[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: No mans sky.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
No mans sky.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
What are your guys expectations for No Man's Sky?
>>
a big bowl of it's fucking nothing and billions of variations on the same 10~ or so archetypical planets/ creatures/ flora, etc
>>
>>329922258
Gone Home space edition
>>
>>329922258
Repeat of Starbound
>>
Elite Dangerous with animals
>>
>>329922258
If I can pick up the game several months after launch, fly on a planet, get down to it, look at an animal and think "Eh, this is pretty cool, I wonder how's the view from up there", the game will have succeed in its goal.
>>
>>329922258
my Hope is that it's gonna feel like an adventure/survival game

my expetation is
>>
it'll be awesome for an hour or so and then the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>329922258
I'll buy it no matter what, just because I want to support to idea. But I don't have high expectations for it. From what I've seen the gameplay looks pretty bland. It's just a casual adventure game with maybe some minor money making mechanics in order to buy new ships or whatever.
>>
I hope for good things.
I expect nothing.
>>
nice technology where gameplay, story and everything else is a complete afterthought
>>
ill wait until it's on sale for $5, then ill install it for 30 min and never play it again
>>
>>329922258
3D star bound (aka shit)
>>
File: corso.jpg (57 KB, 960x410) Image search: [Google]
corso.jpg
57 KB, 960x410
12 actual different planet environments before the palette swaps start.

anyone expecting anything other than spore 2 is going to have some serious buyers remorse
>>
>>329922258
A competent space sim that I can play to relax and unwind. Space sims have always been my go-to comfy games.
>>
is there Multiplayer? if not then i wont buy
>>
File: NMS planet variety updated.png (4 MB, 554x3078) Image search: [Google]
NMS planet variety updated.png
4 MB, 554x3078
>>329925551
Let's get counting then.
>>
>>329922258
Literally nothing because they haven't told us what the game is.
>>
>>329925551
I'm ok with this. Gimme lotta bots to shoot and I'll buy it.

They say that the game become harder the closer you get to the center of the galaxy.
>>
>>329922258
I am expecting people who've never played it and who will never play it to shitpost on this board nonstop about it and get triggered whenever they see someone not shitposting about it.
>>
>>329926186
you can clearly see that all the grass planets are the same terrain with palette swap
>>
>>329926252
Oh god, if there's a Grox type thing in the game, I'm out. Never touching it.
>>
I think that the people saying that the generation will result in a lot of similarities are absolutely right.

That said, that isn't a deal breaker for me and the game appeals very directly to me (I greatly enjoy Grow Home, Euro Truck Sim 2 and anything open world that is about exploration - I still play Gravity Rush despite having 100%ed it twice just because I enjoy the setting).

I don't think it's a game for everyone but it's definitely something I'll like.
>>
>>329926186
>inb4 WOW ITS ALL THE SAME SHIT
>>
>>329922258
It's probably not gonna run well on a a lot of shit
>>
Honestly i don't get why it's $60, not that i don't think indie games can be priced that, i really enjoyed The Witness, but yeah, it looks like all No Man's Sky has is procedural generation which isn't worth $60 to me
>>
Pasting from other thread
Daily reminder that No Man's Sky is literally a comfy simulator
>flying around
>exploring cool looking planets
>saving your discoveries
>collecting bounties
>gathering resources
>upgrading your shit
>all while making your way to the centre of the galaxy at your own pace
If you don't like comfy games / think comfy is a meme, this probably isn't for you
>>
>>329926362
Yep.

However, they've confirmed planets "full of life" won't be as common as they appear through the trailer, and will instead be more like 1/10th of the planets you discover.
>>
>>329922258
very low
>>
File: 3c5.png (12 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
3c5.png
12 KB, 680x680
>>329926362
Is that a joke, or pic related?
>>
>>329926972
Check out the 12th and 13th planet on the right column.

Provided I know how to count they're pretty similar, and I'm the guy who updated this collage.
>>
>>329926972
no, you are just blind and didn't see the pic I was referring to
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.