[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people enjoy watching other people play video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: eoafuxpq9zvf5lookwf3.jpg (34 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
eoafuxpq9zvf5lookwf3.jpg
34 KB, 670x377
Why do people enjoy watching other people play video games?
>>
Why do people enjoy watching other people have sex?
>>
File: image.png (111 KB, 558x533) Image search: [Google]
image.png
111 KB, 558x533
I watch Pros play street fighter. Last night J Wong and Snake Eyez went at it and it was entertaining
>>
Why do people enjoy watching other people play sports?
>>
>>330008854
I bet CSGO skins on professional matches
>>
>>330009009
J Wong still plays Street Fighter?
>>330009014
Fat. It's the reason the Superbowl is as popular as it is.
>>
My little sister use to watch me playing video games.
>>
>>330009586
Did you fugg?
>>
>>330009663
no
>>
File: Twitch.png (1 MB, 1313x1006) Image search: [Google]
Twitch.png
1 MB, 1313x1006
>>
File: 432344574.jpg (103 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
432344574.jpg
103 KB, 384x313
>>330008854
I use it for background noise.
>>
The only ones I watch are hat films and sips. I don't watch those for the games, I watch them for the comedy provided by the people playing. They're more like podcasts to me, really.

I imagine streams can also be good for seeing extended gameplay of a game you're not sure about buying.
>>
>>330009737
DD:
>>
>>330009861
Kek. what a fucking idiot. if it's even true.

Bet there were legions of white knights giving him/her lots of money after that.
>>
>>330008854
Why do people enjoy posting on /v/? People got nothing better to do.
>>
I watch professional matches so I can learn new tricks in csgo. Taught me a bunch of wall bang spots, smokes, and better positions for holding / taking bomb sites.
>>
>>330008854
Watching stream is fine but only worst scum of the earth subscribe them for $5 donate more money on top of them just so that they can tell how thankful they are that he is streaming
>>
>>330008854

I'd bet good money at least half of the viewers are fake to generate numbers and appeal for certain games and people who stream.
>>
Only normies who love facebook tier memes use twitch.
>>
I like watching Let's Plays while playing video games.
Looking for a Let's Play is a different story. I have never uttered the phrase "what a dumb boring asshole" more times than I have searching Youtube.
I don't even have to watch the first 10 minutes, the red flags raise like an angry mob once they start talking.
>>
File: WatchDogs.webm (2 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
WatchDogs.webm
2 MB, 718x404
I'd rather have a stream on twitch open instead of watching tv. Even watching cam whores is better than ninety percent of the shit on television today.
>>
File: 1455970128607.png (789 KB, 1280x781) Image search: [Google]
1455970128607.png
789 KB, 1280x781
>>330008854
Why do people watch sports?
Why do people watch stand up comedy?
Why do people shitpost?
Why do people fap to cartoon ponies?
Why do people make their own sonic the hedgehog OC?

this world is full of questions
>>
Some twitch channels have practically no viewers no matter how long they play video games. With twitch you have to do more than that to keep an audience.
>>
>>330010903
This. I can't help myself but look for let's plays cuz I like seeing people react to a game I like for the first time, but 9/10 times it's usually overshadowed either by how much of a tryhard fucktard "youtuber" they're trying to be, especially when it's obvious they're faking their reaction, or just generally being a dumbass or unfunny asshole. Just play the fucking game and give your genuine thoughts, but don't be an impatient, judgemental prick.

