[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New MMO is announced >THIS GAME WILL SAVE MMOS AND KILL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1455884457014.jpg (31 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
1455884457014.jpg
31 KB, 600x462
>New MMO is announced
>THIS GAME WILL SAVE MMOS AND KILL WOW AND REDEFINE THE GENRE AND SET THE BAR AND BE SANDBOX AND HAVE THE BEST PVE AND TRUE ACTION COMBAT AND SKILL BASED PVP AND BRING WORLD PEACE AND END WORLD HUNGER AND GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED AND SEND SUPER MODELS TO YOUR HOUSE TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
>It's a garbage, soulless cash grab that does nothing new and has none of the promised groundbreaking features
>Dead within a month, free to play within a year (if it wasn't already a free to play, pay to win fuckfest)
>CHECK OUT THIS NEW MMO IT WILL SAVE MMOS AND KILL WOW AND REDEFINE...

How many times has this happened now? How many times are people going to fall for it?

You think people might have learned after GW2, but nope people bought into ArcheAge and now they're buying into BDO.

When will it end?
>>
More people than ever have internet access
A sizable portion of those people are brain dead with credit cards

Statistically you cannot ever lose money on any f2p game
>>
>buying into korean garbage
>expecting them to be anything other than shitty grindfests with some garbage pvp thrown in
>ever
>>
You can't save MMOs. The only thing that made them good was community

People will never accept they are the ones at fault.
>>
>>330053735

You say that like there aren't tons of people on 4chan that aren't playing BDO right this second.
>>
>>330053936
This so much. I bought ESO a couple of months back and its so boring and repetitive but just running around questing with people and trading makes it fun
>>
>>330053210
WoW was facebook for nerds. You played it cuz friends and social interaction, it was a glorified chatbox.

Every other game fails at this, because they never realized this is why people play it and wow is losing subs because they don't realize everything they do makes players less and less connected.
>>
>>330054201
>WoW
>For nerds
Let me stop you right there m8
>>
>>330054201
Check out this underage
Warcraft was huge while spybook was just a start up company
>>
>>330053210
Who gives a fuck if a new MMO kills WoW? Blizz did a good job of that themselves. I just want something different and interesting, but fucking WoWfags bitch and complain and try to shoehorn old shitty ass mechanics into every fucking new MMO that comes out.
>>
File: Crowfall_TemplarPreview[1].jpg (581 KB, 1600x1014) Image search: [Google]
Crowfall_TemplarPreview[1].jpg
581 KB, 1600x1014
>>330053210
Im actually excited about Crowfall
Cuz it isnt marketing fucking pve
>>
>>330053210
>went to the website to buy Black Desert
>"Sorry, this product is unavailable to your country"
>Huh
>Goes to /v/ a few weeks ago, someone show how hard it flopped on korea despite the hype
Saved my money, thanks developers.
>>
>>330055353
You can't just blame WoWfags when creators are also to blame for wanting to emulate the most successful, not saying best, MMO out there.

I'm looking at you, Heavenshills.
>>
>>330054992
>>330054462
Calm down kiddos, i played and raided vanilla to completion. Wow was very much a social networking platform.
>>
>>330055486

>Kikestarter MMO that promises that it's going to be different because of it's amazing unique features

IT'S LIKE FUCKING POETRY
>>
>>330055486
So wait. If it isn't marketing PvE, what if it? An arena game?
>>
>>330055961
>>330055853

Its a mix between an arena game and an rpg.
Its not ASSFAGGOTS.
You kill people and mobs on a map that should last like a month, and you gear up loot and shit.
The world ends, and you get stuff for your castle and land and further heroes or something.
>>
>>330055486
I would be but I remember the dev cycle for Shadowbane and the game's release. Five years just for it to show up and shit the bed. Took a year and a new dev team, thanks to Ubisoft of all fucks, to get the game remotely playable.
>>
>>330055796
>social networking for nerds
>>
File: the brink.jpg (37 KB, 613x422) Image search: [Google]
the brink.jpg
37 KB, 613x422
>>330056121

That's just what this thread is about?

How many fucking MMOs have promised this innovative, fresh gameplay before? How many have woven tales about how different and unique their game is going to be? And most importantly, how many have actually delivered?

Why are you getting hyped for another lie? Just how many more times are you going to fall for it?
>>
>>330053210
The only ones who can kill WOW are the decision-makers at Blizzard, because no matter how bad it gets there will be stubborn-assed people hanging on to it until the day the last server goes down for fear of all the time they spent on it being for nothing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.