[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought The Division
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: the division cover.jpg (74 KB, 450x580) Image search: [Google]
the division cover.jpg
74 KB, 450x580
I just bought this for $32

gameplay is fun
engine looks great/runs well on PC
I can rape Dark Zone fags with the Goons

Tell me why I made the wrong decision /v/
>>
Every decision is the wrong decision on /v/.
>>
whered you get it for 32?
>>
I'm going to make fun of you for buys this, but I will be buying it too if the steam reviews are good.
>>
>>329876056
Nuuvem

>>329876049
This. I can't play Path of Exile because "p2w garbage" and I can't play Grim Dawn because it was funded through Kickstarter

/v/ sucks shit
>>
>>329876140
data miners found out that there's 28 missions, lots of end game shit, tons of loot and a Brooklyn location

Seems like it'll be a good third person Destiny replacement
>>
>>329876142
Both of those games are good. Fuck em.
>>
>>329876230
It might be fun, but I don't have/want friends and the game would need to be enjoyable to play solo. And hopefully the performance is good.
>>
>>329876364
Group up with /vg/ I know they're playing
>>
It's a fun game.
I played the beta with friends who enjoy grinding-like gameplay, like in MMOs.
I refunded it though because I won't be able to play with them so playing it alone would be pointless.
Optimization sucked ass though, if they fixed it I wouldn't have any complaints.
>>
>>329876230

I'll believe it when I see it. We had access to about 1/3rd of the amp in the Alpha/Beta and it was fucking nothing, so now I'm worried about how much content is actually in the game.

That and Ubisoft.
>>
>>329876428
What are you running? I got 60FPS at 2560x1440 on a i7/390/12gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz on Windows 10

>>329876449
If I didn't make 6 figures, I would be waiting with you guys, but for nearly 50% off? Fuck it, worth the risk since I liked the beta.
>>
>>329875973
Lasting appeal. If you pick up a game and can't have fun with it for an hour then it's total shit. If you can have fun with it for a few days then it's pretty dull but just mediocre. The Division is hyped as a fucking MMO, something that's supposed to last YEARS.

Most people aren't complaining that it's complete, non-functional garbage rather that it's dull and nothing new; which isn't as acceptable to normal standards since this is the most hyped AAA game of the year.

Keep playing it more than an afternoon and come back with something more than first impressions.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1000x750
>>329876140
Destinyfags evryone
>>
>>329876142
Did you have to use a vpn?
>>
>>329876538
I was running on medium-high 40ish fps with a 3gb vram gtx 660, i5 750 @ 2.67GHz and 8gb ram.
I don't have a monster rig but it's not that bad either..
>>
File: do not swallow.jpg (35 KB, 450x520) Image search: [Google]
do not swallow.jpg
35 KB, 450x520
>>329876584
But I have played it for more than an afternoon, the beta didn't have much content but what was there was really fun.

I pay $9 to see a movie, that's 2 hours, so for a game to meet a pretty standard level of perceived value, I have to get 6 hours out of the game (which I can do with just about anything)

That said, Grim Dawn has been my best recent purchase since I got 200 hours into that.
>>
>>329876584
>If you can't have fun with it for a few days then it's pretty dull but just mediocre. *
Fixed
>>
Would you say its worth the uplay ubisoft hassle? And how big is the download file, my download is pretty slow
>>
>>329875973
I bought it too. We had a blast with 2 friends kill people in the DZ.

Added hilarity seeing them cry about it on the forums
>>
>>329876823
uPlay has been working fine and is completely stable (haven't had any of the issues that people complained about 2-3 years back, remember, Steam was out for weeks at a time when Half Life 2 first came out)

of course it'd be nice to have it run through Steam, but it doesn't, oh well.

>>329876750
I have a professional VPN that spoofs their region block shit. You can get it without going through that for like $40
>>
>>329876230
You guys are so dumb, this game is shit

FYI the Brooklyn location is a tiny little intro map with three missions before you get flown into the area you played in the beta

Every mission in the game is the same thing, "go here, shoot some bullet sponge bad guys, return to base"

It is the epitomy of repetitive Ubisoft game design.
>>
>>329876823
30gb preload
>>
>>329875973
You made wrong decision when you started asking for /v/ opinions.
>>
>>329876973
Tell me what's your favorite game and I'll tell you why it's shit and why you can't have fun with it, according to my own taste and ideals.
>>
>>329876230
>Seems like it'll be a good third person Destiny replacement
Destiny was a thorough disappointment and that took place in fucking space and had lasers and space magic. This is going urban New York for months and months with some upstate and countryside New York as expansions. Everything else is the same shit to the bullet sponge enemy's. Except the division has to explain why a normal human being can survive a Barrett 50 cal to the bare temple.
>>
Is there any info on the character creator?
>>
>>329877252
go play a MMO faggot
>>
>>329877252
it has facial hair

unlike fucking destiny
>>
>>329877365
but it is a mmo :^)
>>
>>329876815
Destinyfags gtfo
>>
>>329875973
You'll complete all the content in 2 weeks if your good, 3 if your casual. Good job feeding pennies into the broken vending machine you twit. IVs into ubisoft decrepit corpse.
>>
>>329878329
>implying that 3 weeks of content isn't more than enough content for any single video game and in fact probably way too much

Congratulations, you're a neckbeard!
>>
>>329875973
>playing a game you can't even play for at least another 20 hours.
nice bait, kill yourself.
>>
>>329877164
No, lets just point at this idiot right here who bought the game that fuels the mediocre industry thanks to mass marketing on impressionable dumb asses.
>>
>>329878402
You'll be running through the same zones, on pass the parcel missions or hunting 1 boss through the same maps. Time consuming content doesn't mean it's good retard.

Tell me of about memorable missions before you justify here on your dumb ass purchases.

>You won't
>>
>>329875973
literally LITERALLY destiny in downsized midtown
>>
>>329878613

Except it plays nothing like Destiny and has an interesting PVP mechanic.

Seriously I know shitting on games is what we do here but that's like calling fucking Duke Nukem 3D a shitty puzzle game.

Consider suicide.
>>
>>329876364
I love going solo in the DZ with my mic in, it's long firefights with heals if you're good you can wreck plebs with kiting, grenades and bullet consumables.
The smack talking them as you rape groups with proximity chat is oh so satisfying
>>
>>329878858
>0.30 cents has been deposited into you're uPlay account
>>
>>329878858
>an interesting PVP mechanic
wow
surely thats enough to justify a $60 price tag
>>
>>329879373

It's Ubisoft, it'll probably be shit. If it's even remotely competent, it'll be a good game. I'll be waiting to see what reviews say.
>>
>>329876972
>working fine and is completely stable (haven't had any of the issues that people complained about 2-3 years back
Even the fucking beta went down from time to time anon because of their shitty servers, it's time to stop lying.
>>
I played The Division and it was honestly one of the best experiences I've had lately. Really smooth gameplay and great fun with friends.

The asking price is shocking too given how much amazing content the game has. I felt kinda like a thief lol, I would have gladly paid more.
>>
>>329876056

Gamesplanet.
>>
>>329879805
It really didnt.
>>
>>329876807
That's bad anon. You cannot expect to max out any modern game with that rig anymore. Come on.
>>
>>329880280
This! Honestly, you're missing out if you pass up on this title, I know Ubisoft gets a bad rap but they knocked it outta the park with this one. :)
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.