[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell do you beat this dude? I've never had this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 7
File: SotFS_Raime.jpg (2 MB, 1428x820) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Raime.jpg
2 MB, 1428x820
How the hell do you beat this dude? I've never had this much trouble on any boss from DeS, DaS, DaS2, or Bloodborne. Did they intend you to use summons for this fight or am I just missing something?
>>
>>330040094
You're missing the part where you have to get good.

Did you kill the red things outside his arena?
>>
>>330040094
You dodge his attacks and attack until his hp reaches to 0.
>>
My friend beat him in a few tries, but can't beat Cleric Beast in Bloodborne. Confuses me.
>>
git gud
>>
>>330040094
>summon players
>beat him
Wow. So hard!
You can telegraph is whole move set with just one fight. The only thing you have to worry about is the shitty hitboxes.
>>
>>330040094
It's one of the "dodge his attack chains and hit it once" bossfights.
>>
>>330040094
DLC bosses awere obviously designed for co-op, but you can beat them alone too.
>>
>>330040417
I can beat Fume Knight easily but still can't beat Capra Demon and the Stray Demon/Firesage Demon consistently.
>>
it's easy
>get Drakekeeper's greataxe
>2 hand it
>win
>>
When he does the extremely broad, slow swing, you have to dodge INTO the flames, don't try roll away because it WILL catch you.
>>
Make sure to go around and break the red things.
And then when you actually fight fumey, you pretty much have to get the feel for dodging his swings.

And then on the second phase don't let him getting extra aggressive get to you.
Don't ankle bite because he dark spheres will fuck you.
Do what you did on the first phase but faster. And when you see his animation start for the spheres. Roll back as fast as possible.

Will take a few tries
Gl
>>
>>330040691
Interesting how we all have different bosses that give us trouble.
>>
>>330040584
>He doesn't solo everything his first run
Maximum scrub
>>
>Need 30 dex to use Fume UGS
For what pupose
>>
It's all about knowing the timing of his attacks, the reason I had trouble with him is his timing and follow up attacks took a few tries to learn.

Be patient, he doesn't leave many openings so it will be a longer fight
>>
Smelter demons are much worse.
>>
>>330040937
>he doesn't DEX
>>
>>330040863
>he doesn't use the game's mechanics
There's a reason why you get NPC summons. I bet you think summoning Tarkus, Solaire, and Lautrec is bad on a first run.
>>
>>330041061

Not even close
>>
>>330040094
Take off your armor and only dodge, I beat him using a zweihander, instead of the 20 times I tried before using dexter weapons
>>
>>330041103
That's right, I don't, because I'm not a scrub faggotlord gay homosexual
>>
>>330040094
Did you level ADP?
You didn't, did you?
>>
>>330040094
He looks so stupid
>>
>>330041171
Of course it is, because you won't learn anything if you rely on summons to help you every time. Knowing how to deal with the bosses or enemies pressure is the easiest way to learn how to beat them quicker. It's much harder to learn if the boss constantly switches targets.
>>
>>330041171
It is.
The game gives you a shit ton of lifegems, doesn't mean you should pop those like DeS grass too.

If you can't solo every boss you should stop.
>>
>>330040094
For his first phase, stays close to his left side, as he will only be able to damages you with his big sword, and each of the moves he has for it are very telegraphied.
>>
>>330040094
No.
Don't fucking meme me.
Paarl is way harder and possibly some other Bloodborne bosses because I haven't gotten past him yet.
>>
>>330041259
*unsheathes katana* take that back
>>
Get 100 AGI and don't miss your dodges.
>>
>>330040094
Having a good amount of agility points helps a lot anon.
>>
>>330041061
I still don't know what people's issues with the Smelter Demon are. Smelter Demon (red & blue) are some of the only bosses I've never died to. I almost always die the first time I challenge a boss too. I've run through strength, dex fairy,quality,hex,and faith builds and have never had a problem
>>
>>330041480
How about I take my dick back into your mouth instead
>>
I beat him on my first try while my gf was sucking my dick. Get Good!
>>
>>330040094
Where is that guy? I am 40-50 hours into this game and haven't seen him.

