[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lads, got me a fresh format and I'd like to reinstall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: MW-creature-Cliff_Racer.jpg (120 KB, 1300x1000) Image search: [Google]
MW-creature-Cliff_Racer.jpg
120 KB, 1300x1000
Hey lads, got me a fresh format and I'd like to reinstall Morrowind and try to get as much mileage out of it possible with the graphical overhaul mods. Thing is, I dunno how to even begin, there's so many steps. Anyone got the a latest modding guide picture or something similar? Step by step stuff.

Also TES/Morrowind thread in general I guess.
>>
>>329692318

From my experience, the longer you take to mod the game the less time you'll actually spend playing it.

Better bodies, better heads, MGE, some textures if you want and new skys, don't get music replacers, morrowind has a great sound track.

Limit the amount of added gameplay mods too, morrowind is big enough as it is, you will be way too overwhelmed if you add another 50 hours of gameplay to it.

>get a mod that makes only diseased cliffracers hostile
>>
>>329692596
Also one more thing, Tamriel Rebuilt is really cool, but it was honestly too much for me, most of it is still empty land and even though they added quests, it goes with my first post that too much gameplay mods means you'll find yourself doing too many things.

It's like having a massive fucking backlog and having no idea which game to play, so you end up playing nothing
>>
MGE and Morrowind code patch are probably the most important.
Any big texture pack is probably fine
>>
>>329692814
>>329692596
I completely agree with you on the gameplay issue. Most I'll get is something that adds more bow stuff cause I like archery and fletching, that's about it. I DO want to amp up the graphics as much as possible. I always had a meh computer but now I have a half-decent one so I wanted to see how far I could take it.
>>
File: 1384039004556.gif (2 MB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
1384039004556.gif
2 MB, 425x319
>>329692318
http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/
>>
Would it be foolish to play as a pure mage on my blind first playthrough?
>>
>>329693256
Sounds pretty good, you should check out the status of openMW as that might add a lot of stability to your game when you're running a bunch of mods.

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

This will help make the graphics selecting easier, and if you can get the 4gb patch do that as well.

I'm replaying Morrowind right now and the hardest thing about it is NOT abusing large amount of glitches, exploits, and knowledge of top tier items (that fucking sword in the Balmora tower). It's literally a test to see if i can force myself to add challenge.
>>
MGOS + Morrowind Rebirth or Reborn or whatever it is is a pretty good combo. One for graphics, one for gameplay, fairly simple install.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 960x720
>>329693728
yes, random mages have reflect which can blow you the fuck out. Once you start making your own spells you'll be so over powered it's not funny, but as soon as you hit someone with reflect.. GAME OVER MAN.
>>
I'm not your lad, mate.
>>
>>329692318
>replaying morrowind recently
>difficulty slider max
>getting rekt'd by squibs and mudcrabs
>get some levels, feeling better
>go do fighters guild's first quest
>go into upstairs storage of pillow lady's house
>rats take my health down to 1/2 with 3 hits
>WEEWW
>chug 5 standard health pots
>rats out DPS my healing within 3 seconds and kill me

Back to the mudcrabs until level 5 I guess. I also just realized I really need to add a mod that delays the dark brotherhood attacks before that shits on me.
>>
So what's the difference between this MGE 3.8.0 and this new MGE XE thing?
>>
File: 1445614180611.jpg (25 KB, 315x365) Image search: [Google]
1445614180611.jpg
25 KB, 315x365
>>329694419
Good for you.
I can't play Morrowind anymore without exploiting the shit out of alchemy right from the start.
Infinite money, perfectly raised skills and all relevant skills at 100 with trainers.
Of course exploited enchanting and int as well for 100% immunity to everything.
>>
>>329692318
check out the LP by SorcererDave and look at his modlist and go for something similar except get the most up to date versions of his mods

most important mods:
Tamriel Rebuilt if you want to explore a new landmass
Morrowind Rebirth to make the official landmass fresh again
MGSO for your graphics (and sound)
LGNPC
Morrowind Code Patch (probably get the most up to date beta version, this could take a little bit of effort)
>>
>>329693882
MGSO not MGOS
>>
File: 1452197649633.png (155 KB, 525x504) Image search: [Google]
1452197649633.png
155 KB, 525x504
might as well ask here any way to bump my fps to 60 while outdoors?
my spec is i5 3470,gtx 670.
tried the fast and very fast pc presets on mgso and both give me 60fps while inside and around 40 while in cities outside.
>>
>>329694419
Don't put the difficulty slider on max
all it's gonna do is make you have to repair your items obnoxiously often and spend way too much time on each enemy, it doesn't make the game better like in a game that has proper difficulty design. I think I read they put that slider in at the last minute.
>>
>>329694419
I started Sorcerer playthrogh recently. Leveling magic skills is so slow as I get two casts of anything before running out of magic juice.
>>
>>329696371
It's like a drug, even without exploiting alchemy is so damn useful it's not even funny. Then you look at any guide online and they all just tell you to exploit the shit out of it anyways.

The Sword of White Woe is also crack for me, I am going insane every time I pass by that tower trying not to use it.
Just the fact that I know where most of the legendary equipment is hurts, I have no idea when "im ready" to go and get it. I can't tell if there's a turning point or anything
>im a nord
>getting the Dragonbone cuirass will make 99% of mages a joke for me

My biggest decision will be if I get the Fists of Randagulf when I get to that point in the game, which honestly isn't that far if you rush into the main quest.
I mean come on, I already feel bad enough abusing Sujamma

I feel like I need to just outright ban some items if I want the whole game to still have some challenge, what should I add to this list

>any grand charm self made equipment
>wraithguard
>fists
>dragonbone
>bobs
I just don't know anymore
>>
>>329697663
Alchemy up some magic potions. Ot get the fair magic regen mod.
>>
>>329697663
Ugh I can't stand magic unless I go custom class with Altmer with wombburn.
>>
>>329697684
I always collect all the legendary items and put them in my house.

