appeal of this weapon?
a sword that turns into another sword, perhaps?
>>
>>330057525
Nah nothing will ever beat the Meat Cleaver.

>awesome moveset
>awesome design
>fucking lifesteals
>scales in amazing ways that allow for a good variety of builds

I have a hard time playing DeS without it. It's just too satisfying.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.