[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so good, bros? I dont feel like playing it again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: alien-isolation-xbox-360_9x8w.jpg (135 KB, 1218x1218) Image search: [Google]
alien-isolation-xbox-360_9x8w.jpg
135 KB, 1218x1218
Why is this game so good, bros? I dont feel like playing it again because I was so satisfied and it was hella scary and difficult. Colonial marines completely shattered my faith, but it's been restored. I'm also looking forward to the new prometheus movie
>>
I honestly didnt like it too much.

Everything about the game, besides the gameplay was TOP fucking notch. Especially the visuals.

The gameplay itself was just boring, and the game was twice as long as it needed to be.
>>
>>329807661
Hi, IGN
>>
>>329807932
He is right though.
This is just one of those games /v/ goes crazy about for no reason, like Bloodborne.
>>
>>329808319
>two of the vest games released recently

Maybe you just have shit taste.
>>
>>329807932
kek
>>
File: 1457203911553s.jpg (2 KB, 120x125) Image search: [Google]
1457203911553s.jpg
2 KB, 120x125
>>329807551
Never finished the game to this date, legit too intense for me to play in even short periods.

I really respect that. GG Creative Assembly.
>>
>>329809727
I think I got lucky getting past the med lab. The ayylien is just so unpredictable and it shook me to the core
>>
I heard they Xeno was ridiculous, like it detected you at weird times for seemingly no reason. Is that true?
>>
>>329807551
its a fucking slog
>>
>>329809904
I never felt that. People probably used the motion detector, which the alien can hear if its too close
>>
>>329809904
>creep around for five minutes
>sit still for five+ minutes
>repeat
>>
>>329809829
They nailed the feel of being a prey, alone and vulnerable. It made Aliens worth giving a damn again.
>>
>>329807551
I fucked loved it.

I grew up watching the movies and never thought of it as a horror movie or whatever but was in love with the design of the Aliens. I was excited as fuck when I saw my first Alien vs. Predator movie on screen simply because I could see them on the big screen for the first time.
I bought this game for halloween and it was absolutely terryfing. I was so afraid to get through the good damn medical station, oh god. It took me weeks because I couldn't get over how scary it felt. The sound was literally 12/10 of the Alien. I couldn't deal with his running footsteps. The area where you have to trap the Alien and the gravity goes to shit is even scarier.

I had 4 nightmares because of this game and screamed like a bitch several times on my walkthroughs. Played it at least 4 times.
>>
>>329807551
I like it but holy shit it takes just under an hour before they let you play the fucking thing.
>>
>>329807551

It's literally a walking simulator.
>>
>>329807551
I really like it but the bullshit in this game puts me off every time
>See Alien's drool coming from the vents
>Decide to avoid it
>Open the first door in the infirmary
>No drool or sound effects
>Alien jumps me and kills me

>Get to the terminal to activate the robot
>Hear the sound of the Alien coming down the vent and sprinting at me
>Insta-death
But the overall Alien cutting animations to sprint at you or simply not knowing where you are but coming your way anyways is a big fuck you to immersion and pacing
>>
File: 1421534952746.jpg (56 KB, 572x480) Image search: [Google]
1421534952746.jpg
56 KB, 572x480
What's the most terrifying DLC?
>>
Was this room the boss fight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXMFRkdjrE
12/10, holy crap. I couldn't help but scream when the Alien jumped over the god damn closet. Every time I get to this part I think it spotted me because of its scream.
>>
>>329809904
It is
Sometimes you hear the Alien creep in the vents at all times
Sometimes he will decide to randomly descend from the ceiling and spawn for a couple of minutes
Other times it spawns but somehow magically walks to the locker you're closed in and if you hold your breath for like 20 seconds he will still jump at the locker if you let the keys go even if he walked away from the locker and couldn't hear you
It's a great game but there's a lot of stuff done wrong when it comes to the Alien
>>
>>329811705
Oh God, yes.
>3rd playthrough
>Mission object is to capture the Alien
>get in the room where you have to trap it
>huge tunnel system
>I've never seen the Alien in the vents, I guess I'm safe down there
>get in the vents and look through the grids where the Alien is
>hmm, I can't see it anymore
>and a few seconds later that fucker is directly in front of me in the vent
I screamed like a fucking bitch, holy shit.
>>
I wanted to like this game, but it isn't very good.

Once the Xeno shows up, you spend like 80% of the rest of the game crouching, and whether it finds you or not while moving from cover A to cover B is pure luck. It changes from scary to tedious after some time and then streches on and on forever.
>>
File: 1448313557824.gif (4 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1448313557824.gif
4 MB, 294x233
>tfw no sequel
>>
>>329812641
>and whether it finds you or not while moving from cover A to cover B is pure luck
This is literally not true. I played through hard without getting killed even once.

I guess I was just lucky all the time.