Any good channels or let's plays you recommend?
>>
>>330008854

Because im depressed i dont like being lonely
>>
Why do people enjoy watching other people play sports?
In fact, especially chess?
>>
File: mRGEvXF.gif (4 MB, 503x360) Image search: [Google]
mRGEvXF.gif
4 MB, 503x360
Because he's one of us.
>>
Background noise, better than TV.
>>
Because I'm a scrub and want to watch a good player's tactics in SFV. Tampa Bison's commentary has made me laugh out loud so I still like to check and see if he is streaming.
>>
>>330012094
>wears fedora
>one of us
You're not on reddit.
>>
I don't have many friends and shows like game grumps make me feel like when I had 12 years old and my buddies came along to play games and drink soda. That's my the primary reason for watching let's play videos.
>>
>>330012312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur69gng_8zk
>>
>>330008981
Cucks?
>>
>>330008854
>Why do people enjoy X?
Thats a sign of autism OP.
>>
for the titties
>>
>>330011973
The only thing I can recommend in good conscious is SuperBestFriend, his LPs of Illbleed and Deadly Premonition are in their own league. He shows you everything.
Forewarning, he doesn't do stuff blind but as for the two LPs I mentioned the editing is absolutely great.

Wish I could recommend more but that's up to personal preference. I could throw you two other names to check out; SuperPaulGames and Left4Donut. It's up to you now.
>>
File: 1456799614381.webm (3 MB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1456799614381.webm
3 MB, 360x480
Because it's fun to watch people with far more dedication and skill than you do something well.
>>
>>330008854
Why do people watch other people play sports? thats the kind of logic you're saying you fucking retard
>>
>>330012975
I mean... you don't need anybody else to play games, you just play a game. With sports, people can't just get up and DO that anytime they want.
>>
>>330013601
>You can't just play sports any time you want.
What? Yes they can. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>330013727
ok im just going to go step outside and be at my personal ice rink with my team and another team to play hockey against

stfu retard
>>
>>330013852
>literally implying there aren't amateur teams everywhere that do exactly that
I stopped reading your post as soon as you typed, "I'm just going to step outside..."
>>
>>330012939
I know about Zaibatsu. Their melt into despair and torture the further they go into the Naruto game is delicious. Resi 4 and Revengeance was also fun to watch. I'd recommend A Bunch of Jerks. They're just starting, but they have decent humor and are smart enough to have one guy blind and one veteran in order to not make the videos a slog.
>>
>>330011659
T. Streamer
>>
becuz i make friend in streamer by givin them money im almost mod in chat
>>
>>330013958
you read the entire thing
>>
>>330011973
Two best friends hands down the only good YouTube channel you need to you watch. It's also/v/ approved.
>>
>>330008854
Better than TV. Given, twitch is shit, but things like old Giant Bomb (and some new East content) and Game Center CX are entertaining for games I want to see, but not play (NES titles, Persona games, etc). Trouble is finding people who aren't just shill fuckers with their face plastered all over the screen screaming nonsense at overplayed games.
>>
>>330013993
>Zaibatsu
I dropped those guys ages ago, I thought they were great but they just went downhill really fast all of a sudden. I'll keep in mind a Bunch of Jerks, in turn I suggest TheRefugees, they gotta a similar thing going on for Dark Souls 2 at the moment.

Oh and one more thing; skip out on Left4Donut's Dying Light. I suggested the game to him and while it was fun to watch it got to a point where he couldn't deal with human and zombies enemies, so I suggested he can it. Shame too, he was at the part of the story where you go to the new area.
>>
>>330012947
game?
>>
I just want to stream casually while playing games that I want but my pc and webcam are shit. Oh well I can live without it I guess.
>>
>>330015841
You don't need a shitty webcam to stream
>>
>>330015702
Dragon Blaze
>>
>>330016038
Still the problem os shitty pc is left. It's sad desu, sometimes I find a really interesting guys there who play old or unpopular at the moment games and they are really interesting to watch and talk to buth the majority just follow strange people who literally sell themselves and play every piece of shit that is popular at the moment and give it only good reviews.
>>
>>330013727
>Oh fuck yeah it's 3AM, I wanna get my fuckin' VOLLEYBALL ON, LET'S GO MOTHERFUCKERS!
>>
>>330008854
Because they watch it for the people streaming.
>>
I only go on Twitch to watch a game play itself.
>>
>>330008854
So they can pretend to have friends into vidya agian
>>
File: Blackadder_Potato_Scene_01.png (494 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
Blackadder_Potato_Scene_01.png
494 KB, 500x746
>>330017801
More people should just talk to themselves.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.