[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rare positive /v/ thread. What did you like about this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: latest[1].png (21 KB, 996x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
21 KB, 996x1200
Rare positive /v/ thread.

What did you like about this series?
>>
The setting sometimes
>>
Black flag was the last good game.
>>
transexual characters
>>
The history aspect
The secret puzzles
Easy learning curve
Architecture
Map style
>>
You know, looking back, I don't think there's a single thing I liked about any of the games. What a shitty series.
>>
is syndicate any good
>>
>>329755882
Nothing. It sucked since ac2 and fuck ubi for milking it so fucking much
>>
>>329756024
I do not understand to this day why people liked Black Flag.
It's too basic to be a good pirate game and there's too little assassin stuff to be a good AC game.
Easily the worst mainline game in the series.
>>
i like that it helps me determine if somebody has shitty taste in games or not
>>
>>329756458
I enjoyed it for what it was. It was decent. Not my favorite though. I very much enjoyed the Ezio trilogy.
>>
Hey everyone! Donkey (That's videogamedunkey of course) JUST made a video about this game!

You should all watch it :D xD xD
>>
>>329755882
The modern day storyline can get pretty stupid in a fun way. The gameplay of Syndicate was for the most part solid. The last two games have had some solid waifus. The art direction in Unity was incredible and it is one of the most graphically impressive games this gen (awesome lighting during the cutscenes as well). The naval combat in Black Flag/Rogue was pretty fun. Rogue, Brotherhood, Syndicate, and Black Flag are relatively solid games.

I have a lot of negative things I could say about the series, but I won't.
>>
>>329755882
Should have stopped at the 3rd game, then 8 years later make a reboot.
>>
>>329755882
AC2 was awesome and everything I could want in an AC game, the rest of the Ezio trilogy was okay too.

Black Flag was fun, wish they had the balls to make it a new IP instead of just slapping the AC name on it.
>>
>>329756458
>>329756024

I own almost every ass creed game and black flag is the only one I've played through. It's awesome.

> Atmosphere
> sailing songs
> sailing where ever I want to go
> almost every island is accessible
> every ship is pillageable

It was more like a pirating GTA than a AC game. I still have it installed.
>>
>>329756024
>AC2 was the last and only good game
>>
>>329755882
The general theme of chaos vs order, especially in 3. Plus it was mindless fun, you didn't need to put effort in it or try hard.
>>
>>329756458
Because it's a pirate simulator. That's pretty much the only reason. Everything else about AC4 was pretty bad. Every island looked and felt the same except for the ones that had main events from the story.

And the naval combat really wasn't even that great. I've played mobile games with a better naval combat experience.
>>
>>329756458
Name a better pirate game in third/first person. Don't come with that shitty mount and blade mod,
>>
>>329755882
It died after AC3, I don't care if Black Fag was good or not, it died.

I fucking loved this franchise, its crazy modern sci-fi story was damn good, all those twists in history, the god-tier Jesper Kyd music and the locations that had soul, what a fucking shame it was ruined by some french (french canadian) fat fucks in suits.
>>
>>329756024
Syndicate is actually really solid.
>>
>>329756375
Honestly /v/ tends to say everything is shit. So to even post that you don't like it literally doesn't mean anything to anyone here and doesn't add anything to the conversation. That being said, the only fun thing I ever found was throwing spears and longswords into people faces on Brotherhood.
>>
>>329756287
I just got it this week.

Probably the best in a long while. London is probably the best designed city in the series since Rome in Brotherhood, and the zipline mechanic adds a lot of fun to climbing.

Main characters (there are 2 playable protogs this time) are also pretty likable, the story is fun as well. Less convoluted and much more streamlined in terms of plot. Modern day tech also makes it fun like having trains to ride and shit. I'd def check it out if i was you.
>>
File: Detective Badd.gif (14 KB, 258x194) Image search: [Google]
Detective Badd.gif
14 KB, 258x194
>>329755882
Ezio was the Main character for awhile. then they tried to make an AC without Ezio and it wasn't very good.
>>
>>329760843
>it died
>released 2 fantastic games after 3 (Black Flag and Syndicate)
>is now no longer doing yearly releases so that they can make better games

sure it died. sure.
>>
I'm just going to put this out there. I actually enjoyed AC3. It was not the best, but I certainly didn't hate it like most people seem to. I liked the American Revolution setting. And even though everyone says Connor is boring and souless, and I found his motivation somewhat confusing towards the end, I actually like that he wasn't a "traditional" assassin.
>>
File: IMG_4536891738778.jpg (13 KB, 480x286) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4536891738778.jpg
13 KB, 480x286
>>
>>329761723
I agree with you.

I liked 3 more than Revelations and Brotherhood, and don't really understand the hate it gets at all.

The revolution setting was interesting, and it was fun to see a war unfold. The introduction of naval combat was great, and Conner was an interesting and understandably frustrated protagonist. I mean he was a fucking Native American, he has reason to be pissed off and vengeance hungry.

