[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anything I should know before I begin? I expect it to be done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: the_last_meme.png (153 KB, 445x415) Image search: [Google]
the_last_meme.png
153 KB, 445x415
Anything I should know before I begin? I expect it to be done within the next hour, so I'd like to be ready to go once it finishes.

Last thread I saw was a bunch of replies about how awful the combat system is. Should I be concerned?
>>
>>329898489
>Anything I should know before I begin?
You are not prepared
>>
>>329898489
you're gonna get fucked up kiddo
>>
>>329898489
not overtly.

And This is something I say as someone who prefers English spoken in his game: set the voices to Japanese.
and laugh when you get Baby Driller, I know I did.
>>
>>329898489

>The Last EdgeLord

Pretty much sums up the entire game
>>
The dark souls of JRPGs
>>
>>329898686
>japanese audio
neat. I was not expecting this option, but I surely will.
>>
Isn't this supossed to be balanced on PC? I gave up on the 360 version at the 6 bases part.
>>
grinding is bad
>>
>>329898489
Repeated use of Arts is recommended.

Getting your Battle Rank up is not recommended.
>>
Well it's got a couple of difficulty spikes but as long as you've been recruiting the special characters and gathering large groups of enemies together before killing them you'll be fine.

Keeping the morale bar high makes every fight so much easier and this can be achieved by getting more attacks in using multiple groups however splitting your units up into smaller groups makes them easier to kill.
At the start it's important to minimize chances of the main character getting attacked.

Also the story and world are nothing to write home about, you either dig the combat system and putting together a veritable 'army' of party members or you shouldn't play the game at all.
>>
pretty mediocre game but has a good difficulty
>>
File: tlr (1).png (176 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
tlr (1).png
176 KB, 540x960
>>
File: tlr (2).png (205 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
tlr (2).png
205 KB, 540x960
>>
File: tlr (3).png (210 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
tlr (3).png
210 KB, 540x960
>>
File: literallyps2graphics.png (59 KB, 281x371) Image search: [Google]
literallyps2graphics.png
59 KB, 281x371
You need to edit the ini file to get better grafics.
>>
If you have an AMD GPU the shadows will be fucked, there's nothing you can do to fix it.
>>
>>329898748
>The Last EdgeLord

how so?
>>
>>329898489
Don't grind.
>>
>>329899904

Link.

Also, OP: >>329901030
>>
I read that it is not recommended to grind in this game.
>>
>get to the boss where you only fight him with your MC and that one chick

this is impossible
>>
>>329898489
Dont grind.
Use arts a lot.
Talk to everyone, everywhere every chance you get.
>>
File: 1403211763237.jpg (2 MB, 990x3130) Image search: [Google]
1403211763237.jpg
2 MB, 990x3130
Before you go, take this
>>
>>329898618
>>329898670
this.

treat it like FF8
only fight mandatory fights

recruit leader units, this is the most important task.

if you must fight on field, try to group as many as possible.

you will get skullfucked if you try to multiclass units with a singular purpose

it took me two weeks (had my tonsils removed) to beat on 360. It's basically hardmode.
>>
File: Good Rod.jpg (515 KB, 1282x723) Image search: [Google]
Good Rod.jpg
515 KB, 1282x723
>>329898489
>>
>>329898489
You can disengage deadlocked enemies safely as long as you plan for it. Essentially you need a high speed union to attack the union one is disengaging from so the fast one intercepts.

Also pay attention to distance on the map during larger battles but this won't come into play until much later. If your unions are attacking different unions a good distance away from each other they'll be too far to support one another.
>>
Still waiting for a PS4 version
>>
>>329898898

On PC the "grind yourself into a corner" aspect of it was corrected IIRC.
>>
Disable most of the arte trees for each unit besides one or two you want them to focus on, this will make commands you can give them less random.
Enemies level up with you, but you don't really have to worry about being outpaced in the PC version unless you grind hard on shit monsters.
The developers tried to automate everything to make things simpler to understand and they accidentally made one of the most complex, convoluted, and confusing JRPGs ever made. It's more palatable than Unlimited Saga at least.
>>
Ignore the "don't grind" and "don't fight anything but mandatory battles" people.
They probably haven't even touched the PC version.

What you must do is grind SMARTLY.
That means NOT picking off trash mobs one by one for hours on end.
Instead chain 3-4 trash mobs on the field every encounter and beat them in (Turns to Win < No. of Enemy Squads) amount of turns.
In other words, if you're gonna grind then go BIG in scope.
This minimizes Battle Rank while maximizing stat gains. The stronger you are than the enemy, the more you need to kill quick in order to still benefit.
However, Battle Rank increases are not a bad thing intrinsically. All leader units that aren't Rush will learn new art families as the Battle Rank rises.
A good example of this is Torgal who learns Psionics in this fashion. Psionics make keeping morale in check a lot easier, and will be a great asset in any battle where you're outnumbered and getting constantly flanked.

Battle Rank increases are only bad when you're not progressing in other areas such as character arts, stats and equipment (characters other than Rush automatically upgrade their equipment, but you still must find the materials to do so).

Also only recruit unique leader units (they'll have flavor text), the PC version has been balanced with the expectation that you'll do this.
One of the reasons the console version was so hard is that you were forced to use the shitty free soldiers because of a "leader cap".
>>
so are The Last Remnant and Gungnir the heaviest strategy JRPGs out there?
I'm still scared to try out Gungnir because I heard that there are so many variables to know, including over 16 status elements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOth6EFowts

But TLR not having a visible skill tree is just crazy. It sounds so interesting I want to try it
>>
Worst square Enix game ever
>>
>>329905667
someone hasn't played Unlimited SaGa
>>
File: 23310_2014-07-12_00008.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
23310_2014-07-12_00008.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>329905957

I still can't believe I beat Unlimited Saga. Even when you understand how everything works it isn't fun or rewarding at all
>>
>>329905994
>>329898489
does it have a good plot and music?
aside the challenge from the actual game, is it carried by other things?
>>
Was there ever a mod to change the level scaling?

I remember there being a slight edit that gave you more options to your party members but i would love to replay this game without having to minmax like a faggot.
>>
>>329898489
I liked it alot actually. The camera is fucked but other then that I had a great time once I started keeping up with the flow of combat. It is pretty hard though, I never beat it because I got completely stuck towards the end of the game. Remember, grinding is BAD.
>>
>>329900071
I've even noticed this problem with AMD GPUs on the Wii U.
>>
>>329907043
Music is good, most square enix games can boast great ost. The plot is alright, not very memorable. I played the game a few years ago and I don't remember the plot at all really.
>>
How does grinding gimp you?
Do enemies scale with level, but more rapidly than your own stats do?

If that is the case then it's just bad game design.
>>
played almost 20 hours of it but I ended up dropping it, I forgot how or why, just simply stopped playing and forgotten about it

a bad omen if you ask me
>>
>>329904568
how exacly was it corrected?
>>
>>329907391
>yes
>>
>>329907391
Enemy battle level increases as yours does, giving them higher stats and access to better abilities, which is why people in the thread are emphasising SMART grinding. Don't tackle enemies one group at a time, round up a few and take 'em all down at once.
>>
File: whoyougonnacall.png (2 MB, 1679x1050) Image search: [Google]
whoyougonnacall.png
2 MB, 1679x1050
>>329902940
>>
>>329907274
Let me rephrase, like many have said, grinding on weak monsters, one at a time, is bad. Keep your battle rank low while leveling up your guys as much as possible is ideal.
>>
>>329907897
>filename
I laughed too much
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.