He can't be worse than the pure distilled cancer that was the ancient dragon
>>
>>330041575
I had a lot of troubles consistenly dodging his swipes. When he simply tried a poke or jumped through the air I was generally able to dodge, but I could get fucked over by a messed up dodge and he doesn't really have any clear openings to drink some Estus besides his jump attack.
>>
>>330041395
Nah it's just tedious. The fume knights move set is so simple that I had him down after the first fight.
>>330041407
>PLAY THE GAME I PLAYED IT OR DONT PLAY AT ALL
>>
>>330040094
Wear Velstadt's armor and you only have to deal with the slower second moveset.
>>
>>330041735
I also beat him on my first try while your gf was sucking my dick. Maybe we're long lost brothers or something
>>
>returned to ds2 after around 1000 hours in bb
>killed this guy in one attempt with no problem at all
As long as you roll through his blade in opposite direction when he does sweeps and punish him in a back a few times, he can't fucking do anything to you. Seriously, even though he's obviously the best DS2 boss he's fucking primitive overall, the only dangerous thing about him is his immense damage output in second phase.
>>
>>330041768
Literally how do people have trouble with ancient dragon?
>>
>>330041965
All the bosses in DaS2 are primitive in comparison to BB. They move so fucking slow and have about 3 different attacks. It's almost comedic.
>>
>>330042028
They didn't get the Flame Quartz Ring +3 and/or don't know about Flash Sweat. Even then, the shockwaves can get pretty retarded
>>
>>330040094
I actually beat him on my first time
Alonne took few tries though
I don't know, after beating one Souls game the difficulty drops for the rest a lot. Learn to dodge I guess.
>>
In the first phase, only attack after he swings the greatsword. Make sure to dodge through his swing, not away from it.

In the second phase, respect the fact that he can--and WILL--extend nearly every combo if you get too greedy. The safest times to attack him are after he does a running thrust, and after the powered-up sweep attack. Any other time, if you think he's open to hit, he almost certainly is not. Try to stay a medium distance away from him, in order to encourage the AI to use the charging thrust more often, as that's an easy attack to dodge and counterattack through. Do NOT bite his ankles because his AI gets extremely aggressive when you're close.
>>
>>330042216
Alonne was way more difficult for me too. The long runback makes it a really difficult fight to practice for, and he has all sorts of timing shenanigans, so your reactions have to really be stellar if you want to beat him without summoning help.
>>
>>330042132
>Get as prepared as a scrub can be against the second Smelter Demon
>Realize after two solid hours of dying and running through the most BULLSHIT way to a boss in both Dark Souls game than he actually uses magic, not fire.

I was so angry I went to sleep it off and beat him first try the next day.
>>
>>330040756
This, he used to get me with that until I tried rolling into it.

The boss fight itself is easy, really. It just takes obsecenely long, since you gotta play it slow and safe, not getting greedy.
I myself don't use shields, I just two-hand, and I recommend doing that as well, he is slowish and not too hard to dodge when you know how his moves work, and since you can't really attack him too much too often, you gotta make every hit count

Keep at it and don't cheese with summons, the fight becomes pretty tense and enjoyable once you get the hang of it. Good luck
>>
>>330042028
>>330041768
He was the only boss that in the base game I considered bullshit until I found out you could easily bait the entire fight solo. After that he became one of the easiest if not the easiest.

If you are having trouble check this out. Can take a while but it's pretty fullproof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grqG-WwGqM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grqG-WwGqM0
>>
>>330041878
/thread
>>
>>330040094

Oh ho, he has trouble with Fume Knight.
He is mere peanuts compared to Orphan of Kosm.
>>
>>330040417
I'd say at leas it's an optional boss, but the kirkhammer is pretty fun

>>330040691
for me fume knight is hard
capra demon is harder
asylum demon was easy, I mean it's the first boss, but stray was much much harder
honestly I loved the asylum demon 3-peat, the intensity of the bosses was fantastic
>>
File: Heavenly-Creatures-2.jpg (52 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Heavenly-Creatures-2.jpg
52 KB, 1920x816
>>330040094
>le big dude in badass armor
Thank god Dark Souls 3 doesn't follow this trend
it doesn't, right?
>>
I personally had more trouble with Sir Alonne, he one shotted me with every hit, and he was too fast for me to reliably dodge him
>>
>>330043154
Sir Alonne was pretty much when I finally understood than staying close to the boss was usually safer than getting away.

