[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buy my game faggot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9
File: 1444028550713.jpg (94 KB, 631x315) Image search: [Google]
1444028550713.jpg
94 KB, 631x315
buy my game faggot
>>
I'm sure this meme is epic, but I legit don't know who that guy is
>>
File: jotaro scuba ok.jpg (28 KB, 259x359) Image search: [Google]
jotaro scuba ok.jpg
28 KB, 259x359
>that federation force defense

I'm baffled the guy didn't bow in shame and say "I'm sorry."

I can only hope they do the same for Paper Mario.
>>
>>329792904
Kensuke Tanabe, the creator of Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Did you know it took 7 years to make?
>>
>>329792836
>you baka creary dont understand dis gaimu, so ret me damage contror for 7 minutes straight
>proceeds to make it sound even worse by saying it was originally for the fucking DSi and has been in development hell for 7 years
>>
No, fuck you, tanabe. You ruined paper Mario.
>>
>>329792993
Oh, I muted that bit of the Direct. Thanks.

Still, a bit of a deep cut.
>>
>>329792943
>apologizing for a spinoff game
>>
>>329792993
it probably went through a lot of development hell.

That's usually not a good sign for a lot of projects.
>>
>>329792943
Yeah how dare he defend a game hes been working on for 10 years, what a gay
Fuck you, listening to fans is never a good idea
>>
>>329792993
If it had actually been released 7 years ago you would have all sucked Federation Force's cock and hailed it as a master piece no matter how hard people would criticize it.
>>
>>329793686
AFAIK, NLG were in the process of developing it when Miyamoto kicked down the door and made them develop Luigi's Mansion
>>
>>329793769
>DSiware game

Nah.
>>
>>329792836
No, not if you're going to be that rude.
>>
>>329793769
>DSi Ware
>master piece

nah that shit would be dead immediately.
>>
The Prime framework was only ever good for the exploration, puzzle solving, and scanning. It's full retard to make a game like this.
>>
>>329793754
>10 years for that

Come on now. It's dead in the water just like that poor guy's dreams.
>>
>Paying for 3DS games during the golden age of piracy
I'll play through your game and still shitpost about it.
>>
Since 2009
>>
>>329793754
>listening to fans is never a good idea
Nintendo in a nutshell
The reason why I stopped bothering with that company
>>
>>329792836
>work on something for a long time
>people are now obligated to buy it because you had a rough time and it took a while

whoops, i don't think that's how it works, down syndrome nip
>>
Honestly if there had just been a mainline Metroid game released at literally any point between Other M and now this probably would have been seen as a cute little spinoff, a team-up game about the Federation in the Metroid universe is not inherently a bad concept but it sucks when this is the only Metroid news in years
>>
>>329793686
>>329792993
No it didn't, they dropped the idea when Miyamoto asked them to make Luigi's Mansion 2 and decided to restart from scratch when they finished.
>>
>>329792836
the funny thing is, in the Japanese direct his talk wasn't even shown, it was specifically directed at us.

Guess the Japs just ignored the game instead of downvoting and shitting all over it
>>
>>329794634
i fucking hope not.
>our people don't even care enough to comment, and westerners are complaining about it for these reasons they provided
>what should we do
>well clearly the west is wrong and we better let them know
>>
>>329794789
Keep in mind the game is being made by Canadians
>>
>>329793769
I agree with you but for a good reason. No one really gets mad at Nintendo spin off games. Zelda, Mario, Kirby (Well every other game is almost always crazy different so I have no clue what is a spin off with that) whatever. But the problem with Federation Force is people have worry about Metroid as a IP for Nintendo. The last game was Other M almost 6 years ago and that left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. So to right now 6 years later to make a spin off when people are wondering what Nintendo is going to do with the main series (Main or Prime) really makes people confuse and because of that angry. I mean Metroid had a stupidly fun pinball game and no one raised a flag. If they also announced a real Metroid game along side Federation Force I 100% believe everyone would look at Federation Force as the same as people look at Triforce Heroes. As either something they are not that interested in or something you are willing to try out.
>>
Would people be more positive about the game if they just reskinned it with Samus and called it "Prime Hunters: Online Battle" or some shit?
>>
>I-I dindu nuffin, buy my shit!

