[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: series you tried to get into, but never could.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Final fantasy. Though to be honest that includes every JRPG ever with the exception of dragon quest.
>>
Persona, fuck grinding for attributes.
>>
>>329773491

>Can't get into Ace Combat

What's wrong with you Anon?
>>
MGS

I got tired of the cutscenes and dialogue
>>
Christ OP I feel so bad for you.

Also what the fuck is with this new captcha?
>>
>>329777258
It probably was too shit for his taste. Understandable, really.
>>
Zelda

Sonic

Telltale games

ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>329773491
I played it for the first time the other day having never played a game like it ever before and instantly got hooked. That gameplay is some good shit.
>>
>>329773491

I don't get what's hard to get into about Ace Combat. It's just one of those simple and straightforwardly fun games.
>>
>>329773491
If you tried to start with 5 I don't blame you.
04, story takes a backseat for gameplay. Zero is pretty story-driven, but less heavy-handed and cheesy than 5. Plus the dialogue/missions change depending how you play.

No harm not getting into AC though, if it's just not your thing.
>>
Valkyria Chronicles. I love how it looks, but not how it works.

Maybe Yakuza series. I played Kenka Banchou beforehand and it made my standard of modern beat 'em up to be above "loading times per combat". I hated that. I still want to try 2 or the samurai entries.
>>
>>329773491
CoH and Total War series.
>>
Yeah, as a huge ace combat fan I could see people getting bored of it

honestly I kinda like the more chilled out nature of it, shit really gets progressively intense and you find yourself actually giving a shit about the world and the characters etc.

Who hype for 7 here?
>>
Zelda. I've only ever beaten OoT and it was alright. I've played a couple others but I've not beaten them

Soul Calibur. The fighting just doesn't gel with me, plus it's a bit too button mashy for my tastes. 2 was fun though.

GTA. Too much world to explore, my ADD can't take it. I've not beaten a lot of open world games but I could never make any headway in a GTA game.

Ace combat is the dopest shit however.
>>
>>329777882
I only tried Joint Assault and Skies of Deception
>>
>>329778095
>Two shitty portable games

kys
>>
>>329778095
Joint Assualt is quite weak but X really ramps up halfway through. Like >>329778019 said 4,5 and 0 are probably the best places to start. At least until 3 is fully translated.
>>
File: 1308188469001.jpg (27 KB, 328x400) Image search: [Google]
1308188469001.jpg
27 KB, 328x400
>>329773491
Metroid. I really wanted to like it too..
>>
>>329778019
> progressively intense
Severe understatement, just finished 04 today, the last Yellow Squadron fight was a nightmare.
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
>DODGE MOBIUS ONE! MOBIUS ONE HE'S ON YOUR TAIL! JINK RIGHT! DON'T FLY IN A STRAIGHT LINE!
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
It's absolutely harrowing
>>
>>329777734

You like dolls anon don't you ?
It's alright.
>>
>>329778019
If 7 is a PS4 exclusive (which it probably is) I will gladly trade in my dusty old Xbone in a heartbeat for that and Bloodborne
>>
bioshock.. friends all reckon its good but I never really liked it
>>
Dark Souls. The clunkiness of the characters reminded me of the ARMA games.
>>
Every RTS ever.

I want to enjoy them, I really do.
I've bought a bunch of them and pirated more, but I just can't get into them.
I can't even get my head around controlling things in real-time.

Looks like I'll just be stuck forever with TBS.
>>
File: header.jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
25 KB, 460x215
I've tried multiple times.
>>
>>329778185
I wouldn't think 5 or 0 would be that good to start with either. 5 starts off super slow and super boring if you don't already care about the setting (and it's the shittiest numbered AC anyway), and playing 0 without already knowing the plot from 5 is weird. 4 and 6 would be much better. 4 because the writing is actually interesting and gets you invested from the start, and 6 because it doesn't even care about making itself interesting so you can just ignore the setting and focus on shooting down like a million planes from the start.
>>
megaman. too difficult.
>>
Every mmorpg. Ever since my friend tried to get me into Everquest Kunark back in high school I tried them all. Never stuck really, always a "this one will be different!" feeling, with WoW being the only mmorpg I ever got very far in (classic).
>>
File: Banjo_and_Kazooie.jpg (40 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
Banjo_and_Kazooie.jpg
40 KB, 300x316
I tried many times back when it was relevant, i just don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>329778231

>Flying low at the end of deep strike
>turning within the canyons
>The fucking sound of stonehenge shooting in the background
>That weird ass air distortion effect every time it shoots

Loved that mission, also shattered skies after that was the most fun shit ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st84hazcfMU

>HIGH! HIGH!
>Drop that SOB!
>HARD ENEMY RADAR SPIKE
>WE'VE GOT YELLOWS!
>>
Every WRPG.