>>329812742
I want a sequel on LV426 that starts shortly before shit goes down. I want to feel comfy at the station at first. I really missed that in Isolation. Everything was so cool but I always had to watch out for the Alien.
>>
>>329807551
Top tier taste op, also looking forward to the new movie
>>
>>329812884
>stalled
>>
>>329812884
>Neil "One Hit Wonder" Blomkamp
I'd love it to be good, but not likely
>>
>>329807551
>Why is this game so good, bros?

it's not tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
>>
>>329813084
>pretends that Alien 3 and 4 never happened
>not likely
Nigga.
>>
I played on nightmare, the only way to play the game. The only things I really disliked were the long android segments and the ending. Hiding from the xenomorph and luring it to kill humans for me was amazing.
>>
>>329812884
Is that still being made? I want it so much more than Scott's sequel.
>>
>>329812874
>I guess I was just lucky all the time.
Yes you were. When you crouch down a corridor with no cover within arms reach, the game seems to roll a dice whether the Xeno would come down from a vent next to you (resulting in an instant game over before you get the flamethrower) or not. This happens all the time in level where the Xeno is "activated" even if it's in the passive state and when you never give away your position.
>>
>>329813401
It's not like you have flares or noise makers.
>>
Was thinking about playing this again in VR but no, fuck those prices

Going to start again on nightmare later i think
>>
>>329812986
>>329813397
Prometheus 2 is coming out next year, but they renamed it to Alien: Covenant
>>
>>329813401
You can always hear it coming, and you have plenty of time to back up and hide before it fully descends from the vents.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 200x252
>>329813162
>Previously Recorded
>>
>>329813540
Ridley Scott can suck a dick desu senpai.
>>
>>329813589
surely you mean what's-his-name who made Lost
>>
>>329813401
>When you crouch down a corridor with no cover within arms reach, the game seems to roll a dice whether the Xeno would come down from a vent next to you
I can confirm that
When you activate the evacuation procedures to leave the Cristobal medical lab I died like 6 times and every time it was a different scenario
One time the alien spawned in front of me as I opened a door
Another time the alien walked down the corredor and magically turned to the locker
Another time I passed through a corredor, the door opened and the Xeno turned around the very second the animaton was triggered and sprinted towards me
>>
>>329813757
Ridly Scott isn't oding Prometheus 2?
>>
>>329813887
Sure, but everything is Damon Lindelof's fault. He can come up with cool ideas, but never finish them properly
>>
>>329812052
Anyone?
>>
>Why is this game so good
Because it gives you TONS of agency in what you can do, but at the same time you are weak and ineffective against an enemy who, at the most, you can scare away temporarily and who you can only do that so many times to.

>>329809904
Yes and no.

On the one hand, it would randomly patrol areas for no reason and was incredibly frustrating in certain situations (and it would puppy guard objectives a lot). But it wouldn't detect you unless 1) it saw you, 2) it heard you, 3) you sat perfectly still in one place for a long time and it sniffed you out. The problem is that for noise, EVERYTHING you do makes noise (except for crouch walking). Open a locker? Move around in a locker? Used the motion tracker? All of them give the alien a clue as to where you are.
>>
I think it was the best game I've played since this gen started, but it was too long and doesn't have any replayability after you finish it.
>>
>>329814429
>EVERYTHING you do makes noise
that, and walking diagonally

seriously why didn't they ever patch that
>>
>>329807661
>>329808319
>I only play on easy mode
>>
>>329813162
>They played through the game on Medium difficulty, despite it explicitly saying to play through on Hard if you want the full experience
>WHY IS THIS GAME TOO EASY?
>WHY IS THE ALIEN SO PREDICTABLE?
>WHY ISN'T THE ALIEN PREDICTABLE?
>WHY DO I HAVE TO SIT HERE AND SLOWLY OPEN A DOOR IN A GAME WHERE I'M CONSTANTLY BEING HUNTED?
>>
>>329813887
No he's doing Alien Covenant. Only returning Prometheus star is Fasbender as David. Which means that pther guy got shitt canned because Ridley doesn't want him stepping on his toes.
>>
>>329814685
>implying harder difficulties make the stealth any less broken and the alien less predictable (spoiler: it's weakness is waist high objects)
> implying that half the time you aren't completely safe when opening doors and playing spooky wario ware
>>
>>329814660
Well, I mean the point behind that was that your shoes squeak if you turn suddenly, but they just didn't test it.

Also if you are playing on console, the alien could hear YOU through your kinect/pseye.
>>
>>329814156
This desu. Ridley wrote a script for a direct prequel to Alien that made sense (black goo was just weird looking prototype xenos) then Fox wanted to milk it with a sequel so they hired that fucking retard to re write the script.
>>
>>329807551
Easily best game of 2014, what a godawful year for games though.
>>
>>329812026
I think we're supposed to find out that there have always been multiple xenos. But there was a lot of bullshit that suspended my immersion.
>>
>>329815440
Sure was a coincidence that they all decided to go hide when you took out one of them, they must've been all like, "that Amanda Ripley, she's a real badass, better not mess with her any more."
>>
>>329816207
They were all inside of the hive still, and after the AI makes the Working Joes go full evil it flushes out the other aliens.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.