That was pretty entertaining.
>>
Can Tanabe-posting be the new Todd-posting?
>>
>>329794634
That's because Metroid has been more of a western game than Japan. Japan doesn't really care all that much about the series. While Zelda has a lot of Japanese fans it's more loved over here than there.
>>
>>329795018
>But the problem with Federation Force is people have worry about Metroid as a IP for Nintendo. The last game was Other M almost 6 years ago and that left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. So to right now 6 years later to make a spin off when people are wondering what Nintendo is going to do with the main series (Main or Prime) really makes people confuse and because of that angry.
I would consider myself a fan. But I really can't understand this.
I legitimately thought that Metroid as a franchise might actually have gone the way of F-Zero and the Wars game and died. What with Other M's terrible reception and everything.

So upon seeing Federation Force my initial reaction was "Wow, so Nintendo haven't given up on the Nintendo franchise" and it made me a bit happy.
Granted that Federation Force was in no way what I expected of Metroid. But the above still applies. I expected nothing. I imagined Metroid to be did. Since Federation Force's reveal I actually expect future Metroid games again. But people are apparently out to murder Nintendo for the game not being what they wished for or something.
>>
>>329795026
Not if it still had this bobble-head artstyle
>>
>>329795512
The problem is that most Metroid fans just wanted a new real Metroid game. To them they feel they are using the Metorid in name only. You can easily replace the names and no one would have guessed it had anything to do with Metroid. And like I said the problem is also the whole idea of just making a spin off game while making people wonder if the real series is alive or dead makes people confuse.

Personally I just see it as just a weird spin off like every other weird spin off that Nintendo does. But I 100% get why people are a bit mad at Federation Force. People right now just want to know the actual state of Metroid and Nintendo making this doesn't really answer the question.
>>
I never knew Metroidbabbies were so sensitive when it came to artstyle.

I don't recall too many people going "REEEEEEEE Paper Mario is NOT Mario. He is NOT made out of Paper! And Mario is NOT supposed to be a fucking RPG!" when Paper Mario was first made.
>>
>>329796084
because that game came out before you were born
>>
File: 280783-MetroidPrototype.jpg (61 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
280783-MetroidPrototype.jpg
61 KB, 620x350
>>329795530
How about a kind of blocky artstyle like their original game was going to be?
>>
>>329795927
>You can easily replace the names and no one would have guessed it had anything to do with Metroid.
With the promotional material sure. But unlikely what with all the story and text in the game.
>>
File: 1456168270192.jpg (45 KB, 592x600) Image search: [Google]
1456168270192.jpg
45 KB, 592x600
>>329792836
Did anybody else cringe over the damage control doublespeak during the direct?

>Last year at E3, we showed a new game that left Metroid fans with a lot of questions
>Here's the producer of the Prime series to tell you why Federation Force is essential to the Metroid Universe!
>Look, Samus is in it! See, guys?

Fucking unbearable.
>>
>>329796270
I think in general Next Level Games was not a good fit for the series

Even Luigi's Mansion 2 got shit for being too cartoony and linear, so taking a series that's known for NOT being cartoony or linear and giving it to this team seems really ill-fitting and when I saw that concept art I was relieved that it was cancelled.
>>
>>329793754
It is when the game you're selling is being published by a dying company whose fans are dedicated and have been asking for the same thing for the past decade
>>
Kensuke's dub voice-actor had a really bad lisp. What was up with that?
>>
>>329793769
7 years ago the Metroid series was at the height of its popularity and was getting games left and right. As of 2016, the Metroid series stands as such:
>Last original 2D game in the Canon was Fusion in 2002
>Last Prime game was 2007
>Last game in general was Other M

This isn't a good standing to make a spin-off. The series needs a new installment, bottom line. Making a spin-off while the series has an ambiguous future is a move only Nintendo would be retarded enough to make.

Compare Metroid to Zelda. When Zelda gets remakes, remasters and spin-offs, nobody minds or is worried by it because Nintendo has to die before they stop making Zelda's. Dont like the newest Zelda game? Wait 10 months for the next one. Not saying Metroid is as popular as Zelda, but you have to look at the problem from the perspective of Metroid fans to understand.
>>
This is pretty much Hunters 2.0 and Hunters was so shitty. I don't know how people look back on it with fond memories.

I'd rather play Other M than Hunters.
>>
>>329797021
>but you have to look at the problem from the perspective of Metroid fans to understand.
Finally being able to imagine new Metroid games being made as opposed to slowly accepting the franchise as dead?
Federation Force was proof that the franchise isn't dead. Yet it made people froth at the mouth with rage.
>>
>>329797254
Most people here were likely in middle school or even elementary school when they first played Hunters so they remember it fondly. I never had a DS but when I got my 3DS and started digging into the DS library, Hunters was one of the first games I played and I was shocked by how horrible it was.
>>
>>329797281
>Yet it made people froth at the mouth with rage.
Because it's not a fucking Metroid game at all. It's some co-op FPS shoot-em-up that nobody asked for and, it looks like a complete cash grab.

