[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On June 14, at an independent conference, Valve will announce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 3.png (29 KB, 790x300) Image search: [Google]
3.png
29 KB, 790x300
On June 14, at an independent conference, Valve will announce HALF-LIFE for the Vive. HALF-LIFE is a VR reboot of the popular Half-Life game series.

Retailing for 59.99, HALF-LIFE will be a digital-only, Vive-exclusive reimagining of Half Life; Half-Life 2: Episode One; Half-Life 2: Episode Two; and the widely anticipated conclusion to the Half-Life series, "Half-Life 3".

HALF-LIFE will be released on December 2, 2016.
>>
>>330051909

Source?
>>
>>330051909
>no source
>>
>Valve
>Even acknowledging the words 'Half' and 'Life'
>>
Even if I did believe you, why should I?
>>
File: m1mE284.jpg (1 MB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
m1mE284.jpg
1 MB, 800x1200
>>
>>330051909
>Valve ruins half life 3 by putting it behind a 700 dollar pay wall
>Valve goes from selling hats for virtual reality games
>To selling games for virtual reality hats

Makes sense.
>>
File: 1457267139072.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457267139072.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
>>330051909
nope.

http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-writer-says-half-life-3-will-not-be-a-vr-game/
>>
I could see them adding VR to the Orange Box titles but then that would get "WHERES THREE?".
So they probably won't.
>>
>>330051909
Traditional FPS don't really work well in VR. I played HL2 with the oculus and while stuff flying at you was a pretty cool effect, but you move too fast and unnaturally which made you instantly sick to your stomach.
>>
>>330051909
>platform exclusive games
>OS exclusive games
>hardware exclusive game

Fucking kill me. Imagine only being able to play the sequel to the famed Chrono Trigger but only if you use a Playstation with a Win 10 OS and a Oculus Rift with a MadCatz controller and if you're missing any of these things, you can't play the game.

These people need to fuck off right to hell where they belong.
>>
>>330051909
Nice post underage
>>
>>330052708

>salty over a piece of tech no one has seen yet from the consumer side

Makes sense
>>
>>330052975
I never even thought of motion sickness being a thing. I mean it makes sense but i never would have thought it to be such an immersive experience.

This makes for a little interesting read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_sickness
>>
>>330052823

Valve staff is not allowed to comment on Half-Life. They're instructed that they should say "no" (or the equivalent) to every question regarding Half-Life.

A writer does not determine which games Valve will work on or which games will use VR.
>>
>>330053219
How is that salty? I mean i don't believe bait OP but even if we were to entertain the idea putting a game behind a 700 dollar pay wall would be incredibly shitty thing to do.

That's not including the cost of a good enough computer to handle it.

At this rate i fear VR is dead in the water except for people that reeeaaalllyyy reeeeaaaallllyyy want to and can afford it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.