Bit of a late realization I guess
>>
>>330041480
Cringed
>>
a lot of his horizontal swings are directed at the same angle as the camera which fucks up my depth perception

I dislike that
>>
>>330043154
I steamrolled most of the game (including Fume Knight) with my Great Club/Drakekeeper Great Hammer but I had to respec to beat Alonne. He's easily my favorite boss in Dark Souls 2
>>
>>330043129
The currently revealed humanoid DaS3 bosses all seem pretty unique
>first guy: introduces a type of enemy via an ornstien-esque fight
>dancer: lithe, fast, and really fucking tall
>whatever that quadruped giant mace guy is: pretty cool
>>
>>330040094
Just summon other people and let them do all the work. Easy peasy.
>>
The reason fum knight is so easy for some, and so hard for others, is because he either goes fucki g crazy with his mix ups, or he does the same 3 hit combos all fight
>>
>>330043585
he's pretty average difficulty for me but his "level" felt so unnecessary.
>>
>>330041447
Let me guess. You got caught by a bag dude and you fought Paarl at an earlier level than you should.
>>
>>330043949
>>330043154
meant to reply to this guy oops
>>
>>330040464
this is how I beat him
>>
>>330043129
Dark souls 3 seems to have to have a compromise between the humanoids and monsters by just making monstrous humanoids.
>>
>>330044024
>tfw I had the whip and beat him first try with aggressive stuns
>>
Thanks for all the tips anons. Pic related is my atrocious build.I know. Go ahead and let me have it.

>>330041331
Nope. I read somewhere else I needed to do this also. How high do I need it though?

>>330040730
Was also thinking I need to replace my weapon with one like that. Only problem is I went dex build and it seems to be not nearly as good as it was in DaS. Can't hit these DLC bosses for shit with dex.

>>330040756
Ah, thanks anon. I thought I saw people doing this when they summoned me but wasn't sure. This is without a doubt the part I need the most practice with.

>>330041878
I see a lot of people saying this but his first phase isn't really an issue for me anymore. Maybe I should do it anyway to get more practice with his second form.
>>
>>330044798
Yeah definitely raise your ADP. Your agility is super low. Most people go for ~100 agility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWk-BCA5N2E
>>
>>330045183
why was ADP a thing?
>>
>>330045183
>He obviously dodged those hits yet he was hit anyways
>Tying a skill-based aspect to a stat
Great job B-team.
>>
>>330045557
A not well thought counter to ninja flippin.
>>
>>330044798
Holy shit that makes me want to scream
Go use a soul vessel after you plan out your next build

your health is pretty excessively high for your level
endurance, whatever, worth more than health imo
go for that 100 agl
since you have no attunement slots and are obviously going for a dex build you may as well drop faith to absolute min, or raise it and attunement for lighting bonus and some miracle buffs
>>
>>330043949
I totally agree with you there, Anon. I hate that section, completely unnecessary and annoying. It wasn't even hard, just plain annoying
I wish the armor just bought you to the boss arena and that was it
>>
>>330045869
*in havels
>>
>>330045763
but its a role playing game anon :^)
>>
>>330044798
>9 ADP
This is the most important stat in the game. You need between 95-100 agility otherwise you'll end up like those dozens of "lel DaS2 hitboxes" webms. You also probably don't need that much VIT.
>>
>>330045875
>your health is pretty excessively high for your level
>level 148
>1752 hp
>excessively high
Excessively high would be something over 2500 hp.
>>
>>330045183
>>330045875
Oh shit I totally forgot I could reallocate my stats in this one until now. Going to reset them and do up that ADP for 100 agility. I just started raising faith cause I wanted to throw those lightning spears but I'll just wait until I'm a higher level. Might try to replace dex for str and see how that works out too. Thanks for the help guys.
>>
>>330044798
how 2 fume knight
>100 agility minimum
>don't summon, it just makes him really obnoxiously tanky and he'll kill off NPC summons too fast for them to be useful
>don't block excessively, he'll completely fuck you up
>DON'T BACK OFF AND HEAL, if you need to heal wait for a window and take it, he's coded to be super aggressive against players who try to back off
tl;dr, git gud, have a build that's capable of dodging, and practice. Fume Knight is designed as a boss that's hard to fight using the standard "bad player" crutches, like turtling, summoning and healing. You'll come out a better player if you learn how to fight him. Also, props for using the murakumo.
>>
You have to use Updog. That's what I did, at least.
>>
>>330040417

