[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We recommend each other games I'll start. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
ITT: We recommend each other games

I'll start. What are some games that have very fun/satisfying/visceral combat or game mechanics while also having very involved and rewarding skill trees to progress through.

Examples: Dying Light, Destroy all Humans, Shadow of Mordor.
>>
I hated that bridge mission at nighttime. Climbing that thing made my hands sweat so bad
>>
>>330049297

Me too. just as much if not more than those videos of the electricians climbing the poles.

Dying Light really is one of the best AAA games to come out in the last couple of years.
>>
File: 01.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>330048787
Destory all humans was my JAM
>>
I liked dying light until virals kept spawning out of no where. Shit is annoying. 6 at a time every two minutes even without making noise.
>>
>>330049978

Dying Light is interesting to be because it has a strong sense of danger in the beginning, especially from virals. But as you progress, the skill tree is so powerful that you actually have tons of tools to deal with them without even using your weapon.

After you get the ground stomp perk, you literally just get to anywhere higher than them, wait till they grab the ledge to climb, and instakill them with a stomp.

Not only that, but I believe more spawn later in the day as compared to the morning-time, but I could be wrong about that.

Interesting game though, I'd take another whack at it if that's what you didn't like.
>>
>>330050252
I might do that. I need something until ds3 comes out anyway. I've been looking on the ps store and nothing grabbed me.
>>
File: 2016-03-06_00079.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-06_00079.jpg
529 KB, 1920x1080
It's buggy, missing some content, but better than minecraft if you want to just build shit without being limited by a single shape, and want to build and sculpt terrain and objects with voxels. Theres also a world generator option that is a normal non-voxel based world that you can build in.

Blockscape
>>
>>330048787
Can you survive on that bridge or is it easy for the enemy to reach you at night?

I kinda want to try Dying Light because I like the idea of surviving in a city in daytime and hiding out, retreating at night where its dangerous to roam.

Can you play the game where you are not an all powerful zombie killer and have to really think about every encounter and have a good plan if they breach your base?

How is the AI at nighttime, does it actively try to break into your base or can you hide from it with no lights and activity and try to live out the nights like that?
>>
>>330050587
Hey friend, I've got a special deal for ya
>>
>>330048787
Exanima for the fun and satisfying combat mechanics part, though no skill tree
>>
>>330050891
I didn't get very far into the game but they don't go into safe zones.
>>
>>330048787
>Destroy all Humans
I loved that game so much, too bad I have neither a PS2 or the game with me in college
>>
>>330051070
I've seen Examina webms around here, they always look like good fun, I'll have to play it eventually
>>
>>330051304
It lacks content but the combat system is innovative and top notch
>>
File: Demi Fiend.jpg (140 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
Demi Fiend.jpg
140 KB, 499x750
SMT: Nocturne

One of the best games on the PS2, is a JRPG when you battle and recruit demons, while at the same time, have your way with god.

Story is simplistic yet deep and atmospheric.

Combat forces you to focus on enemy weaknesses.

Party members are obtained by recruiting demons via random encounters, where you have to negotiate with them.

Also features Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
>>
>>330050891

It doesn't fit all of your criteria exactly, but to be honest, this is the closest a game has ever come to capturing the feeling you're talking about.

The game has a hard mode and nightmare mode, both alter the gameplay in interesting and sometimes subtle ways (flashlight dimming and turning off on its own). And you generally have to be very careful, and the night time is basically a stealth game because of how powerful and fast the night time enemies are.

It's still not the perfect survival game, but I strongly urge you to at least pirate it, because I was looking for a game like this for a LONG time.
>>
File: (protect earth).png (26 KB, 120x185) Image search: [Google]
(protect earth).png
26 KB, 120x185
>>330048787
TW101 had some fucking great combat, probably one of the best I've seen in a platinum game
The serious sam games also have pretty fun combat even if the enemies seem to never end, and they're fun as hell to coop
>>
>>330048787

Holy shit I thought that was a still from those crazy Russian urban climbing videos.

Is dying light any good?
>>
>>330051463
Thanks anon, I'm gonna pirate it and check it out, if it has a satisfying amount of the kind of experience I'm looking for, without feeling tedious or forced or whatever, then I might buy it too.
>>
>>330051493
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>330051496

Judging by the thread it's pretty great, but don't take their word for it, the enhanced edition just came out and you can get a nice tidy torrent with all the DLC on TPB.
>>
>>330051493
>>330051629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydxIeO-2C2M
>>
>>330051493
I've seen a fair amount of posts praising W101 recently.

I think I'm about to cave in, dammit.
>>
>>330048787
Vermintide

Seriously, the melee combat is great.
>>
>>330051493
>>330051867
I'm considering buying a WiiU just for Bayonetta 1+2. It's just so expensive for merely two games...
>>
War of the Monsters
Do you want to be a Japanese super robot gone rogue? You can be that.
Do you want to play an unholy fusion of Baraka and Godzilla and slice up lame giant bugs? You can do that.
Do you want to humiliate your friends and become the alpha kaiju? You can do that.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>330049297
Jesus Fuck
I have horrible acrophobia
But that rush while climbing, damn. And I though I dont feel anything anymore while gaming
>>
Spellsworn

Do you know the Warlock custom map from War3?
It's exactly like that.
It's planned release is around August, but it's only 5 Eur on Steam right now so whatever, give it a try, refund if you don't like it.
please, I want people to play with and not 1k ping russians ;_;
>>
>>330051579
Just dont expect any interesting endings.
The DLC one really shat the bed with it.
>>
File: Virgin_Victory.png (232 KB, 560x275) Image search: [Google]
Virgin_Victory.png
232 KB, 560x275
>>330051967
>>330051867
don't buy it for just one game. it's got way more than bayo. Get TW101 if you're into action games, XBX if you're into open worlds on A DIFFERENT PLANET but definitely find at least 5 games you really want to play before spending 300 bucks on a console
although IMO Xenoblade and TW101 made it worth the buy for me, they were both such excellent fucking games
>>
>>330052473
It's the same thing with most consoles, each one has got like 2 or 3 games I'd be interested in, but not enough to make me actually buy it. That's true for current gen, last gen, even fucking handhelds. Developers should go fucking all out and make games for everything, fuck exclusivity. Seriously.
>>
>>330052814
with the way game budgets are getting bigger and bigger it costs more and more money to keep something exclusive though, its the sad reality of it. Consoles can't have completely different libraries anymore unless the manufacturer has a ton of third parties under its belt and a decent lineup of first parties as well. Although considering the NX is gonna get announced most likely before the end of the year, I can imagine the wii u will get a price drop
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.