[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stop bullying Skyward Sword, it was a god tier game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: 51iQR0S7wWL.jpg (58 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
51iQR0S7wWL.jpg
58 KB, 356x500
Stop bullying Skyward Sword, it was a god tier game.
>>
fuck off shill
>>
No it wasn't.
>>
Sure, and Twilight Princess was the greatest video game of all time.
>>
Remove the motion controls and the padding and then it's maybe a mid tier zelda game
>>
I agree that it was a great game that is really only hated on for its controls and Fi who I didn't mind.
>>
It's the worst 3D zelda game
>>
>>329973573
>low on hearts
>games includes chairs and takes away any sense of fear
>>
>>329973573
Lol
How is cyberbullying real if video games aren't real?
Retard
>>
SS>>WW>>TP

I won't include the rest. TP is just the worst Zelda.
>>
wonder how this one can be ported to the Wii U.
>>
File: fi.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fi.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>329973573
It was definitely more fun than TP

It had some real pacing issues though. And Fi is the worst character I have ever personally experienced in a video game.
>>
it sux
>>
MM > WW > OoT > power gap > SS > TP

I am fully willing to accept that this comes down to nostalgia though.

Its also weird to think that there are people on /v/ who were 9 or 10 when TP came out.
>>
File: 1430704656231.gif (2 MB, 509x353) Image search: [Google]
1430704656231.gif
2 MB, 509x353
>>329973573
>>
>>329974961
>mm

Meme game
>>
It was the first Zelda I've every felt truly disappointed with.

I stopped playing at the end of the third dungeon. It took me a year to get there because I kept putting the game down. It just got to the point that I did not look forward to it anymore. It is absolute shit.
>>
>>329974961
jesus christ stop
Oot > MM > TP > WW >>>>>>>>>>>>> SS
>>
File: 1430192591358.jpg (40 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
1430192591358.jpg
40 KB, 500x525
>>329973573
Good thing you liked it; Maybe they'll pump out ANOTHER remaster before they make another real game.
>>
>>329975108
1994?

>>329975220
1996?
>>
>>329975284
Remastered skywayrd sword
>>
>>329973573
It wasn't god tier, but it was great. Every Zelda short of the DS entries is great.
>>
I still need to finish Skyward Sword. I got to the Levias stuff and got annoyed and put it aside. Lost my Wii Motion Plus controller, so no idea when I will get to it.

How much more is in the game past that point? It looks like a couple hours at most, assuming there isn't any more stupid padding bullshit.
>>
One step above a good shovelware gane
>>
>>329975346
Wat
>>
File: 1437280024845.jpg (5 KB, 232x162) Image search: [Google]
1437280024845.jpg
5 KB, 232x162
>>329973924
I feel like it'd be over mids but thats the point im trying to make. point is, motion controls are and always be awful. The sooner the industry moves away from them the better.
>>
>>329975357
This.

SS is by no means top tier. But it was in no way shit, or subpar. It had a good narrative, that, despite being a bit of a copout for the timeline was still really enjoyable. Had an amazing score, gorgeous visuals and Koloktos was one of the best bosses in any Zelda game.

I beat PH not too long ago. It was a chore, but I liked some of the bosses that incorporated the two screens, that was nifty. I hated swiping for sword attacks though that shit sucked. And drawing circles for rolling.
>>
>>329975352
>Beautiful 1080p visuals
>Redone to where it can use a gamepad and right analog stick (Think Metal Gear Rising) to play it. Or just the fucking gamepad with button options for sideways or up/down cut.
>Fix the bullshit padding sections and goddess trials.

Honestly, fixing the controls would honestly fix a lot of the issues I had with skyward sword. It would still not be the best zelda, but it would be far more playable and enjoyable then its current state.
>>
File: 1450145370805.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1450145370805.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>329974763
Don't you mean 'WHEN'?
>>
Not even close to god tier. Too many issues prevent it from getting up to that point.
The controls are the most obvious point here. I couldn't get them to ever calibrate correctly until I got a Wiimote Plus, and even then the controls were far from perfect. Whoever had the bright idea to make them the only factor in swimming needs to get their pay docked. When the same game can control perfectly for one person and absolutely awfully for another, that's inexcusable.
Combat wasn't awful, but it only really stood out to me at a few points (namely the Ghirahim fights and the final boss).
As some anons mentioned above, there's a LOT of padding in the game, the worst example being the tadtones quest. The first two dungeons - and getting to them - were a huge chore. The game really did make up for it with almost every dungeon after that, though, especially the Sand Ship.
I want to like Skyward Sword, but there's too much it did wrong for me to really say it's a great game. It's a good game at best, and awful at its worst.
>>
Skyward Sword had moments of greatness, but man was it bogged down with bullshit. That last third with forced stealth, tadtones and a super gimmicky dungeon was awful.
Best finalboss in the series though.
>>
>>329975773
No I mean how cause, though I haven't played SS, I hear it relies heavily on the Motion+ stuff that the gyroscope probably couldn't do.
>>
File: ProfBee.png (3 KB, 144x142) Image search: [Google]
ProfBee.png
3 KB, 144x142
Pro-tip: Your favourite Zelda game is likely to be the one you played when you were 12. Old people leave and young demographics replace them.