My tiny weeaboo mind can't handle all the content and dialogue.
>>
>>329778667
Play Oldschool Runescape.

It's the perfect game for browsing 4chan with (I'm playing it right now)
>>
The Zelda series

Metal Gear; I played Metal Gear Solid and enjoyed it, but all the ones after that didn't hold my interest. Rising was fun though since it's a different style.

Tower Defense/MOBAs

Also most Metroidvanias
>>
File: 1455676460535.png (400 KB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
1455676460535.png
400 KB, 447x447
>>329778231

mfw i started getting feels during the final mission briefing

>That silence during the megalith brief
>The speech
>Mobius' theme when picking your aircraft for your final sortie

"All aircraft, follow mobius 1!"

Good shit.
>>
>>329778737
>//I don't care if it's a lie! Just tell them Mobius 1's flying top cover!//
>//That fighter... It has a ribbon! That's the Grim Reaper!//
>//Mobius Squadron, check in.//
>>
>>329779114
>//
>Not just going with << >>
Come on man
>>
>>329778269
Shooting helpless green boxes sure is fun.
>>
Most fighting games. There are a couple that I like such as BlazBlue and Tekken, but none that I've really ever cared enough about to git gud at. I just dabble because sometimes I like the characters.

>>329778459
Have you tried Company of Heroes? I have a tough time getting into RTSs too because there's so much going on, but CoH is relatively simple. Basic base management (none at all depending on the faction), simple economy, and much less to manage compared to something like StarCraft or Supreme Commander.
>>
>>329778737
>TFW flying with your buddies at the start of Tango Line
>hear Sky Eye suddenly shouting you need to get below 2000ft
>fuckfuckfuck
><<10 seconds to impact, 8, 7, 6, 5..>>
><<All aircraft, hit the deck and prepare for impact.>>
>explosions and distortion everywhere
>check map
>half of the friendly planes on the map are gone

That game was something else, let me tell you.
>>
File: feels.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
feels.gif
2 MB, 236x224
Dark Souls
Deus Ex (original)
WH 40k
>>
File: mfw.gif (156 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
156 KB, 260x187
>>329773491
>mfw tried ace combat
>liked Crimson Skies so much more
>>
>>329781075
>TFW there will never be a third Crimson Skies
>>
Mass Effect.
I loved the look of it, but I wanted to play them all in order. But the first one was just so slow that I dropped it.

Uncharted.
The first hour of the first game was horrible. The combat was easy, bullets did no damage to me or anyone and Drake was constantly sprinting ALL THE TIME. I don't understand the hype.
>>
>>329781195
>giving a shit about the second one
>>
File: yeahmon.jpg (13 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
yeahmon.jpg
13 KB, 224x225
>>329781075
>>329781195
>>
>>329781230
For what it's worth, Uncharted didn't really find its footing until 2. If you didn't like the core gameplay of the first one, the sequel probably won't change your mind but it does have much more variety and a significantly better overall campaign than the first one did.

Also speaking of ME, I played and really enjoyed ME2 without having played 1. My understanding is that it is a significant improvement on 1 in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>329778231
Better than AC6, which I finished recently. I get that they were proud of the scale they could achieve on the new hardware, but half the battles turned into
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
As ten thousand fucking fighters launched at you at once.
>>
>>329781598

>My understanding is that it is a significant improvement on 1 in terms of gameplay.
It's a complete overhaul. While it is probably better, most fans of the first game were turned off by the fact that they revamped everything instead of only fixing what's broken.
>>
>>329781605
They tried to make every mission a big large scale battle
>>
>>329781605
I dunno, for what 6 may have lacked in classic Ace Combat storytelling it more than made up for in scale and simple fun factor. I absolutely adored the Operations mechanic, for once it felt like the battle didn't revolve around you.
>>
File: wind_breaker.jpg (58 KB, 593x333) Image search: [Google]
wind_breaker.jpg
58 KB, 593x333
Tried to get into it several times per emulator. Always lost interest after the first dungeon-island... It looks like a masterpiece but I just cant seem to get into it... :(
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.