I guess when you have your own house you should get them
>>
>>329697684
I had a really fun time going pure conjuration for offense last game. I typically abuse Shrine to Stop the Moon so much that my armor doesn't matter unless in a giant room full of archers with no cover...
>>
>>329697684
I do exactly everything you just described in your post.
i don't really think it's that much about challenge even since one can simply choose to exploit all the things one wants or not, which is also why I like MW so fucking much.
I bought the game on release and have memorised every single fuckign artifact and their locations.
Usually I go that strong amulet at a closeby ancestral tomb which name I forget, spellbreaker in that stronghold, dragonbone cuirass, levitation and then to skull-crusher with daedric greaves from that estate and then rush the main quest a little for the fists all the while exploiting alchemy and selling everything to the mudcrab while getting skills and levels and trainers.
At this point I'm invincible.
Hopefully openMW can offer something new and substantial.
Even a mod that removes all the standarts and places new ones all over the world in different caves, tombs and other places.
>>
>>329697684
Don't use anything you can sell to the museum. Don't use the long blade skill at all.
>>
>>329698032
I decided aganits modding mana regen. I also chug down mana potions if I need to, but there is always the question of "do I waste mana potionherw or go with a blade?"
And I'm not really complaining advancement is slow but I got in magic business with the idea that early game is hard and godhood waits in late game.

Though I'd wish I'd had remembered that Televani and mages guild hate each other. Does being in Mages guild make being Televani impossible?
>>
>>329698497
Also boots of blinding speed of course which I always get first.
>>
>>329693965

Reflect is way too common an effect in the game, I've noticed. I enchanted myself a nice assassination tanto with paralysis, and 50% of the time I try to backstab something, I freeze for a moment.
>>
>>329698661
No, it's not that big of a deal unfortunately
>>
>>329698879
>>329693965
Another reason why for magic offense, conjuration is the way to go in MW. Kinda sad they had to limit you to one summon at a time in IV and V but it makes sense.
>>
>>329698661
Only when the crazed arch mage askes you to kill all the heads of the house telvanni
>>
>>329697684
>Then you look at any guide online and they all just tell you to exploit the shit out of it anyways.

This is the worst thing ever, I feel bad for new players who want to enjoy this game, but end up looking online for some quick advice

>so we just made it to balmora, our first stop is into that tower and were going to steal The Sword of White Woe
>pretty powerful huh? But that's just to hold us over on our way to get Eltonbrand
>make sure to pick up the boots of blinding speed to make that trip as short as possible

WHY, JUST LET THEM ENJOY THE GAME
>>
>>329699372
>tfw i never really did find all the shit in morrowind since i've always played blind, and didn't know about the sword of white woe until you just mentioned it
>>
>>329699175
I've liked how majority of mage's guild quests are subtle or not so subtle "help me to get stronger," -quests.
>>
>>329699625
Nether did I and I don't mind. Following the story and lore is fun enough.
I feel that my next character will be proper exploring type, magic rings stolen from graves in every finger and two in the dick.
>>
>>329699636
Magic users are the worst in morrowind. Telavani are the same way
>>
>>329699625
I found it pretty early the first time I played Morrowind, since I autistic explored every building I could.

I'm just glad I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to steal it.

>grab a cup, piss off guard
>run downstairs
>pay 3 gold fine
>run upstairs quick and grab sword

There's one exploit I do every time I play now, and it's as soon as you start.
Since pickpocketing is way too hard, I use Sellus Gravius to max out sneak as soon as I start the game. Sneaking in general is way too hard and the few times you need to pickpocket even if you save scum like a champ it takes forever without very high level.
>>
>>329699870
Personally I love magic users because I enter the game with the idea of "I get mine you get yours". So when they tell me to go screw up some run away slaves the question isn't is this right, its how much does it pay.
>>
>>329697663
Create some really cheap (1-5 cost) spells. They're almost always more magicka efficient, you'll rarely if ever fail casting, and you'll advance your skills faster.

Play around with the spell maker and pay close attention to the cost and chance. Before you even start making your spell, decide what you want the cost to be. Then set the magnitude and duration to as high as you can get them within that cost. Create multiple similar spells at different costs so you have more options to lower your DPS against weaker enemies or increase it against tougher enemies at the cost of efficiency.
>>
>>329699625
You're bound to find a few museum pieces in any play though, but things like the Dragonbone cuirass are pretty hard to find even if you really try push that search. I bet a lot of people missed the Fists their first time around too.
>>
>>329698661
>Does being in Mages guild make being Televani impossible?
Nah. It's much easier if you join them both early and rank up in them together. That will only be a problem for you if you rank up high in the Mages Guild before even joining House Telvanni. Even then, you can get around it with the usual charm, persuasion, and bribes. Once you're in and do some quests they'll all like you enough.
>>
>>329696891
>I think I read they put that slider in at the last minute.
You're correct. The game didn't actually have a difficulty setting on release. They tacked it on in a patch. The same patch they added enemy health bars, in fact. Morrowind had no indication whatsoever of how close you were to killing something.

It's nothing compared to Oblivion's difficulty slider, though. It's the same thing but with even higher damage take and even less damage given. Oblivion's tutorial on max difficulty is harder than anything you'll get yourself into in the early quests of Morrowind on max difficulty.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.