I solo'd the fume knight on my 2nd attempt yet cannot beat the Cleric Beast unless I co-op.
>>
So does SL not matter in Dark Souls 2? I keep seeing people with SL150 and up when I recall 120 was like the absolute max you should go in DaS.
>>
>>330040094
I don't understand peoples problems with him. Personally I feel most relaxed in these one on one fights (Fume Knight, Veldstadt, Artorias).

I have a much harder time in bosses where you have to split your focus between 2 or 3 enemies. Fume Knight is fun to fight, and he's pretty straight forward.

>when he swings his smaller sword, dodge towards his left and you end up behind him
>when he goes berserk and uses the big fume sword, dodge towards his right side and you end up behind him
>never get greedy, one hit and back off
>win
>>
>>330047914
DLC scales with soul memory so you're screwing yourself if you don't level up
>>
>>330047914

Invading and Summoning is entirely dependent on Soul Memory in DS2.
>>
>>330040094
Circle around and attack him from behind. When he attacks, dodge.
>>
>>330047861

What's Updog?
>>
>>330048351
Not shit my nigga what's up with you?
>>
You need to figure out the range of his shockwaves
>>
>>330040417
I can beat Artorias or Pursuer 1v1 but cant beat the Ruin Sentinels.
>>
>>330048229
>Invading and Summoning is entirely dependent on Soul Memory in DS2.
I played through the game three times and did not know this. Thought the game took both your SL and SM into account. Fuck, do I feel stupid now.
>>
>>330048819
Don't drop down right away let them come to you one at a time unless you can't kill the first one before the another one gets up there. Dodging towards attacks gives you the best iframes. And/or just use a summon as a decoy
>>
>>330049185
>unless you can't kill the first one before the another one gets up there.
I think the other two never aggro until you kill the first Sentinel or drop down. Anyways just kill the first Sentinel on top of the small platform, then drop down and deal with the other two.
>>
>>330047778
Thanks anon. I played back on 360 and murakumo was always my shit. Somehow I never realized the ADP shit though in this one. I'm not going to summon cause I want the satisfaction of having soloed it. I will admit I need to git gud at dodging though. I rely too heavily on turtling then backing off with my 99 soul gems.

Here's my new build going into it.
>>
>>330041480
Fucking love you DEX bros.
>>
>>330040094
1v1 him, believe it or not it's easier that way
>>
Fume Knight... statistically the hardest boss in DS2.

Took me several tries to beat him with my duel falcion weilding character who i named ISIS. (I wore the armor set that gives more souls too).

The trick is dodging into his sweeping attacks and being cautious af. Dont go for an attack until he is on recovery after one of his attacks.

I dont remember what it looks like but one attack he has is he swings one of his swords two or three times, then it looks like hes done but then he swings again. Gotta be careful of that.

Also, kill the glowing balls outside his arena or he will heal when he goes near them.
>>
>>330040094
Fast roll and use fast weapons for more more hits and less stamina use
I used dual caestus and got about 2-3 hits each time
Just get the timing down for his large fire sweep in his 2nd phase as it can potentially one shot you
>>
File: 20160307174343.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160307174343.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Thanks for all the help anons. Mission accomplished.
>>
I beat the entire game multiple times and did pvp pretty decently with no ADP when the game first came out.