That's why OoT was /v/'s favourite game in 2004
That's why /v/ started warming up to MM in 2006
That's why /v/ started warming up to WW in 2009
That's why /v/ started warming up to TP in 2012
And that's why /v/ is going to start warming up to SS in 2017
>>
>>329975381
>How much more is in the game past that point? It looks like a couple hours at most, assuming there isn't any more stupid padding bullshit.
don't worry
its all padding bullshit from here on out
>>
As someone who has played all these Zeldas in the past two years.

WW >(very close) MM >(wide berth, not a power gap) OoT > (POWER GAP) LTTP
>>
>>329975828
That's not true. My first Zelda game was ALTTP.

My favourite is probably Wind Waker followed by Fedora's Mask.
>>
>>329974961
Nada.
MM=WW>OoT>TP>shit>SS
Twilight Princess is shit, but if you're bringing up Skyward Sword in the same sentence, it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>329973573
good bait, OP
it wasnt god tier, but it was ok.
>>
>>329975346
95, not 96. and you're out of your mind if you think SS is anything but the worst zelda
>worst soundtrack
>mediocre dungeons
>ugly art style
>lack of decent sidequests
>block puzzles for boss keys
>>
>>329975787
This. I had nothing but issues with the controls not calibrating right, and that is with trying it on 3 different consoles, 2 different wiimotes, and 3 different IR Sensors. And this is with me looking up tutorials on how others have done it to make sure I didn't fuck anything up.

My friend's Wii actually played it alright, and he set it up the exact same way I did, so who the fuck knows (Outside interference from other electronics in the house or distance, I usually sat like 7 feet away on average when I tried).
>>
File: Tentalus.png (437 KB, 762x768) Image search: [Google]
Tentalus.png
437 KB, 762x768
>>329973573
No. The Zelda Cycle will not happen again. It was all a fluke. No matter how old I get or however worse Zelda games become- Skyward Sword will always be awful.
>>
>>329975828
>played TP when I was 12
>it's not my favorite
>OoT is, i played it when i was 8
explain that, dumb fuck.
>>
>>329975979
>first
>one you played when you were 12

Reading comprehension should be a mandatory class.
>>
>>329973573
I honestly have nothing bad to say about any non-CDi Zelda game.

The worst Zelda game is still better than the best American AAA.
>>
>>329975828
>Played Link's Awakening DX as my first Zelda
>Then ALTTP
>Then OoT, since I did not get a N64 until like 2001.

OoT is my favorite, although I have a soft spot for LA.
>>
>>329976241
Ok. So the one I played when I was 12 were the Oracle Games, so your shitty fucking generalization still is null and void, asslicker.
>>
>>329975828
I played OoT when I was 12, but my favorite is LttP, which I played when I was 17.
>>
>>329975827
Maybe they'd just take the motion controlls out and assign button imputs for .... uh what all did he do in that game horizontal slash vertical slash and stab.
>>
>>329976048
Did virtually all of those things better than TP. Save maybe the dungeons. There were about the same number of decent dungeons in both games.

The music in TP was especially bad. Some of the tracks were really poorly produced, especially coming after WW. And how many times did they have to rehash that Hyrule field theme. Was it too much trouble to come up with something original?
>>
>>329974085
>games includes chairs

Wut?
>>
>>329975828
My favorite Zelda games are MM which I played when I was 11, and Link's Awakening which I played when I was 22.

The "you only liek it cuz nostalgia" is one of the cheapest cop-outs you could pull in an argument.
>>
>>329976409
>>329976338
>>329976178
>>329976048
>>329975981
>>329975979
Lol, I'm just spitballing I guess

But you have to agree, the younger you were when you first played something, the less critical you were and the fonder your memories are going to be.

I bet there isn't a single person on here you played TP before they were 13 and outright hates the game.
How much you wanna bet that we'll see a correlation and less hate for SS in a few years time.
>>
>>329976632
there are chairs you can sit on that heal you
>>
>>329976423
You'd also need diagonals and the ability to swing from either end of the arc as sometimes you'd need to swing downwards/upwards whatever depending on the enemies stance.
>>
>>329976817
I dunno, Zelda 2 still has a bad rap to this day (and I still consider it to be a shitty Zelda).

Although it probably depends on what Nintendo does when they inevitably do a HD port of it down the line, if they actually fix the damn thing to play better or the exact same shit.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (36 KB, 149x108) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
36 KB, 149x108
>>329976817
I was 18 when I played Spirit Tracks. I loved every minute of it. At this point, I despised a lot of things and was more critical than ever. I recently replayed SS after beating it four years ago. I even fathomed how I even came to squeeze 50 hours out of it. It's shit. I was literally 12 when I played Wind Waker, Zelda II AND Majora's Mask and 7 when I played Ocarina. I vastly prefer those three over Ocarina, and will take Ocarina over Twilight Princess and I'll take ten Spirit Tracks over Skyward Sword. Again, I adored it.
>>
>>329976819
Oh right. I totally forgot about those chairs. SS is probably the only Zelda I've played through only once
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.