[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s honest opinion about the new Zelda game coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 2557861-zelda_001.jpg (638 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2557861-zelda_001.jpg
638 KB, 1920x1080
What is /v/'s honest opinion about the new Zelda game coming this year? Do you think it will be GOTY 2016?
>>
Everything I've seen makes me too excited. I'm trying to not hype it up too much. They're taking Zelda exactly where it needs to go and aiming at fixing some of the core problems with the series. I'm beyond stoked. My hype has reached critical mass. Nintendo have been such dicks lately though it's been dampening my hype.
>>
>>329722697
How can you have an opinion on this with what little info we have. I'm hopeful, but I'm reserving judgement for e3.
>>
I'm hoping the graphical style and level of detail shown in the trailer is what we can actually expect.
>>
If anything, it will turn out exactly like xcx
>constant texture popups
>nothing in the vastland
>>
What new features do you guys want to see in the game?
>>
>>329722697
It's rather hard to have an opinion when Nintendo showed next to fucking nothing about the game.
>>
What the fuck are you talking about OP? Opinion on what, trailers? It's going to be garbage like all Zelda games after Majora's Mask. These games are as mentally stimulating as taking a shit. I recently played TP and PH. The biggest sin the series continues to make is when you enter a room and the camera pans out too focus on, not the puzzle, but the fucking answer to the puzzle. You know this is true.
>>
>>329722697
>this shameless bullshot again
>>
>>329725194
This, made SS unplayable. Why even call it a game at this point. I can't wait for Nintendo to get fucked so their hostages can be sold to competent developers. Metroid Prime on a powerful console or pc please.

Nah this won't happen, they'll inevitably go mobile and become so stinking rich you can smell their cash on the moon.
>>
File: 1434156062412.png (113 KB, 564x276) Image search: [Google]
1434156062412.png
113 KB, 564x276
>>329724216
It's an old feature. But I want multiple mounts.
>>
>2016
OP don't fall for this meme. It's not coming before 2017
>>
>>329728171
But didn't Reggie affirm the game was coming this year?
>>
>>329728827
Reggie has no idea what's going on at Nintendo.
>>
I want to know how they'll censor this one.
>>
>>329728827
He's done that a couple of times now, although I imagine they can't afford to delay it again
>>
File: Zelda.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>329728981
>>329729412
This wasn't confirmation?
>>
>>329729780
>>329729780
>reading comprehension
My point was he has confirmed it multiple times, but has also been delayed a couple of times, remember it was originally confirmed for 2015
I think it will be released but I felt the same way 2 years ago
>>
>>329722697
My opinion is that they need to show more of it to us already.
>>
Knowing Nintendo, it will be a great game with a glaring fault. And if it doesn't, then there will be 100 other tiny things that no competent dev would let slide.
>inb4 shitty gimmick
>inb4 15 fps
>inb4 OoT did it better

It could be a 8.7/10 but it better be a 10/10.
>>
>>329722697
>What is /v/'s honest opinion about the new Zelda game coming this year?

I have concerns that it'll be another Skyward Sword in terms of impressions and success.

>Do you think it will be GOTY 2016?

Fuck no.
>>
So I was reading some article on flipboard and they were ranking all Zelda games based on reader votes I believe. They had the Oracle games at #14. That is fucking wrong.
Now agree with me to validate my opinion friends
>>
>>329722697
how the fuck can I have an opinion yet? I have no clue what it will actually play like, and I've barely played any games from 2016 yet.

don't be a cunt.
>>
>Nintendo game
>GOTY
>ever
>>
>>329731635
>What is Ocarina of Time
>What is Super Mario 64
>What is Super Mario Galaxy
>>
>>329731635
>>329731890

And the last game of theirs that was deserving enough for a GOTY nomination was Xenoblade Chronicles. Which wasn't even first party.