I admit it makes it a lot easier but I gitted gud with shit rolls and now that I have ADP I'm fucking unstoppable
>>
>>330040094
Hit him till he dies.
>>
>>330052932
Good work. Now use a real mans weapon like the caestus.
>>
>>330052932
Oh, nice. Congratulations, OP. I'm impressed
How do you feel? How was it?
>>
>>330052932
gj anon
>>
Steel Heart Ellie, obviously.
>>
File: some would say Kosm.jpg (4 KB, 125x88) Image search: [Google]
some would say Kosm.jpg
4 KB, 125x88
>>330053597
>Summon Ellie for every boss
>Half of her fist attacks don't even make contact with the enemy
>She just stands there punching the air and getting hit in the face
>When she does hit it does 80 damage
>>
>>330040094
can't you just parry him? looks like a character boss

never played ds2 so i dunno lol
>>
>>330054304
Parrying bosses in DS2 usually only lets you land one hit before theyre swinging again. Its better 90% of the time to just dodge
>>
>>330047861
>>330048351
>>330048525
Is this real?
>>
>people hype DLC boss Fights
>all of the last fights were 1v1 knight vs giant knight with slow weapons/moveset except for the dragon
DLC was shit to be honest. I dont know why DaS2 fags hyped it up so much. One fight is literally a 3-man invasion , and one rehashed fight from the main game. The only good one was the Dual Panther/tiger fight in the Ice world DLC , but even then i already the moveset of the bitches because you fight one 1v1 early on.
Also
>Muh epic 1v1 fights
they were bad. not even good music aside from that one fight in literally helll but the knight/ice mechanic ruined it.
>>
>>330040094
I just beat this fuck today I just summoned Ellie and chopped fumy from behind with the chaos blade.
>>
>>330055831
>falling for DaS2 apologists arguments
>>
Get good?
Apart from that, don't tank it. I had full Havel's + greatshield all at +5 and fucker still did decent damage. Get 100-105 agi and just roll like a motherfucker. The guy was a pain in the ass and it took me like 4-5 tries to kill him. At least it was right next to a bonfire...Smelter demon 2.0 can suck my dick that shit was so retarded I died like 20 times and the run back is horrible.
>>
>>330040094
Cheese it with arrows or spells. If you roll away from him he can't reach you. Easiest of all the dlc bosses.
>>
>>330056613
>DaS2 Spells
>Cheesing
>>
>>330055831
>the only good fight is the single worst boss in the entire series

Jeez anon you have some really weird taste
>>
>>330053397
Thanks man. It was actually a little underwhelming just because the ADP made it so much easier than before. Still felt great though. Feel a lot more confident now, about to try Sir Alonne, then I'll go on to the last DLC pack.
>>
>>330057370
>I Became a cumdump fro the twin panthers and had to drop the game
FTFY
>>
>>330057762
Welcome to Dark Souls 2. Where difficulty only lies in broken hitboxes.
>>
>>330056897
Yes, really, nerfed and all, you do good damage to him with soul arrows and, stupidly enough, hexes.
>>
>>330047778
this is decent advice
>>
>>330058250
>you do good damage to him with soul arrows
You don't.
>Good damage with magic
>DLC areas
Pick one and only one. He also jumps on your ass all the time so you end up doing less damage and can't even use the range advantage
>>
>>330058250
Ever since the nerf to cast speed and the fast cast ring, magic hasn't really been cheese since Raime is really likely to fuck your shit up if you try to cast from far away.
>>
>>330055831
Sinh was a good fight.
Blue Smelter, Raime, and Alonne were also great.
Alva was good and Ivory King has atmosphere like Artorias.

It was okay.
>>
>>330058389
I have done it four or five times. Just try it. I was doing ~300 damage with sorcery per shot and ~500 with hexes against him. Just try it.

I was afraid the "magic doesn't work in the dlcs" meme was real when I went there as a hexer, but it isn't as bad as they said.
>>
>>330054069
she was meant to take the attention of the boss
>>
>>330058760
>Just try it.
I already did. 64 INT sorcerer and it was worse than using melee
>>
>>330058434
That's why you do it during an opening, just like healing. Easier than getting gud and defeating him on his terms.
>>
>>330040094
Sir Alonne was harder.
>>
>>330058965
Damage wise it is worse, for sure, but If you don't want to risk even getting touched by him, sorcery or hex spam (or just arrows) is best.
>>
File: dr das.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dr das.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>330040094
This is one of my favorite bosses in the series. It's so god damn fun if you play as a STR build. Just two fatasses slugging it out. My advice would be abandon all blocking and learn to roll. His attacks are easy as fuck to avoid. Even with a high damage output the fight is a bit of a marathon but eventually you'll take him deeper in the game and get him down.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.