Metroid has a fanbase that is starved for a new game. Putting an actual Metroid game out on the 3DS, or even a remake of Super or Return of Samus, would be a fucking spectacle. But Nintendo doesn't want to do that. They're slapping a niche audience in the face and they will likely see consequences for it.
>>
>>329796420
Metroid has been cartoony as fuck ever since the GBA
>>
>>329793754
>a game hes been working on for 10 years
10 years for that shit? Even I can do something better in less time.
>>
>>329797782
>Because it's not a fucking Metroid game at all.
It's a game set in the Metroid setting featuring places, characters, and organizations from the Metroid setting. With a story tied to the elements of the Metroid world.

No matter if it ends up being an awful Metroid game or not it's about as much of a Metroid game as Mario RPG or whatever is a Mario game. Yes it's different but it's still clearly a Metroid game. Would you argue that Pokken not a Pokemon game?
>>
>>329793607
It doesnt excuse it being a spin off, its terrible
>>
>>329798129
You took me too literally. Yes the game is a Metroid spin-off but it's not the mainline Metroid game that the series needs and the fans want. If this game were to be a companion game to Prime 4 or something, people would be way, way less pissed off.

Again, nobody gets pissed about Mario, Zelda or Pokemon spin-off games because these franchises get games constantly. Metroid doesn't.
>>
>>329798129
The problem with Federation Force is that it's a spin off with no new of the main game. Mario RPG games are fine because Mario has always been there. Zelda Triforce Heroes is fine because a new Zelda game is always there. Metroid has been silence for over 5 years which is kind of normal for Metroid honestly. But without any news on the main game and just a Hunter like spin off makes people wonder what the state of the actual Metroid IP is. Is Metroid dead, alive just being tinkered from behind the scenes, what? You can't make a spin off without a mainline game and not expect people to ask what happens to the mainline game. And if Nintendo can't give an actual answer to that question people will be mad at the spin off.
>>
>>329792993
how many years?
>>
The problem isn't that I made a shitty game that no one wants, it's that you guys are wrong for not appreciating my genius vision.
>>
>>329798129
>No matter if it ends up being an awful Metroid game or not it's about as much of a Metroid game as Mario RPG or whatever is a Mario game. Yes it's different but it's still clearly a Metroid game.
Dude are you seriously retarded enough to think that Mario and Metroid get the same kind of treatment? Different contexts, dumbass
>>
>>329799096
>Is Metroid dead, alive just being tinkered from behind the scenes, what?
Dead franchises don't receive new games. So Federation Force implies the franchise isn't dead.
>>
>>329799363
>think that Mario and Metroid get the same kind of treatment?
No such implication was ever made.
>>
>>329797782
>it looks like a complete cash grab.
Yes, because a game that took 7 years in development hell to wait for the right tech, trying to expand the Metroid lore beyond just samus, & clearly a project the man is passionate about to create is a cash grab.
The only thing I can't understand is the artstyle, but I can get past that.
>>
>>329799389
Okay, so let's say hypothetically that Nintendo is working on a new Metroid. We'll say Prime 4 for the NX.

If anybody in the marketing department had a single working brain cell, they would have at least teased that fact that Prime 4 is coming and that Fed Force is there to hold us off until then.
>>
>>329799523
>Passion always means the game will be good.
Right, like how I'm going to be a star basketball player, even though I'm four feet tall and weigh six hundred pounds, because I love basketball.
>>
File: 1454398878721.jpg (76 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1454398878721.jpg
76 KB, 300x300
>>329796538
They actually had to dub it for the American direct?
>>
>>329796272
plenty assert that all that was added later on in order to make what was some no-name title into a metroid game. Much like starfox adventures
>>
>>329796295

Microsoft did the same thing when we shat all over their plans to stop trading games.

>We must not have explained it right
>You just didn't understand

We understood perfectly you cheeky cunts. We have no questions about Federation Force, just release the shit and start work on something else.
>>
>>329799501
Yeah they were, you keep drawing false correlations between Mario and Pokemon to Metroid.

Like someone else ITT already said, nobody gives a fuck when Zelda gets shitty spin-offs because Zelda games happen all the time. Same goes for Pokemon and Mario. When Mario Tennis for the Wii U bombed, were there any threads panicking about the future of Mario?