Their last first-party game deserving such a nomination was Super Mario Galaxy. A game that came out 9 years ago.
>>
>>329732086
>implying splatoon wasn't goty 2015
>or tropical freeze in 2014
strong candidates, at the very least.
>>
>>329722697
Don't know nearly enough about it to make any kind of informed comment. I'm guessing they're gonna hype the fuck out of it once E3 rolls around, considering it's pretty much guaranteed to become a dual release as a Wii U / NX launch title.

From what little we've seen and heard, it looks great. Love the art style, and it'll be cool to see how Zelda plays in a truly massive open world.

Also, all these people hating on SS - the Zelda cycle is going strong. :^) I personally think the only mediocre 3D Zelda has been TP. SS was, to me, more enjoyable than OoT, although slightly behind WW and MM.

Hopes are high for Zelda U. Just please let the text speed be as fast as TP/MM, and not go at the snail pace of OoT and especially WW.
>>
>>329731890
>Half-Life
>Diablo
>Bioshock
>>
>>329732086
Forgetting A Link Between Worlds. Easily the best top-down Zelda, and even won a GOTY-award or two while being nominated for several others.
>>
>>329722697
my honest opinion you dumb fuck is that nobody knows
>>
>>329732169
Splatoon was barebones at launch, with the rest of its content locked behind DLC paywalls. Not to mention that it got very repetitive in a short amount of time.
Tropical Freeze was good, but it didn't offer much of anything new or revolutionary from its predecessor.
>>
>>329732521
A Link between Worlds is overhyped because it's been the only semi-decent Zelda in a decade of shit and disappointments.

The renting system was awful, the graphics were trash, the game was still easy, the story was bland and the world was literally nothing new.
>>
Too little info to have a real opinion. Very wary following SS. Aonuma and Miyamoto made some comments that sound like they're headed in the right direction, but they did the same thing with SS so I'm not trusting them anymore.
>>
>>329732686
The renting system was awesome, the graphics were great, the game was hard on Hero Mode, the story was interesting and non-intrusive, the world felt familiar yet fresh.
>>
>looks like shit
>has gimmicky looking gameplay
>Koizumi not involved so no plot
>Tezuka not involved so no interesting characters
>Aonuma involved so expect shitty puzzles and shit to impress his son
>ALBW and TFH were alright so I'm kind of hopeful anyway.
>>
>>329722697
We literally know NOTHING about it. Not even the title. And that's a game that was SCHEDULED for launch last December. It's obvious at this point that they're pulling a TP and are going to make it an NX launch title as well.
>>
File: 1457060221421.jpg (170 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
1457060221421.jpg
170 KB, 700x560
I will post this in every thread that claims a GOTY 2016 and remind them they are wrong.
>>
>>329723890
>XCX
>Nothing in the vastland
Pick one. The exploration was the best fucking part of the game. There was enemies, chests and probe sites basically everywhere.
>>
>>329724216
I want an old feature back. Using two items together for an added effect. Like in Link's Awakening, using the pegasus boots + the feather for long jumps, using arrows + bombs for bomb arrows, using the pegasus boots + sword then switching out the boots for the shield for a protective dash attack, etc.
>>
>We know more about Color Splash than we do this overcooked steak

I have 0 hopes for this being successful or a bomb. I've become numb to Zelda honestly, I don't even consider myself a fan anymore
>>
Man, I'm really hoping masks come back.
>>
>>329734482
I don't. I hope there's exactly zero transformation gimmick.
>>
>>329735143
ur a fagit
>>
>>329722697
I'm of the opinion that I haven't yet played this game.
>>
>>329722697
>what is your opinion on a game where you have to imagine every single detail of its existence?
>>
>>329722697
>Zelda
>GOTY
Pick one
>>
>>329737756
What's sad is that the best zelda game, Majora's Mask, wasn't GOTY because there were so many god-tier patrician classic vidya that came out in 2000 that there couldn't possibly be a best, and now this one won't be GOTY because it'll suck.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.