[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when EA said Dead Space wasn't axed? Where's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: dead space 3.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
dead space 3.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Remember when EA said Dead Space wasn't axed? Where's Dead Space 4?
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (22 KB, 236x291) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
22 KB, 236x291
>>329927879
>wanting another DS after the abomination that was 3
>>
Hardline's moderate flop was probably one of the last nails in Visceral's coffin. Their Star Wars game will determine if they live or die.

3 was bad but I want them to have one last chance at Dead Space.
>>
File: luigi mario.jpg (21 KB, 139x126) Image search: [Google]
luigi mario.jpg
21 KB, 139x126
>>329928412
>tfw enjoyed DS3 thoroughly
I never really got the criticism for it. Human enemies fit the story very well with Unitologists wanting you dead, and without universal ammo the weapon customization would have been a pain in the ass hoping you get ammo for your favorite gun
>>
wouldn't mind a sequel, even if it's just ball-out shooting

DS3 gets too much hate; it's a solid and lengthy co-op game. I definitely enjoyed it more than DS2, which just seemed like lazy recycling of the first game, but it fucking failed at being a horror game, and it failed at being an action game.

Also DS3 had a good fucking cliffhanger that I wouldn't mind continueing
>>
>>329928412
At least it was better than C&C4
>>
They're still working out a few kinks in their new way to fuck players with. We'll probably hear about it in a few years.
>>
>>329928750
>it fucking failed at being a horror game
So did DS and DS2 senpai baka
>>
>>329927879
After the shitshow of 3 you really want more of that?>>329928705 some people are just very easy to please i guess
>>
>>329928705
>and without universal ammo the weapon customization would have been a pain in the ass hoping you get ammo for your favorite gun
I didn't play DS3 but that worked absolutely fucking fine in DS1 didn't it
>>
>>329928960
>Dead Space failed at being a horror game

I'll bite, why
>>
>>329928591
>Tell dev to ruin their game
>Blame dev when their game doesn't sell
>do this 3 times and then close the dev

EA everybody.
>>
>Where's Dead Space 4?
dead in space

Why do you want a new DS? The horror element of the necromorphs is long worn out, especially with explanation of where they really come from. These games are just mediocre shooters otherwise.
>>
>>329929079
DS3 has many, many more guns than DS1

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Weapons

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3_Weapons
>>
File: Dead-Space-3-n7-armor.jpg (65 KB, 580x360) Image search: [Google]
Dead-Space-3-n7-armor.jpg
65 KB, 580x360
While DS3 was not a failure at all, the devs really should not have focused on that co-op of theirs.

It was unnecessary.
>>
>>329929169
Because it tried too hard at horror but still remained nothing but an action-oriented shooter.
It wasn't scary at all senpai
>>
>>329928750
>I definitely enjoyed it more than DS2
BRAIN PROBLEMS
>>
>>329929317
Maybe they shouldn't have put that many guns in the game
>>
>>329929328
>Not a failure at all

Not according to EA, who gave it a milestone to reach in sales before they considered DS4.
>>
>>329927879
>Remember when EA said Dead Space wasn't axed?
I thought it was axed, and the last one did so poorly we were never going to see it again. I'd be kinda hyped but mostly not. 3 killed my interest even if it was super neato at times.
>>329928705
Doesn't matter they were always the worse segments of the game. Game remained balanced and designed around DS fun, then ranom shootan and cover taking. It was terrible.
>>
>>329928750
>a solid and lengthy co-op game
Welltheresyourproblem
They put 0 effort into balancing single player. Zero. Whole game felt like I was supposed to have someone with me. Which is fuxkinf terrible design wise
>>329929169
2 killed a lot of tension. Specificly with the 'break away from your immersion to stomp all enemies for loot' nonsense.
>>
>>329927879
I like to pretend that DS ended with 2. The story of 3+DLC was so unnecessary.
>>
>>329929647
After 3 they said it was still alive. But they were probably just lying
>>
>>329929317
>Not just balancing drops depending on your weapons that are held
Casuals are the worse.
>>
Didn't the Dlc killed earth? I think they may reboot it
>>
>>329927879
>Remember when EA said Dead Space wasn't axed? Where's Dead Space 4?

Nigger did you even read what you wrote?
>>
Looking back Dead Space 2 deserves to be remembered as well as Resident Evil 2 was.
Every chapter was pretty great overall.
>>
>>329930158
I'm pretty sure that was a massive (shared) hallucination. Like some brainfuck aftershocks from killing a moon-sized necromorph and they're just napping in orbit.
>>
>>329927879
I remember a long while back that someone posted a picture of EA's bus/truck/whatever where it had EA game characters plastered all over it. Almost everyone except Isaac Clarke was painted on the bus and this picture was taken sometime after Dead Space 3. I think it was for some gay pride thing, but I don't remember it exactly.

I think Visceral Games also took a hit after Dead Space 3 missed it's projected goal in sales. They went from being able to do their own thing (for lack of a better word) for a bit to making games for franchises that already exist. I don't know if the dev team shrunk or not though.
>>
It's pretty strange that nobody on Earth was bothered with the fact that space-Muslims were fucking up shit in all layers of society and government.
>>
>>329927879

I wish Dead Space 3 has never happened...
>>
>>329930512
I found the first more memorable.
The best part of 2 was revisiting the Ishimura.
>>
>>329931039
>always thinking something happens
>nothing happens
>>
>>329930098
With how many workbenches and gun parts there are, the player was probably expected to be switching guns very often.
Functionally it's exactly the same as ammo drops in DS1/2, the difference is that those games make it seem like ammo is a limited resource, but as soon as your guns start to get low ammo appears fucking everywhere. It's a very casual system in the first place, thanks Half-Life 2.
>>
>>329927879
I just want Dead Space 4 to see the real ending. That Dcl of Dead space 4 can't be the ending
>>
>>329929079

DS1 dropped ammo for the guns you were using which actually discouraged me from using anything other than the cutter since ammo seemed so rare for anything else
>>
>>329930512
I preferred DS1 because Isaac bitched and moaned too much in DS2. Yeah, he deserved to, but after awhile the bantz between him and that girl got annoying.
>>
File: cute girl.png (138 KB, 460x348) Image search: [Google]
cute girl.png
138 KB, 460x348
>>
>>329930920
>It's pretty strange that nobody on Earth was bothered with the fact that Muslims are fucking up shit in all layers of society and government.
>>
File: 1410152020585.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1410152020585.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>329931186
>go into bathroom
>hear whispering
>>
>>329931203
I played DS1 on hard and I didn't feel like ammo was abundant at all. You had to actually conserve it and shooting limbs was pretty much mandatory. It got more common in 2 and then even more so in 3.
>>
File: the sun.jpg (16 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
the sun.jpg
16 KB, 460x276
>>
>>329931480
FUCKING DIE MOTHERFUCKER SHIT
>>
File: Unitology_002.jpg (52 KB, 700x370) Image search: [Google]
Unitology_002.jpg
52 KB, 700x370
>atheists are so proud of themselves for being fedora-tippers
>the second the Marker was made known they all convert to Unitologism
>>
/v/ likes EA games.
>>
>>329931739
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER

Gunnar Wright did a great job as VA but it went a little overboard at times
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.