Use your head, anon.
>>
>>329799817
>plenty assert that all that was added later on in order to make what was some no-name title into a metroid game. Much like starfox adventures
Except that Samus was mentioned and confirmed to be in the game in the very first interview about the game. And there is no reason to believe they're lying when they claim it's an old project that has gone through development hell.
>>
>>329799523
>b-but it's made with love!!!
Nice sentimental narrative, faggot
>>
>>329799848
Valve and paid mods too
>oh nobody 'got' it
>it was just the wrong time
>>
>>329800020
>there is no reason to believe they're lying

Just started playing video games yesterday?
>>
>>329799947
>Yeah they were
Not there wasn't. It was a direct response to the claim that Federation Force somehow isn't a Metroid game. It fucking is.
Nowhere was it implied that they are on equal footing or in anyway receiving equal treatment.
Metroid has been in fucking death throes, they are nowhere near on the same level. But it's still as much of a Metroid game as other spinoffs are part of their franchises. In that sense they're the same. Did you even read my posts or did you immediately proceed to make overbearing conclusions of your own assessment?
>>
>>329800229
We know for sure that they wanted to make more Multiplayer Metroid games since Hunters. Just that nothing came of it and there were all kinds of troubles with the related developers of the time.

A lie or not the background still checks out at the very least.
>>
>>329800343
i think you should dial down on the asshurt
>>
>>329799690
Yeesh that became depressing very quickly.
Anyway, most passion projects end up good or at least enjoyable. & this in all fairness looks fun. Something I can enjoy with friends, or place my self in hard mode & give myself a challenge. The artstyle as stated is the biggest hinder to everyone. Along with a secondary mode placed in the game as a brief distraction probably something they made to test the waters for puzzles then just started making as a side thing I can see some things in this game that interest me a lot more though that have mainly been fleshed out in this recent direct. I agree that this game came out at a bad time & that a spin off is off putting. But it seems like it could flesh out the GF more. If Samus is a second to end boss, that will be pretty cool
>>329800045
Ouch my feelings, that generic comeback hit me right in the balls.
>>
File: 1433034051376.png (477 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
1433034051376.png
477 KB, 500x423
>>329792836
This triggers me. The game looks like absolute shit, but i feel for the man, pushing a game for 7 years.

Not gonna buy it though.
>>
>>329800343
nobody is saying that FF isnt a spinfff you salty faggot relax
>>
>>329801472
>Because it's not a fucking Metroid game at all.
>>
File: kensuke.png (133 KB, 1080x416) Image search: [Google]
kensuke.png
133 KB, 1080x416
Is he right?
>>
>>329802284
Metroid Prime, yeah.
>>
is this gonna be the new Todd posting?
>>
>>329796420
I honestly think Luigis Mansion 2 was a step up from the first game in pretty much every aspect except the ghost designs, which were more simplistic and copy pasted in 2.
>>
File: japanese phil fish unimpressed.jpg (2 MB, 3568x2000) Image search: [Google]
japanese phil fish unimpressed.jpg
2 MB, 3568x2000
Poor Tanabe
7 years wasted for a bunch of ungrateful fucks
>>
>7 years for a Borderlands clone
wew
>>
>>329801401
how many years?
>>
>>329803901
Even borderlands is more complex than this shit

The medic class shown in the direct cracked me the fuck up, as if enemies in Nintendo games do any damage
>>
>>329804151
7 years. It was a DSi game, and it shows.
>>
I can't blame NLG/Tanabe for how badly Nintendo has been treating Metroid, but I CAN blame them for making a mediocre boringass game.

I mean, Triforce Heroes wasn't AMAZING 10/10, but I had a fair bit of fun with it. Federation Force doesn't look fun at all. Metroid Prime wasn't good because of the shooting mechanics, they were serviceable at best. Prime was good because of the atmosphere, exploration, item progression, level design, music, lore, etc. All things that FF fails horribly at.
>>
>>329803725
We have to be grateful for this turd? Nah. That's the Zelda fans.
>>
>>329803725
It wasn't actually 7 years constant

It originally started as a DSi game 7 years ago then they realized the limitations and shelved it, then they didn't restart the project until New 3DS came out because they could make use of the extra hardware and C stick.
>>
File: Other M.jpg (549 KB, 850x1083) Image search: [Google]
Other M.jpg
549 KB, 850x1083
>>329795927
It doesn't help Federation Force sets a new rock bottom for the series. You know you fucked up when your game makes Other M look less shit.
>>
>>329805890
>sets a new rock bottom for the series
You haven't even played it
>>
>>329805890
Why would you save that garbage pic?
>>
>>329806004
I don't even need to. It's going to be a shitty co-op shooter for casuals with aesthetics for toddlers.

>>329806089
To help depict the point that Other M sucked and your amazonian waifu became a submissive bitch to a douchebag.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.