[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, I'm making a Magic 8 Ball game, reply with some great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
File: 8_ball_face.jpg (9 KB, 180x145) Image search: [Google]
8_ball_face.jpg
9 KB, 180x145
/v/, I'm making a Magic 8 Ball game, reply with some great answers for it and they may be programmed in. 3 8's in a row will definitely make it in.
>>
"Shit nigger, I don't know I'm just a ball"
>>
>>329869850
This one
>>
"You wish."
"Have you tried asking a mirror?"
"Hold on, I know a guy who knows a guy."
>>
"8"
>>
>>329870423
nice
>>
>>329870453
very wise
>>
>>329869702
A deal's a deal anon! Now you have to suck my balls!
>>
"Ugh... Dizzy."
"Goo goo ga ga."
"You will have great fortune... Er, wrong medium."
>>
"42"
>>
>>329870609
okay
>>
I'm literally just programming these in as this thread is going
>>
Right now I have 43 answers programmed in and I'm going for a max of 99.
>>
slow?
>>
>>329869702
"Who bitch this is?"
>>
>>329869702
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>329873006
The magic 8 ball is going to have a lot of answers, so I'm asking for answers from /v/
>>
>>329873085
i meant use that.

"What did he mean by this?"
>>
"I'm not a miracle worker."
>>
"Yes"
"No"
"Maybe"
"I don't know"
"Can you repeat the question?"
>>
>>329873131
Ah, ok. I'll put that in
>>
File: 20_years.jpg (57 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
20_years.jpg
57 KB, 620x670
>>329873006
>>329873085
>>329873131
>>
49 Answers programmed in the 8 ball now.
>>
>>
"stop shaking me"
>>
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 1440x900
Here's what it looks like so far.
>>
>>329874350
>Yes.
You've done a terrible job.
>>
>>329874302
lmao
>>
>>329874350
That was randomized
>>
Now when you ask if 4chan is awesome it will always say
>Why don't you ask them?
>>
File: Untitled.png (32 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32 KB, 1440x900
Here is proof
>>
"go study"
>>
"Shake me harder!"
>>
>>329875005
>Shake me harder!

yes
>>
>>329869702
"Don't you have anything better to do?"
"Yes, just don't look behind you."
"The answer lies within."
"YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW!"
"Who cares?"
"Not in a million years."
>>
>>329869702
This seems less like a game and more like a random(?) phrase generator.
>>
>>329875146
yes x6
>>
>>329875213
The random phrase is what I'm working on right now, later in development, it will have some sort of true ending by asking it certain questions...?
>>
"Interior crocodile alligator, I drive a Chevrolet movie theater."
>>
"Hodor"
>>
"I'm not going to answer your question, I'm just going to say ironic memes are terrible. "
>>
"Khajiit stole nothing. NOTHING."
>>
"yap."
"Shouldn't you be working on that backlog?"
">trusting an 8ball"
>>
"one day you will look back into the past and wonder how your life went wrong. i want you to remember this moment."
>>
"What's up you meme loving fuck?"
>>
"The answer lies in the past"
>>329875324
this too
>>
"I'll answer you, but first I need to talk about parallel universes"
>>
"Activate it."
"JUST DO IT."
"Go ask the Magic Conch."
>>
"Maybe if you make your own magic 8 ball that one will care"
>>
File: Untitled.png (32 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32 KB, 1440x900
73 Answers Programmed!
>>
"Sorry, I'm currently in the middle of an existential crisis."
"Wake me if you need me."
>>
What you're referring to as "8ball," is in fact, GNU/8ball, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus 8ball...
>>
"Magic 8 ball.exe has stopped working"
>>
>>329876704
YES
>>
"Oh, yes indeed. It reminds me of my Cousin, Fortune Telling Mirror, and the garden she had at the foot of a dryad tree in the Forest of Wyrms. I tell you, she went up expecting well-aerated soil and did she get a surprise? Oh yes indeed! Why, I remember it like it was burned into my memory with a flaming stick, which was very close to the truth actually..."
>>
"I could answer that but I'd rather leave you in the dark."
"GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!"
"bout three fiddy"
>>
"Here's your (you)"
>>
"And the human continued his pointless existence, receiving no profound advice from the fabled 8 ball, he struggled on, never finding his stride, never finding love. Just loneliness and an empty feeling that no matter what he did, the emptiness would remain. He would wait for some signal, some calling for greatness, but it would never come. Like all the rest he would fade from this life, into death.
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>329877062
i was looking for this on /b/. glad someone put it here.
>>
"Rodriguez knows the answer"
"Please help me! They are holding me to write this answers against my will."
>>
"it would be extremely painful"
>>
>>329877234
"for you"
>>
is this a website?
where can i find this when you are done
>>
>>329877650
1. It won't be a website, it will be a game.
2. Idk yet, this is very early stages.
>>
>>329877724
Probably most likely free-to-play
>>
>>329877778
Where would I be able to find it? Steam?
>>
File: Untitled.png (35 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35 KB, 1440x900
So close to 99! I will credit 4chan and I adding a Name System. Some Phrases will include the name you input.
>>
>>329878070
Still, I don't know yet. maybe
>>
>>329878305
Give me a name at least nigga.
>>
"i heard of a website where you could type things in and get answers. i think it starts with a "G".
>>
>>329878454
Conrad.
>>
>>329869702
"No. Go figure it out yourself, you dingus"
"Yeah. In a million years."
>>
I think I'll call it The Marvelous Mr. 8 or something stupid like that
>>
Fuck what if I add RPG Elements for a true ending styled like a text adventure
>>
"You have a strong right arm."
"Please wipe your hands before shaking me again."
>>
Would anyone want a Text-Adventure / RPG Styled Final Boss fight againts the 8-Ball?
>>
I need 7 answers left.
>>
>>329877062
nice
>>
kinda slow, eh?
>>
File: 1455053898918.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1455053898918.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>Thought of a great answer
>Forgot what it was by the time I started typing
>>
>>329880657
tomtao pls
>>
>>329880657
Oh shit, I just remembered it.
"Ask your mom."
>>
>>329880720
Oh shit thats good *Programs in*
>>
Also put in ask your dad
>>
>>329880720
>>329880840
Alternatively, "Try asking your mom/dad" could work too
>>
"your hands..they're so soft"
>>
Finally, I got all 99 answers, thanks 4chan
>>
Any other suggestions for other things?
>>
File: Untitled.png (34 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34 KB, 1440x900
Another image of its current early state
>>
Now I'm work on a true ending. You should get it by asking certain questions and reveal Mr. 8's Dark Secrets. Oh, and I have to make sprites for Mr. 8.
>>
File: mr 8.png (27 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mr 8.png
27 KB, 800x600
>>329881356
Maybe he could look a bit like this or something?
I dunno, I'm just a random anon. I don't actually know what I'm doing.
>>
"Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!"
>>
>>329882158
Speaking of tripcodes, OP should try using one.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.