Also the forest setting and climbing trees and mounains was badass.
>>
>>329755882
I liked the modern day story and was engrossed by it until 3.
Unpopular opinion but 3 is my favourite game of the series
Revelations is my favourite of the past stories
4 is an amazing pirate game, but not a great ass Creed game
Unity finally got rid of the bland empty open world just for the sake of having an open world. Unity is far beautiful looking, best combat and actually feels like the French revolution days.

I have yet to play syndicate yet but from what I have seen it looks mediocre and not what victorian London would have felt like
>>
>>329762138
Syndicate's portrayal of victorian London is far more belivable than any other game's attempt so far.
>>
>>329761723
The cities in 3 felt amazing to me and climbing trees and rocks in the frontier was badass, best cities in the series until unity.
Main thing I liked about the cities in 3 were that they we're all clumped together like they were in previous games, there were massive fields and wide roads everywhere, you had to use your head to navigate without getting seen
>>
File: 1453570371356.jpg (532 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1453570371356.jpg
532 KB, 800x800
There's plenty of positive stuff to say about AC games, especially the earlier ones. They were fantastic. I actually consider AC2 and Black Flag among the best games of last gen.

However they seem to have not kept up with the rest of the industry. Syndicate is fun, and really well made but the gameplay mechanics feel... shallow. Unity was a step in the right direction but it felt like they backtracked after the backlash, although for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>329762138
Most agree that Syndicate is better than Unity actually.

I have not played Unity (skipped it and Rouge) and went straight to Syndicate. Its probably the most "assassins creed" feeling game since AC1 in terms of actually feeling like a person (or group of people) raised as proper assassins out to hunt templars and collect pieces of eden.
>>
How was Rogue?
>>
>>329762521
I cant judge because I havnt played it yet, I know that victorain London, the city of London, was choc full of horses and horse shit, you litterally could not have a conversation on the street because of horse shoes hitting the cobbles, what gameplay I have seen its full of carriages which were mainly only used as taxies for the rich or transports for goods.

Where unity, in French revolution days central areas were literally putrid and streets red with blood, guillotines everywhere, but in the market districts and aristocratic areas full of protesters which it is in unity.
I will play syndicate soon just waiting to pick it up cheap second hand.

I own 3, bf and unity anyway.
All Ac games are a 1 time play through for me though
>>
>>329755882
Is the best bait for shitposters
>>
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the whole conspiracy/ modern stuff. And finding the puzzles and shit.
>>
>>329762769
>raised as proper assassins out to hunt templars and collect pieces of eden.
Thats a good thing then, ac1 how they mixed, religion, history modern conspiracy theories and fiction is what got me hooked on the game, I played 1-revelations back to back, the year 3 came out, I never played them before because I was travelling and only played light gaming on laptop
>>
>>329762812
I would like to know this too and is it an important part of the timeline or just spin off nonsense
>>
>>329761468
The soul it had died you moron, the modern day story was half-assed into something an abomination would be disgusted at.

It should have ended at AC3 and you know it, they could have chosen or made a another IP for Black Flag and Syndicate but they didn't, AC is dead, plain and simple.

Also, Syndicate is a pile of shit, but compared to Unity I can understand why people are praising it.
>>
>>329755882
Black Flag
>pirates

only game in the franchise I can stand to play for more then an hour.
>>
All they need to do is improve on Unity's combat. Add more enemy types, more unique encounters, and instead of spamming the map with 100's of shitty activities, just make a dozen of interesting sidequests that explore the factions & location.

I'd be so happy if those things happened. Otherwise I think AC is pretty fun still.
>>
>>329755882
Blackflag and Ezio saga
>>
>>329763324
>It should have ended at AC3 and you know it
I think what happened is instead of taking time they had to yearly release it and the guys at Ubisoft couldn't create 2 engrossing stories (modern and past) to create good games, so now they create any past story, which is easy because of endless historic times, and leave the cliff hanger in every game like an episode of that TV show, lost.

Playing 1-3 while playing modern day I couldnt wait to find out whats happening in the past story, and playing the past I couldnt wait to find out the modern story, constant story suspense all through the game
>>
>>329763320
its part of the main story, ties into Unity and Syndicate both. The game itself is good, but clearly low budget. Shorter than the main AC games and lots of reused assets. Also, the story is good, but it could have been A LOT better. It's just rushed.
>>
>>329756287

It's actually pretty good, assuming you like assassin's creed games.

Fun main characters, a great city to explore, and a lot of assassination missions to go about with. Combat is the same old assassin's creed fair, but they cranked up the speed.

The only problem I had was that the gang mechanic could have been developed more. Your gang members are little more than another group of helpers and the story missions don't give you a sense that you're the leader of the largest gang in the city.
>>
>>329756287
I really enjoyed it. The game takes itself a lot less seriously than previous AC games, the main characters are fun, the location is amazing.

However, it is also the most "by the numbers" AC game out there: it's literally the safest possible game they couldve released after Unity.
>>
>>329763324
I guess all the fun I had with BF and S was fake, and all the fun fans are still having with the series isn't real.

The series isn't dead. Megaman is a dead series. Dead Space is a dead series. AC is strong as ever and its not gonna die anytime soon.

As far as the series "soul" that shit died back at Brotherhood when they decided to milk Ezio to death instead of progress to 3.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.